Ian Fleming's Seven Deadlier Sins

youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
So, I saw this link on CBN a while back and then one of my mates sent a link to me via Facebook and told me to check it out.

This US pastor named Benjamin Pratt, well versed in his Fleming, took a religious view of the Bond novels.

His book "Ian Fleming's Seven Deadlier Sins and 007's Moral Compass"

He takes a look at the moral compass in Ian Fleming's books and then does a special chapter on each of what he calls Fleming's 'deadlier sins': moral cowardice, hypocrisy, self-righteousness, cruelty and malice, avarice, snobbery and acidie (the greatest of sins). He finishes it all up with a study guide and some trivia questions.

It was an interesting read, one I enjoyed more than Starkey's "James Bond's World of Values" which was an all out Christian fundie attack on Bond's world :o and I liked it more than the sometimes ignorant writing (ignorant in the ways of Bond novels/movies...not philosophy :007)) of "Questions are Forever: James Bond and Philosophy" although it had some good entries.

Anyways, tomorrow I am leading a group of some 15 people through a Biblical discussion of QOS -- should be interesting to see what comes of it. We also will explore some themes brought up by Pratt.

For those of you who want to check it out more - take a look here:

http://www.readthespirit.com/bondbiblestudy/

Take note, I do not mean to proselytize anyone on here and I do not support all the views of Pratt, David Crumm or Read the Spirit media. Just a Bond fan who happens to be a Christian and likes to read and discuss this stuff. You are welcome to disagree with me and welcome to ignore it.

I just thought some Bond fans might enjoy it or at least find it interesting. Cheers. {[]
"We have all the time in the world..."