My FRWL U.S. Style B One Sheet

Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
A while back I posted pictures of my From Russia With Love Style A U.S. one sheet. Here is the Style B companion. Although, of the two, the Style A is my favorite, Style B is pretty tasty too. The fact that FRWL was Connery's favorite Bond film and that it is a pretty taught spy thriller on it's own make both versions important to own.

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1130-1.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

DG
So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
image_zps6a725e59.jpg
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.

Comments

• Mister WhiteMister White The NetherlandsPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    His new incredible women indeed.... :007)

Could you tell me what gun he appears to be holding?
    "Christ, I miss the Cold War."
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    His new incredible women indeed.... :007)

Could you tell me what gun he appears to be holding?

Well if I didn't know any better, I'd say it was a Luger because of the short barrel and big round thing on the rear because it's not that clear otherwise. However, from what I've read, during the photography session there was no gun available, so one of the individuals in the art department let them use his personal LP53. The LP53 was to be altered later for poster exploitation. So I gather the LP53's barrel was shortened for this poster. I do have a set of stills showing the original gun somewhere though, so I'll have to find them to confirm, but I'm pretty certain it's the LP53.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent
    DG is correct.
    The LP-53 was used during the photo shoot.
    It was altered for the poster.
    Ed
    TheSpyBoys.com
    Thanks guys.

I thought it was an LP-53 but I got confused because the barrel was too short.

As you can guess from my avatar I'm rather partial to the LP-53...

If those stills turn up, I'd love to see them!
    Mister White (or anyone else)

Send me an email at thefudds@aol.com and I'll send you scans of the photos.
    They would appear too small if posted here.

Ed
    TheSpyBoys.com
    Thanks Ed,

I sent you an email.
    1Alcy0.jpg
    Pics sent.
    Ed
    TheSpyboys.com
    Thanks Ed.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    Thanks Ed,

those were fantastic!
    Well I found some of my stills, but not all. When you have so much Bond stuff it's somtimes hard to recall exactly where everything is. Anyway here is one of the stills that shows Connery holding the LP-53 while standing behind Martine Beswick (Zora). The picture is not the exact picture as the one in the upper right of the poster above (first post), but you can clearly see the LP-53 has been bobbed.

IMG_1175.jpg

I have also provided a hotlink to the image in the lower left of the above poster (first post) before it was re-touched. Aliza Gur (Vida) in the poster has turned into a Blonde. It shows just how re-touched the photo was. This image is courtesy of Ed Maggiani. I remeber looking at the poster recently and thinking I don't remember her in the movie. Well she was, she just did not have blond hair!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/DonaldGrantPhotos/BondLP53FRWL.jpg

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg