My FRWL U.S. 1 Sheet

Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
All this recent talk about the AR-7 with top notch information provided by Ed Magianni got me to thinking about From Russia With Love. The AR-7 first appeared in Bond's arsenal in that movie. Here is one of the ways the movie was exploited on this side of the pond in the form of a 27"x41" one sheet. This was pulled from my "box O one sheets" and is the style A version. It was mislabled style B on the back. The "X" in pencil over the B was done previous to my ownership. This is my favorite style of the two styles. I do have style B in my collection and will show it at a future time. This is an original one sheet, not a reproduction or re-print. Poster design was by David Chasman.

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

DG
So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
image_zps6a725e59.jpg
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.

Comments

• g-section007g-section007 Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    Hi, I've got the same one, very nice indeed!! congrats.
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Hi, I've got the same one, very nice indeed!! congrats.

Yep, it's a great piece. Feel free to post pictures if you have them.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,229MI6 Agent
    Very nice, I purchased a reprint of that same poster in 1995 from the Disney/MGM studios. It is an excellent design and would also make a great t shirt image too.
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    edited September 2009
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:
    Very nice, I purchased a reprint of that same poster in 1995 from the Disney/MGM studios. It is an excellent design and would also make a great t shirt image too.

I am primarily interested in collecting the original run posters because of an affinity for old things and of course for the value the posters have. However, the fact that re-prints exist make it easier for collectors to enjoy the art of Bond without the expense. That's the beauty of collecting Bond, there are so many levels you can collect on with many and varied price brackets.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg