expanded sound track cds.

lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
i wonder if there will be any new expanded sound track cds on the 50th year of the bond films ?

Comments

• The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    No.
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    why ?
  • hegottheboothegottheboot USAPosts: 327MI6 Agent
    I sure hope there will be. I only have OHMSS, LALD, Thunderball, and Goldeneye b/c they are expanded/near complete. If Capitol took the time to finally finish and fully restore just a few-why stop there?
    Would love for a complete TSWLM soundtrack.
  • thenoisydrumthenoisydrum Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    TSWLM is the one that I really miss. Whenever I see the film I always think about how much I would love to have the original music on CD. The one available really doesn't stand up and loads of cues are missing altogether due to the nature of it trying to be a 'hit' album (or whatever they were trying to do). I love the gunbarel from this film.

Will the original score ever be available?
    I read somewhere in an interview with the guy who restored YOLT, OHMSS, DAF, and LALD that he started on TSWLM but was stopped by Capitol. He mentioned that he would like to go back and finish it for a 24 track complete score.
    TSWLM is the one that I really miss. Whenever I see the film I always think about how much I would love to have the original music on CD. The one available really doesn't stand up and loads of cues are missing altogether due to the nature of it trying to be a 'hit' album (or whatever they were trying to do). I love the gunbarel from this film.

The original soundtrack was entirely a new recording done purely for the album - both for commercial and financial reasons.

No, but that doesn't mean you can't have it.
    I read somewhere in an interview with the guy who restored YOLT, OHMSS, DAF, and LALD that he started on TSWLM but was stopped by Capitol. He mentioned that he would like to go back and finish it for a 24 track complete score.

Your recollections are not correct. The album that wasn't done was TMWTGG. Capitol didn't even transfer the material from the tapes because it was cost-prohibitive. TSWLM was never even discussed in the deal and wasn't planned to be done. The 24-tracks have nothing to do with the number of tracks on the CD - it's a name for the format (24-track tape) on which TMWTGG was preserved.
    Whoops. That's right.
  • thenoisydrumthenoisydrum Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    The Cat wrote:

The original soundtrack was entirely a new recording done purely for the album - both for commercial and financial reasons.

No, but that doesn't mean you can't have it.

You're teasing Cat............. would you like some milk?
    Really wish they would do these. TND has two soundtracks and still doesn't have all the music! The ones beside the 5 that were extended are nothing but their original album versions with a new case-was there any remastering done on them? (Dr.No through Goldfinger, TMWTGG through FYEO, AVTAK, LTK, TND through DAD. TLD and Octopussy are the Rykodisc CDs redone-I think.)
    I considered getting some more, but didn't know if they were any different from my earlier 90's CDs (example TSWLM). The only one that I know for sure was remastered was Goldeneye. The new CD has none of the depth of the original pressing.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    The ones beside the 5 that were extended are nothing but their original album versions with a new case-was there any remastering done on them? (Dr.No through Goldfinger, TMWTGG through FYEO, AVTAK, LTK, TND through DAD. TLD and Octopussy are the Rykodisc CDs redone-I think.)
    I considered getting some more, but didn't know if they were any different from my earlier 90's CDs (example TSWLM). The only one that I know for sure was remastered was Goldeneye. The new CD has none of the depth of the original pressing.

More information can be found here:

http://www.shatterhand007.com/QuestionRoom/Kendall.html

and http://www.universalexports.net/interviews/kendall.shtml