Favourite dominatrix types

Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,966MI6 Agent
edited February 2016 in The James Bond Films
Many of the Bond 'bad girls' have dominatrix-type qualities. This is my personal rank order of favourites, but (I'd argue) this isn't really a 'ranking' thread as it's more of an excuse to share a few wry observations.

1. Fatima Blush (Barbara Carrera, NSNA) - Flaunting her operatic fetish-wear, blowing hot and cold in her guise as 'nursie', this volatile, unstable sadist from an 'unofficial' Bond movie induces a powerful castration complex ("Guess where you get the first one!") and is the clear frontrunner for the title of ultimate Bond-girl dominatrix.

2. Xenia Onatopp (Famke Janssen, GE) - A perverse fetishist herself, she's a male masochist's worst nightmare / dream-come-true.

3. Cigar Girl (Maria Grazia Cucinotta, TWINE) - This femme fatale performs an exciting gamut of fierce and mean facial expressions / reactions during the twists and turns of TWINE's showcase boat chase: a terrific scene!

4. May Day (Grace Jones, AVTAK) - A no-nonsense African-American amazon, she can run rings around middle-aged Brit has-beens like Tibbet and Bond.

5. Korean Scorpion Girl (Sarllyah, as Tymarah, DAD) - A scary, impassive torturess, she has Bond at her mercy for months.

6. Miranda Frost (Rosamund Pike, DAD) - This haughty, heartless ice-queen is a near-perfect incarnation of the posh English domina.

7. Bambi and Thumper (Lola Larson and Trina Parks, DAF) - Athletic ballbreakers who lose credibility when Bond scores a token win over them at the end of their sequence, Bambi and Thumper are nevertheless the more memorable precursors of those other supporting-role kickass babes, Nara and Cha, Hip's nieces in TMWTGG.

8. The pilots of Pussy Galore's Flying Circus, led by ex-Avenger Honor Blackman (GF) - Smug English blondes who can knock out flat whole battalions of American troops, their sisterly demonstration of femdom supremacy is later echoed by Octopussy's leggy circus troupe.

9. Elektra King (Sophie Marceau, TWINE) - She arguably deserves a higher rating than this, on the strength of her sadistic enthusiasm at the prospect of torturing Bond to death, but she is, after all, 'damaged goods', a corrupted innocent, and the extent to which she attracts our sympathy diminishes her stature as a domme.

10. Fiona Volpe (Luciana Paluzzi, TB) - A SPECTRE assassin in biker's leathers, she orders around her male lackeys with shouty imperiousness. (It's worthwhile checking out The Man From UNCLE movie, 'To Trap A Spy', to catch Ms Paluzzi playing virtually the same character in opposition to Bond wannabe Napoleon Solo.)

11. Helga Brandt (Karin Dor, YOLT) - Another SPECTRE domina - trading on a 1960s fetish for buxom German femmes fatale - the scalpel-wielding Helga sports a "healthy chest" which barely conceals her sadistic impulses.

12. Naomi (Caroline Munro, TSWLM) - She earns her spurs as a dominatrix-type with the evil kiss she blows Bond from her helicopter, while strafing his Lotus Esprit with machine gun fire.

13. 'Freelance' (Marguerite Le Wars, DN) - Nominated for the venom with which she denounces Bond and his cronies as "rats", this gal can scar a man for life.

14. Drax's bevy of alluring beauties (MR) - Although they hardly exhibit any individual personalities at all, their complicity in Drax's plan to bring destruction to all humanity and to use their sex to breed a new race of perfect beings is callous - as are their watery smiles when Bond seems about to be crushed by a python. (Film critic Matthew Sweet has wittily written them off, with their male mates, as like a Noah's Ark-load of disco dancers from 70s light entertainment variety show 'Summertime Special'!)

15. Jenny Flex (Alison Doody, AVTAK) - Nominated for the fetishistic value of her riding jacket, jodhpurs, boots and crop, she impresses with her swaggering strut.
Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.

Comments

• thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    Great observations. Your research must have been hell!
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,966MI6 Agent
    I was just reviewing this. Despite the pluckiness of some of the women characters in the Daniel Craig films, I don't think I'd add any of them to this particular list. They make their mark or present challenge in other ways.
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Easily Xenia Onatopp for me! :D (And not just because she happens to be Dutch...)
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    Hurt me...with relish and ostrich feathers on top :))
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,205Chief of Staff
    Shady Tree wrote:

11. Helga Brandt (Karin Dor, YOLT) -- trading on a 1960s fetish for buxom German femmes fatale

1960s...? ;%
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Barbel wrote:
    Shady Tree wrote:

11. Helga Brandt (Karin Dor, YOLT) -- trading on a 1960s fetish for buxom German femmes fatale

1960s...? ;%

:))
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Shady Tree wrote:

1960s...? ;%

'Ding Dong '!
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Shady Tree wrote:

1960s...? ;%
    Karin Dor... timeless.... *sigh*
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent
    I'm sure Ted Danson could help you with these kinds of questions :)) :v