Goldfinger Slazenger Wear

Cheers, fellow collectors. I will be visiting Stoke Poges in early May, and would like to have a go at recreating the Bond golfing scene from Goldfinger. I have located the correct Connery hat, but no luck on the Slazenger brown v-neck sweater, with panther. Any ideas?
Thanks, Tom

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Its actually a deep wine color/burgandy...the brown was a strange color correction...also looks black in some pictures.
  • Head of SectionHead of Section Northern NJPosts: 204MI6 Agent
    I'd love to know where you scored the hat! I have been searching for one for ages! Congrats!

I have found similar sweaters on Ebay. I grabbed one that was virtually identical, but in black. Haven't found the burgundy yet.
    "Resurrection."
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    edited April 2008
    I have good news for those that have a Target by them...right now in the mens clothing section they have a black straw hat that is a dead ringer, save for the band around the hat...but a $2.00 piece of fabric from the fabric store will help create the perfect replica. They also have the same hat in several colors.
  • Head of SectionHead of Section Northern NJPosts: 204MI6 Agent
    I'll definitely have to check it out!
    "Resurrection."
  • Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    edited April 2008
    Gebruder Gumbold, do you have more info on that hat?
    Just saw that Goldfinger scene two hours ago and was wondering where I could get one. The Slazenger sweater is also on my wish list. A grey polo should be easy to find.

And those shoes! There's a great close up when Bond lifts his foot to reveal Goldfingers golfball... does anyone have any idea what brand of shoe that is?
    BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!
  • ClarkyClarky IndianaPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    I had really hoped Dick's Sporting Goods would have carried the Slazie golf sweater, since they bought Slazenger, but alas no such luck. I bought a Black version of the Sweater in England some years back.

I was going to mention Target had a hat very similar to the Goldfinger hat, but Mantis beat me to it. I have the tenth annual Beer Bowl Open coming up at the end of May. I bought one for the event. I'll be playing with my Penfolds. I have the hearts saved back but a diamond or spade still do nicely. Yes, we are allowed British size balls if we want. I have had the devil of a time finding Dunlop 65s in 1 and 7s though.
  • Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
    I purchased a very close hat from Miller Hats in the USA. www.millerhats.com. It is grey straw, and looks very close, or, at least, would fool the casual fan.
    Miller has a really good selection of quality hats, and, when in England, I am going to visit James Lock and Co. Ltd on St. James's Street, as well as Turnbull & Asser.
    Best of luck, and happy landings, Old Man.
    Old Man, is that what you chaps in SMERSH cal each other?
  • Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
    I scored a cashmere sweater in dark burgundy from Land's End, no Slazenger panther, but I have an old sweater that I bought from Ebay, and will just tack it on. Regarding the Target hats- I went into my local store today, you know, the ones with the signs in Spanish (Dont get me started), and they only had one in green. No help, no Ingles- darn! So, I see that someone wrote that they have a black version- the hat in my Goldfinger dvd captures is grey. Is this what you meant? The shape looks authentic! Pls comment, and thank you.
  • dss007dss007 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    You do not know how much I appreciate the Target recommendation you made about the golf hat. I have been looking for this hat or something similar to it on line as well as hat shops for over 5 years. Just to discover that they had one at the Target which is 5 minutes from my house. The band would have to be replaced but that's something that I am not concerned with in the least. Excellent post from a real 007 enthusiast.
  • saint-antoinesaint-antoine CanadaPosts: 209MI6 Agent
    edited February 2009
    I got the Slazenger wine swetaer on eBay last year. If you keep at it, you should be able to locate one. They are very rare but with luck on your side you might locate one. The problem for me was to find one in a decent size. It took me about 2 years but I found the right one and in new condition too... so be patient and it will eventually pay off..
  • AufingerFanAufingerFan USAPosts: 51MI6 Agent
    Picked up the black straw hat this evening from the local Target- dead on copy but for the ribbon- for $15. Glad they still have them a year after Mantis spotted them. Now to move on to the Slazenger sweater- is the Panther on Connery's sweater the same logo as used today?
  • Bentley Mark IVBentley Mark IV TexasPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    I picked up the black straw fedora at my local target as well. It cannot be beat for $15. For anyone who has replaced the ribbon; where did you find a replacement and how did you attach it?

Mantis, I saw that you have a straw hat as part of your GF display collection. Is that a target repro or the real thing?
  • JOE STEWARTJOE STEWART Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    i don't ware anything. from what i know most ppl suggest not waring anything. everything stays in place perfectly and its really comfortable. i have shock doctors though so it could be different
  • nicholas987nicholas987 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hello. Nice Post. The best movie by james bond was The Day After Tommoro. Don't mind it is only mine.
    642-982 certification and 642-983
    preparation for 646-204 certification and 646-223
  • SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    edited March 2010
    Am Still looking for a Appropriately coloured Sweater, the hunt continues.