The Invisible Bond

The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
I would like to see if I could elicit my fellow collector's help. It seems thanks to www.jamesbondlifestyle.com I have attracted the attention of a famous mens magazine (to be named when I am given permission). They have asked me to write an article about the interest in dressing like Bond during "real" life events such as the office place, weddings, vacation etc...you see, the editors feel that this initiative is more prevalent than men would claim but some have taken it to a new level. So I am asking you to:

1) Email me any incidents when you dressed or accesorized like Bond in public.
2) Permission to use your name (or not).

My hope is to NOT write the article as hypotheitcals but instead use real life examples- and not just my own. The title will be The Invisible Bond because of how we internalize the excitement of wearing a watch or using a mony clip, or a suit without the rest of the world knowing we are secretly building connective tissue through clothes and accesories to James Bond....My email is dzaritsky@msn.com and I am looking forward to any responses...deadline for these snippets would be May 7th.

Comments

• NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    That is quite exciting! I'll be sure to email you a few things. Can you be a little more specific with what you are looking for? Because there is a difference between just saying "I wear my Persol sunglasses when it is sunny" and discussing incorporating aspects of Bond into a daily wardrobe.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
    Oooo I hope it's GQ. Result on that Mantis. I think loads of men asipire to dress like somebody. For some people it's bond. The episode of Friends where Chandler and Ross are fighting over the Bruce Wayne and James Bond tux for the wedding. To be honest it's not something I try to emulate exactly. I'd rather pick things from a range of peoples styles. I wouldn't just go and buy something Bond had worn just because he had worn it, I'd have to like it.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    edited April 2007
    Here is a hypotheitcal example...of course I would want you to be more detailed than this:
    "At a marketing meeting the other day I wore my Turnbull and Asser shirt with my Planet Ocean watch. As I was bored in the meeting I glanced down at my watch, peaking from the sea island cotton shirt and realized I was in a private Bondian moment. The rush,etc....

OR.....whenever I go on vacation I pack my Persols and Suspel shirt so I have a moment of Bond when I first walk on the sands WHEREVER I am...
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,484MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
    ... and whenever I wear my La Perla trunks I always put a rolled up pair of socks down ther because I feel inadequate etc etc ;)
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    ... and whenever I wear my La Perla trunks I always put a rolled up pair of socks down ther because I feel inadequate etc etc ;)

"Shades of sarcasm?..." B-)

"I wear my dickie proudly..." :007)

"Never afraid to show my helmet" {:)

"Will you yield?...." :s

"That last one nearly killed me..." -{

.....as I glance at my sub, I realise the time, and quickly don my Roger Moore embossed dressing gown and slippers, and shoot out the light with my Airsoft P99 (supplied by Kev at Q Branch...)

Good night Jonathon... ;)
  • Bill TannerBill Tanner "Spending the money quickly" iPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    The title will be The Invisible Bond because of how we internalize the excitement of wearing a watch or using a mony clip, or a suit without the rest of the world knowing we are secretly building connective tissue through clothes and accesories to James Bond....

Many congrats on the article commission Mantis.Will it be a US-edition only, or UK too? Noticed a fundamental contradiction in the premise though: if the activity is secret (and I certainly like to keep it that way), who's going to want to broadcast it in a magazine? I suppose there's always anonymity.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    I think it's trying to get people to open up and admit to their inner bondness and not be ashamed.
    s96024 wrote:
    I think it's trying to get people to open up and admit to their inner bondness and not be ashamed.

Hmmm... good luck with that.
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
    For my upcoming wedding, August 19th, I will be renting a Classic Tuxedo, and I plan to be taking a few Bond-style photographs in the lead up to the big day.
    I will be carrying a modified toy gun, but I won't be in public as our gun laws are tough here in Australia (we treat replica guns as real guns). So therefore I will be restricted to taking the photographs around my house.
    And for the record, my name is Bouw, Manuel Bouw.
    :007)
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    what about us gals??? I try to accessorize like Bond when I go out sometimes. :p

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
    Absolutely I want to hear from you gals!!! Think of this article as coming from the angle that EVERY person at one time or another goes through a momentary role play of being Bondish but there are different levels...this article is not about embarrasing anyone...

The magazine is Men's Vogue.
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    About ten years back I got a Rolex Submariner. Everytime I rolled my wrist over to check the time I could hear the guitar music from the nightclub in the pre-titles of Goldfinger.

During ugly days at work I checked the time frequently.

Today, the music is not so loud, but I still hear it.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

The magazine is Men's Vogue.

I never knew why I subscribed to Men's Vogue, thanks for making me look forward to getting a new issue!
    Will we be able to get a copy in the UK or will I have to wait until it pops up on the Devil's Own Website (ebay)?
    I am sure there is UK distribution but I will check....at the very least I will acquire a copy for you and send it off to you, Bill...{[]
    Proof indeed that the sign of a true gentleman is in more than the clothes he wears.

Many thanks David.
  • Stephanie BroadchestStephanie Broadchest Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    Is it ok if a girl writes about her significant other dressing as Bond?
    NOTHING is off limits...
  • Stephanie BroadchestStephanie Broadchest Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    Ok, then expect an email from me in the next few days!!

~Rachel~
  • Cdr_James_BondCdr_James_Bond Somewhere in the warm south ofPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    Hi Dave.

Just sent you some snippets to your mail.

Incredible idea, I love it!!!