James Bond 007 base station

nokomnokom Posts: 26MI6 Agent
This is a newer item made by IMC toys. I am looking for one but I live in the us there for it is hard to come by. Anyone know where I might be able to order one?

Comments

• PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    nokom wrote:
    This is a newer item made by IMC toys. I am looking for one but I live in the us there for it is hard to come by. Anyone know where I might be able to order one?

I know I'm gonna kick myself because the answer will turn out to be something painfully obvious, but what the heck is a "bas station"?
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Probably a typo for gas station. But, even so, when has a gas station ever played a major role in a Bond film? The PTS of Octopussy?
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Turns out it's "base" station; IMC are making a new run of "spy toys" with the 007 logo slapped-on. They produced some walkie-talkies and so forth a few years ago.

Right now retailers are just showing prototypes but wouldn't be surprised if they never hit the market; Beanstalk announced a slew of similar products for DAD which were never released and I'd anticipate the same reason here: We're well-away from the tot market now with CR. This stuff is gonna be a tough sell.
  • nokomnokom Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    Oh sorry typo lol. Its 'BASE STATION'
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,518Chief of Staff
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    Turns out it's "base" station; IMC are making a new run of "spy toys" with the 007 logo slapped-on. They produced some walkie-talkies and so forth a few years ago.

Right now retailers are just showing prototypes but wouldn't be surprised if they never hit the market; Beanstalk announced a slew of similar products for DAD which were never released and I'd anticipate the same reason here: We're well-away from the tot market now with CR. This stuff is gonna be a tough sell.

The IMC base station does exist - I have one. They came out at the same time as the walkie-talkies you mention, PoorMansJB.

I haven't seen one for sale for about a year or so, I managed to get mine from TK Maxx.

Sorry I can't help more.
    YNWA 97
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited October 2006
    What exactly does this base station look like, Sir Miles?In fact--what is it,anyway?

You and PMJB have wheted my curiousity...
  • nokomnokom Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    It is a brief case type thing that opens up and holds: 6 walkie talkies and a watch (I think) and maybe a gun. It also apears to be a lap top computer.
    The IMC base station does exist - I have one... I haven't seen one for sale for about a year or so, I managed to get mine from TK Maxx.

You're referring to a previous one, then. The poster, I'm fairly sure, is referring to a new one. The first run used blue packaging as did seemingly all licensed products circa DAD; the new stuff is all in red.

Since the IMC products would just be repackaged, perhaps they will be released. I think Beanstalk abandonned their plans, however, when they realized that a children's line was just sort of at odds with the decidedly more adult DAD (though Beanstalk didn't seem to have a clue regarding distribution so that likey didn't help).
    nokom wrote:
    It is a brief case type thing that opens up and holds: 6 walkie talkies and a watch (I think) and maybe a gun. It also apears to be a lap top computer.

It's what he said, Willie - but it doesn't hold a gun.
    YNWA 97
    edited October 2006
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    The IMC base station does exist - I have one... I haven't seen one for sale for about a year or so, I managed to get mine from TK Maxx.

You're referring to a previous one, then. The poster, I'm fairly sure, is referring to a new one. The first run used blue packaging as did seemingly all licensed products circa DAD; the new stuff is all in red.

Yes, mine is in the blue packaging - I had no idea they were planning to reproduce these again, allbeit in red packaging. Will they never learn ? ;)

Any links to any pics ?
    YNWA 97
  • C0MMANDERBONDC0MMANDERBOND Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    yes i know were you can find one,if its the one in a briefcase with 2 walkie talkies in the case aswell,there sold in a shop in lincoln england just down the road from me i have orderd 1 for christmas to put in my collection,i will gladly send you details if you wish or if you want one we can come to some arrangement let me know,you can contact me via my email c0mmanderbond@hotmail.com
    Any links to any pics ?

Amazon UK have pics of the prototypes for the whole line.
  • C0MMANDERBONDC0MMANDERBOND Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    -{yes i know were you can find one,if its the one in a briefcase with 2 walkie talkies in the case aswell,there sold in a shop in lincoln england just down the road from me i have orderd 1 for christmas to put in my collection,i will gladly send you details if you wish or if you want one we can come to some arrangement let me know,you can contact me via my email c0mmanderbond@hotmail.com
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    Any links to any pics ?

Amazon UK have pics of the prototypes for the whole line.

Just incase you haven't found them Amazon UK Base Station
    Simon
    SiCo wrote:
    Just incase you haven't found them Amazon UK Base Station

Thanks for the links, Si.

I really am a lazy little sod and probably wouldn't have searched for them :))

Pretty much the same gear that they were going to market for DAD, but didn't. I won't buy them at that price, I'll wait for the discount stores to get them I think ;)
    YNWA 97
    Pretty much the same gear that they were going to market for DAD, but didn't.

Bit confused ... you said you'd got the base station. I know they made the walkie-talkies, too. Are you just reiterating what I said, that the rest is like the stuff that Beanstalk didn't follow through on for DAD?
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    Bit confused ... you said you'd got the base station. I know they made the walkie-talkies, too. Are you just reiterating what I said, that the rest is like the stuff that Beanstalk didn't follow through on for DAD?

Sorry to confuse.

I have the base station and I have an intercom watch pack, all in the previous blue packaging from IMC.
    Some of the items shown, I believe, did not make it through to final production last time out, certainly not in Beanstalk or DAD packaging - as to whether IMC produced/used any more items last time out, I don't know.
    YNWA 97
    I saw these toys in a local toyshop last weekend - they looked bloody awful, really cheap and nasty in the red packaging.
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I saw these toys in a local toyshop last weekend - they looked bloody awful, really cheap and nasty in the red packaging.

Slightly off-topic, but the blue them is one of the only instances of consumer packaging I can think of where virtually every licensee used almost exactly the same graphics, so that no matter who made an item or line, they all looked like they belonged together.

Shame they've switched to red; it's over-used in retail. Plus the new Monopoly game now looks either dated or wrong.