Can someone help me identify these vintage publicity documents

I recently purchased a huge 007 collection and am going through it now-lots of rare items. Tons of posters -mostly one sheets 27X41, set of FEL Fleming novels, very rare stills, lobby cards, you name it. I have 7 or 8 of these items I am not positive about-they are definitely original from United Artists and appear to be publicity material-I have Dr. No, FRWL, Golfinger, and MWGG. I am thinking these would have been included with the original press kits presented by United Artists. The top of several of these state From Mike Hutner whom I have researched and it turns out he was the Publicity Director for United Artists.

Any idea how much these are worth? I am a serious collector myself but have not come across these -ever. My guess is they are quite scarce. Any help appreciated. I am new to the board and look forward to many discussions.

If anyone is interested in particular items let me know and I will email photos-it will take me days to sort through but the high points are mentioned above. I will sell the posters as I dont have room for them-they are all nicely mounted and many are not folded.

Thanks for any advice on the publicity documents. I will try and download photos.
czCLA.jpg

Comments

• Dr No07Dr No07 North AmericaPosts: 55MI6 Agent
    These are all original United Artists Corp. press releases (from the New York office). Those shown of DR. NO, FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE and GOLDFINGER usually start around $20 - $30 on eBay, depending on the number of pages (usually 2 or 3). GOLDFINGER is especially rare because it features photo letterhead. They all appear to be in very good condition with no writing. Check the LIVE AND LET DIE artwork VERY carefully because Connery's image--and not Moore's--appears in a few earlier press releases
  • Big DBig D Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    Thanks so much for your input-I have looked at the Live & Let Die ones closer and all mine are Roger Moore images. All of these are indeed in great shape and most have no writing and a few have light penciled marks on them. I will probably keep a few and sell the rest on ebay.

If anyone is interested in them let me know as well.
    Here are some MWGG stills. Has anyone come across stills like this still in the United Artist envelopes with letterhead paper inside as well? Typically when I buy stills they are just the stills-anyone know how much premium the envelopes, letters, etc would add? Thanks much as I value opinions of this very interesting and informative board. I will continue to add other pictures of items I came across recently.

I will post pics in a few minutes...having problems uploading
    Here are some photos attached-any comments or additional info appreciated- I have never seen stills in such nice shape -still in brown United Artist envelopes with letterhead paper inside too! Thanks much
    1gDqYJ.jpg
  • Dr No07Dr No07 North AmericaPosts: 55MI6 Agent
    Original b/w press stills for THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN came in brown lightweight paper bags. They were usually grouped into Key sets or sub-sets (eg, 5 publicity shots of Herve Villechaize, fight at the kung fu academy, etc) and were accompanied with a press release or 'captions sheet' describing each still. MWGG was the only Bond that I know of that National Screen Service did this for. I believe in the UK original stills often had a typed description attached to the back of the still.
    If you decide to sell on eBay, please let us know.
    Thanks so much for your input-very interesting NSS did this only for MWGG. I am more of a book collector than ephemera and memorabilia so I appreciate your info. I will most likely keep a few of these and sell the rest on ebay. My ebay ID is ddun70 and I have listed about 15 items now-mostly books but feel free to watch my auctions. I ship worldwide. Thanks again.

If anyone wants me to email them photos of anything feel free to contact me- I will be happy to do so
    I just listed one of these on ebay folks-a nice couple of stills along with brown paper bag and United Artists press release and nice colored letterhead. Check it out--here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230416842879&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

I have a bunch of other 007 movie memorbilia, books, ephemera, etc that I have listed and will be listing soon-check it out. Thanks