Tom Ford Harrington & Cardigan

The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
I've just returned from a jaunt to Harrods to pick up some S.T. Dupont Diamond Head Cufflinks that I'd ordered, and thought that I'd pop over to Tom Ford to see if they had any Harringtons in stock. I'd read in an older post that they had been spotted, but only in brown. I knew that the blue ones used in QoS were not for public consumption, but I just wanted to try one on for fit and quality comparison, as I'm thinking of going down the Magnoli Route. Anyway, I tried on one in beige, and one in dark brown. Unfortunately the brown was way too big, and, at £1700 a pop, I'd talked myself out of buying the beige to dye at a later date (!). After a bit of flirting that JB himself would have been proud, I managed to grab a few photos for your perusal.

IMG_0262.jpg
IMG_0263.jpg
IMG_0264.jpg

Here is some of the detailing for the perfectionisti:

IMG_0259.jpg
IMG_0260.jpg
IMG_0261.jpg

And here, I tried on one of the Bond cardigans. Unfortunately, only now available in dark blue, and not black:

IMG_0253.jpg
IMG_0254.jpg
IMG_0256.jpg

Thanks for the support, and hope you like the photos. Hope that you've clocked the 7 For All Mankind jeans, and Church's Ryder III's. I'm also sneaking in a Sunspel Shirt, and Omega Seamaster (oh how last Bond...) Cheers then...

Comments

• The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
    Sorry guys. Still trying to crack how to add photos. How do I insert photos? I've tried the add image to post download, but no joy.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    i think there already more then enough topics on both jackets worn in QOS, but good find nonetheless
  • timibladetimiblade Posts: 157MI6 Agent
    i don't want to be rude but everybody talking about the jacket from Tom Ford, a lot of people saw it but me i'm french and i live in France Not in England so i never saw that jacket so if you can post some pictures of the jacket, it will be nice. thank you
  • CarsonCarson SpainPosts: 28MI6 Agent
    After a bit of flirting that JB himself would have been proud, I managed to grab a few photos for your perusal.
    Sorry guys. Still trying to crack how to add photos. How do I insert photos? I've tried the add image to post download, but no joy.

I'm sure Mr Bond would be equally impressed with your PC skills as well :)) ;)
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I too would like to see pics of an original TF Harrington jacket. I've only seen photos of the screen-used jacket, from production stills and the "Bond On Set" book. Meesta Bawnd, I would appreciate you posting any photos you can. I think those of us "across the pond" are at a big disadvantage in getting to see genuine articles by the Bond clothiers. Most of them are European designers (since the films are UK productions), and many items seem to be available in Europe only. So please, post away!!! After all, that's what we're here for!

Meesta, if you're having trouble adding images via this site, I would suggest using an image site like www.photobucket.com (creating an account is free and takes about 2 minutes), then uploading photos from your computer to your Photobucket account (just click on the "Upload images & videos" button on your account page and select the photo you want to upload from your computer), then copying and pasting the "IMG Code" that's listed under each photo into your post here. That's the easiest way. But make sure the photos you upload from your computer are not huge files (I don't know if this site has a size limit, but I think it's safe to say 480x600 is an acceptable image size - the Admin here can confirm that).

I look forward to seeing your photos!

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    Good on ya for taking the time to get the pics in the shop and then post them up. Very interesting.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Blair,

Thanks for posting the pics!! Great detail shots of the Harrington! I never noticed the piping around the hand warmer pockets. Does anyone know if Tony put these details on his Magnoli replica?

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The screen used ones did not have any leather accents except the TF key fob on the zipper pull. There are some differences between the ones seen in the pictures and the ones that TF supplied to the production. Also the production used ones had mostly unfinished liners inside.
    Thanks for the additional info and clarification, Mantis!

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • MarcoMarco Central EuropePosts: 130MI6 Agent
    I've just returned from a jaunt to Harrods to pick up some S.T. Dupont Diamond Head Cufflinks that I'd ordered, and thought that I'd pop over to Tom Ford to see if they had any Harringtons in stock. I'd read in an older post that they had been spotted, but only in brown. I knew that the blue ones used in QoS were not for public consumption, but I just wanted to try one on for fit and quality comparison, as I'm thinking of going down the Magnoli Route. Anyway, I tried on one in beige, and one in dark brown. Unfortunately the brown was way too big, and, at £1700 a pop, I'd talked myself out of buying the beige to dye at a later date (!). After a bit of flirting that JB himself would have been proud, I managed to grab a few photos for your perusal.

IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg

Here is some of the detailing for the perfectionisti:

IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg

And here, I tried on one of the Bond cardigans. Unfortunately, only now available in dark blue, and not black:

IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg

Thanks for the support, and hope you like the photos. Hope that you've clocked the 7 For All Mankind jeans, and Church's Ryder III's. I'm also sneaking in a Sunspel Shirt, and Omega Seamaster (oh how last Bond...) Cheers then...
    I've just bought the black TF cardigan by APROPOS shop in Cologne (Germany). Simply fantastic.
  • CarsonCarson SpainPosts: 28MI6 Agent
    ^ Any chance of some photos of it?
  • MarcoMarco Central EuropePosts: 130MI6 Agent
    edited October 2009
    Here are some.

TsCNAb0.jpg

TsCNFai.jpg

TsCNK9A.jpg

TsCNRE0.jpg
  • smudgesmudge Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    I went up there and looked at that jacket and i must say its such a good jacket, i got a replica from magnoli which is good but the material is completly different the real one is much toughter and hard wearing and the collar has some leather inside it which makes it stay up really nice if you can afford £1700