Re: Tributes Thread

Another Bond Original is gone.  RIP, Mr. Cain!

Vox clamantis in deserto

a truly talented man

RIP, Mr. Cain!

Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com

Pendragon wrote:

RIP, Mr. Cain!

Be careful, Pen. . .someone who just glances at your post may think you're talking about the presidential campaign of Herman Cain!  ajb007/lol

Vox clamantis in deserto

Hardyboy wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

RIP, Mr. Cain!

Be careful, Pen. . .someone who just glances at your post may think you're talking about the presidential campaign of Herman Cain!  ajb007/lol

well, RIP to his campaign as well ajb007/tongue

Hardyboy wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

RIP, Mr. Cain!

The Secret Service will knock on the doors of Pendragon and Hardyboy any time now for a serious talk  ajb007/amazed

Number24 wrote:
Hardyboy wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

RIP, Mr. Cain!

The Secret Service will knock on the doors of Pendragon and Hardyboy any time now for a serious talk  ajb007/amazed

Bring it on ajb007/tongue

In other news, Harry Morgan, colonel Potter from M*A*S*H has passed away. He was 96. Maybe I'll have a marathon in remembrance today.

Pendragon wrote:

Harry Morgan, colonel Potter from M*A*S*H has passed away. He was 96. Maybe I'll have a marathon in remembrance today.

A very good, often underappreciated character actor.  G'night, Colonel!

Vox clamantis in deserto

Morgan paid out of his own pocket for stamps at least twice.....the most generous celeb Ive ever written most likely  ajb007/heart

RIP Jerry Robinson (created Joker , TF , Robin and Alfred.... Kane was a glory hog and never recognized his work mates)

Pearl Harbour 70 yrs ago......

a HAPPY tribute...congrats to my cousin Abby and her new husband Johan! lucky butts get to go to Disney World while I remain in freezing cold New Jersey for a few more days...

Christopher Hitchens dies

Hardly surprising, but dismaying nonetheless.

Bond: Mr. Mathis, there's something that's been worrying me...
Mathis: Yes?
Bond: Well, you're a French police inspector, yet you speak with an Italian accent.
Mathis: Mamma mia, it worries me, too.

Sad to hear that Jerry Robinson, who worked with Bob Kane on the batman Comics and came up with Robin and The Joker has Died.  I've always loved both Bond and Batman as Characters.

1, OHMSS.  2,CR.   3, LTK.  4, FRWL.  5, Skyfall.

. . .And Joe Simon, co-creator with Jack Kirby of Captain America and other great comic characters, has died at 98.  A great life!

Vox clamantis in deserto

Ronery North Korean dies. He was 69 years old and owned several nuclear weapons. The world is watching with interest.

Why? Are they going up on eBay?

Bond: Well, you're a French police inspector, yet you speak with an Italian accent.

Both Vaclav Havel and Kim John Mentally Il have died. . .I know which one really deserves the tributes here!

Vox clamantis in deserto

RIP to a true legend of the silver screen. Cheetah the chimpanzee is dead at 80 after succumbing to kidney failure.

This is the sort of news I'd love to tell my Dad, who grew up with that generation of Tarzan films, but I just don't think he'd believe me that the chimp was still alive at 80.   ajb007/frown

Aye us chimps can last a long time on this rock, I did hear that cheetah's mate has offered to lead the funeral procession........

right turn clyde!

Napoleon Plural wrote:

This is the sort of news I'd love to tell my Dad, who grew up with that generation of Tarzan films, but I just don't think he'd believe me that the chimp was still alive at 80.   ajb007/frown

It seems there is some doubt over whether this chimp was the real deal. http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/dec … sfeed=true  ajb007/frown

RIP Gary Ablett  ajb007/martini

Gary was a footballer that played mainly for Liverpool and Everton, he died aged 46 after a 16 month battle against non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. My thoughts are with his family.

Aevo rarissima nostro simplicitas
The higher the monkey climbs the more you can see its arse

YNWA: Justice For The 96

just heard bob anderson has passed away on jan the first.

RIP bob

"I'll have an RIP, Bob..."

http://www.ukgameshows.com/p/images/thumb/f/fc/Blockbusters_bob_foldedarms.jpg/300px-Blockbusters_bob_foldedarms.jpg

Bob Holness died, Blockbuster host and second ever guy to play James Bond, in 1956 radio presentation of Moonraker.   ajb007/frown

RIP Bob Holness. Blockbusters was the best quiz ever.

John Drake wrote:

RIP Bob Holness. Blockbusters was the best quiz ever.

Indeed....God bless, Bob  ajb007/martini

Aevo rarissima nostro simplicitas
The higher the monkey climbs the more you can see its arse

YNWA: Justice For The 96