Blofeld Coat of Arms

Does anybody know if there is such a thing as the Blofeld Coat of Arms repro from OHMSS? I hear tell of rumours only, and any info would be helpful. Thanks! Well, back to work, you've no idea how it's piling up...

Comments

• SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/6946/blofeldcoatofarmscopyrr2.png

Here is an Image of Blofeld's coat of arms or more appropriatly that of Comte Balthazar de Bleuchamp, I don't know if anyone is physically reproducing it but you could probably get someone to do it as a one off.
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    Hi Solaris,
    I could not access your Imageshack link, all I could see was a Red X inside a box.
    Could you please repost the image link? I would very much like to see Blofeld's Coat Of Arms.
    All the best,
    ASIO
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
    Thank you, or should I say Merci? Well, I will look into a repro as I'm doing those brass rubbings...
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Thank you, or should I say Merci? Well, I will look into a repro as I'm doing those brass rubbings...

In what context are you using the term "repro"? It reads you want to recreate the prop from the film. The actual crest was sold at auction back in 2001; here's it is with OHMSS production designer Syd Cain in the catalog:

blofeldcrestcainiu6.th.jpg (Click the image for a larger view.)

The final colors are a bit different from the concept drawing Solaris posted.

Piz Gloria sells souveniers having the coat of arms; nothing on the scale of the prop but might be useful depending on your goal. I myself converted it to a tattoo.

And yes, you read that correctly.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited March 2007
    :o Please, Alan we need a pic from that tattoo here,

thanks

Markus
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Ummm, Where may this Tatoo Be? or shouldn't I ask?
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Solaris wrote:
    Ummm, Where may this Tatoo Be? or shouldn't I ask?

While I do have one that I spend a good portion of the day, er, sitting on, as for the Blofeld tattoo, Dave Worrall once warned that we might day find my right arm on eBay ...
  • IanT007IanT007 Posts: 117MI6 Agent
    I have the 25th Anniversary VHS of OHMSS and it came with a free copy of 007 Magazine.

In it is a breakdown of the heraldic characteristics of the Blofeld Arms.

It says:

The Boar Motif: Used to reflect Blofeld's ferocious character.

The Mountain: Used to reflect Piz Gloria

Pearls on the crown: These determine rank, there are 9 which signifies a Count

Mascles: The diamond shapes on the shield are on the actual Blofeld arms and are there for realism

Double cross of Lorraine: Signifies Blofeld's Western European ancestry

The Motto: Arae Et Foci - Of the Air and Soaring

These arms were actualy created by the College of Arms for the film.
  • mpls8mpls8 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    I am new to this list, as I was doing a google search to find out what "arae et Foci" meant, as my Latin is rather fuzzy after 30 years. I have one of those crests over my fireplace study.....I thought it was from a US Navy vessel, as the shield is red, white, and blue flag colors framed by two bald eagles just like your pictures show. Mine is 36 inches by 44 inches wide and turdy fiberglass. What movie and scene is it supposed to be in??? And what auction house?? I got this in Orange county, California....before 1995....where was that movie segment filmed????
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    Does anybody know if there is such a thing as the Blofeld Coat of Arms repro from OHMSS? I hear tell of rumours only, and any info would be helpful. Thanks! Well, back to work, you've no idea how it's piling up...

I'm sure if you have a wander around Graham Rye's www.007magazine.co.uk you'll find a picture of it, especially as Graham/007 Archive once owned a copy of it.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    these are pics of the repro in Piz Gloria, on the stairs upto the restaurant...

I went there on my travels last May, between Karlovy Vary and Lake Como...via Goldfinger pass...best holiday ever... B-)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/pw86/DSCF0107.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/pw86/DSCF0110.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/pw86/DSCF0112.jpg

DSCF0107.jpg
    hope they help with the colours etc... -{