Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
edited March 2006 in Off Topic Chat
As those who have sky in Britian will know, the last ever episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer just aired. I would like to start this thread as a tribute to her wonderful entertainment through the years!

In my eyes the last ever episode was definately the best, it had me on the edge of my seat all the way through, and what a great ending, I've marked this as a spoiler so knock yourselfs out talking about it!

I have been with Buffy from very early on in her existance. I remember seeing the first ever episode, I'm not sure if it was the first time it was on, but I have been watching Buffy for a long time.

I just watched the final installment, as i said it had me on the edge of my seat, and I am adding it to my mental list of things I love! (thats, The Matrix, James Bond, Theatre, Speed (the film not the drugs!)Star Wars and now Buffy (Bond goes without saying)!

[note]Ok this is now a chat thread started by General Ourumov and me, then joined by others, can't be bothered to type your names, sorry guys!

So talk about whatever is flavour of the month!!

****** BE POLITE AND RESPECT PEOPLE'S OPINIONS!******
[/note]
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.

Comments

• Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    edited June 2003
    :( WELL I SEE NOBODY HERE WATCHED ONE OF THE :( GREATEST SHOWS EVER TO GRACE THIS EARTH!! :( ?:)

Well, thats ok don't worry!
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    I apologise, I seem to have missed this thread. I have watched at aswell from very early on. A brilliant show, and I particularly enjoyed the first three seasons and the battles at the end of each season.

Sarah Michelle Gellar is nothing short of stunning aswell.
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    I was a fan of this series from the first season onward.Everyone involved-cast,writers,technicians-did absolutely stellar work.IMO Buffy (and Angel) are among the most intelligent tv shows in the history of the medium.The final episode of Buffy was especially well done-tying up several loose threads and also leaving enough of its characters behind for possible future appearances elsewhere.Sarah Michelle Geller has stated that she'd like to reprise her role of Buffy at some point down the road.

W.G.
    My favourite character has always been Giles, though. I would expect most people to say Spike or Buffy herself, but I have liked Giles mainly because earlier on in the show's life the jokes were always on him, and at the end of Season Six and Season Seven he is the all powerful Giles who knows all. Anya getting sliced a little frustrating as she was one of the more likable characters.
    AAAhh excellent!! :D :D
    My faveourite character has to be Enya.
    Not only was she, hilarious! With her sarcastic commments and stupid remarks, and don't forget the shrill note of hysteria in her voice! But she also Died such a heroic death at the end, I truely had tears in my eyes as Zander was yelling for her at the end, I mean she was right there!! :O
    yes definately Enya. :D
    She was a little strange I think because she was a demon before she became human, and was inexperienced as how to react to certain people and situations.

I am sad that that the series has finished, but happy that it finished while the ratings were good.
    Quite true Ourumov, she made me laugh! :)) but her death brought me this far | | away from tears :(

Cheers to you Buffy and crew, you have entertained us well! {[] {[] {[]
    Indeed!
    My favourite season would have to be out of 2, 3 and 4. Five was a little over the top with the emotions and didn't really focus on the slaying. I though it slipped a bit when they left Sunnydale high.
    I think you are right there Ouromov, the whole plot was based around the school in such a way that when they left, they had to rebuild it, and most of the characters had jobs at one point in there!
    (Zander worked on the constructionn,buffy was the person thingy! Wood of course was the principle and gyles, do I even need to say?!)

Well since this topic has kind of died down, and passed away, and it seems to be just us two talking, why don't we change this to our litttle chat topic. Rather than using private mssages lets share our views on stuff with the people! Just a thought!
    Well since this topic has kind of died down, and passed away, and it seems to be just us two talking, why don't we change this to our litttle chat topic. Rather than using private messages lets share our views on stuff with the people! Just a thought!

I'm for that.

You like Speed, eh? Is that a Keanu Reeves thing or do you think it is just a good film. I have heard many dislike it, but I think Dennis Hopper is an excellent villain - Hopper for Bond 21, anyone?

But I HATE Sandra Bullock, an awful actress. Shame, but the rest is good.
    Oh yeah! I forgot that Keanu was in that! No I just think that the two speed films are great!
    edited July 2003
    Sorry my internet connection is playing up, I think it's the new Norton Anti virus, it seems to have stopped me from logging on to things I was registered to on the internet. Luckily, because of the way this website is designed I can still post posts! (god bless Sico!)

As well as this I'm going to France on a school trip for four days on Monday so I'm afraid I wont be able to talk for a while.

If you like you could email me! @- Dr_Fricken_Evil@msn.com
    Don't forget the capitals and @msn!

Actually I've edited it now and I think things are ok!

So let me start on the subject of Star Wars.

What is the reason you like Star Wars? Is it for the plot, the action, the characters, the music! Bit of an odd question I guess but I just would like to know!

And if you think you're sad (not saying you are just if you think you are!), get a load of this:

My graphics teacher (Mr Pointer) recreated half of the entire Star Wars fleet, the dark side I think. He said making the Star Destroyer was hell! Anyway he used Bryce 3D, you heard of that?
    That's interesting, about your graphics teacher. I have heard of Bryce, infact I used to have it on my old computer - but never really thought to use it.

Half of the entire Star Wars fleet, well that would have kept him going for a while! He would have had to create many star destroyers and even the huge Command Ship - I don't know but I guess he'll be in for a bit of a tough time recreating that!

Answering your question about why I like Star Wars, I have to say everything. I know that will seem like I can't be bothered to answer your question properly but I really do enjoy evrything about Star Wars (except the fact that Darth Vader can breathe whilst talking!).

The main things are the villains, the battles and the music I think. For a villain it will always be hard to choose between Vader, Boba Fett and General Veers (don't know why!).

I think the battle of Hoth and the battle of Endor were both excellent, and my favourite battles. Are you a fan more of the older ones like me? (I do like the new ones as well) or do you like the newer ones or both the same?
    Well as good as the newer ones are, you just can't beat the classics, I even feel that Phantom Menace is better than Attack of the Clones. Yes I also think the music is just fantastic!
  • Valentin ZukovskyValentin Zukovsky Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Quoting Jedi Master:
    Well as good as the newer ones are, you just can't beat the classics, I even feel that Phantom Menace is better than Attack of the Clones. Yes I also think the music is just fantastic!

I'm not afraid to say I myself dislike (though I wouldn't say HATE) AOTC, though "Phantom Menace" is one of my favorite entries in the series (after "Empire Strikes Back"). I'm not a huge fan of "Star Wars" - and I think the original is VERY overrated - but they're pretty good films, as a whole.
    Well sorry about that General, please don't shoot me! I went to France for four days. So where were we?
    edited July 2006
    We were discussing Star Wars with our good friend Val!

I thought you'd be right up here, stating your views already!
    edited December 2004
    Yes I'd be happy to air my views here.

Although I'm currently on the phone and it is difficult typing so I will wait.
    Phew! Well I just got back from a fantastic holiday in the isles of Scilly, are you still here general!?
    I'm still right here! Trying to keep this thread from drowning in the rest of the threads!
    Drowning them in what? Our knowledge of films? (SAD OR WHAT EH?! AND PROUD!!) You shouldn't be stopping it from drowning others, you should be stopping it from being closed, cos it's a bit naughty having our own thread int it?!
    Guess so. Oh well. Time for me to make some more posts. I think the new site layout is cool.
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    I think the new site layout is cool.

Yes very, a work of art, but still in progress I believe! I think I will have to ask Sico to replace the search bar, I used to use that for my quick stops here, I would come in and search for jedi master to see if anyone was posting on the threads I talked on! Now I have to do it the normal way!
  • micsnmicsn Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    sorry, back to star wars, they are my favourite films (bond is close 2nd), my favourite is RETURN OF THE JEDI.
    And ATTACK OF THE CLONES. :D

:)
    edited July 2006
    My favourite is Return of the Jedi aswell. I did love the battles and lightsaber duels from Attack of the Clones.
    I thought you prefered Empire strikes back ourumov? That is my favourite. I love the movies in the middle of trilogies, Matrix Reloaded, Empire Strikes Back, they have all the interesting plot twists and cliff hangers and such.
    oh no, we are no longer front page news! what to do?! So general, what do you think will happen in the Matrix Revolutions?
    Quoting Jedi Master:
    I thought you prefered Empire strikes back ourumov? That is my favourite. I love the movies in the middle of trilogies, Matrix Reloaded, Empire Strikes Back, they have all the interesting plot twists and cliff hangers and such.

I liked The Empire Strikes Back for The Battle of Hoth at the beginning. The action is great and so is the music.

I haven't a clue what to expect from Revolutions. All I know is to expect the death of one of my all time favourite villains - Agent Smith!
  • The Sly FoxThe Sly Fox USAPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    edited September 2003
    My two favorite Star Wars movies are Ep. 2, and Return of the Jedi. Star Wars is a close second to Bond.
    I hope you don't mind me barging in on your conversation...