1

Topic: Craig Look-a-Like

I supose everyone else has noticed Craig's twin brother driving the truck in the pre-title credits. Through the tunnels at the very beginning when Bond gets the DBS stuck alongside the lorry. The guy is wearing sunglasses, but has the same looks as Craig and the same hair, and when he fights against the wheel even pulls the same sort of expression. I can't be alone in noticing this, and the first time I saw it I was even confused for a moment. Why the hell did they pick someone so similar?

2

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

Yeah, I noticed that the second time, not sure if Forster was making some kind of arty point. He has his Montenegro look doesn't he? It's like when the police radio in about a black car firing machine guns at a grey Aston Martin... er Bond's car here is black. You just sort of go with it.

Bond: Mr. Mathis, there's something that's been worrying me...
Mathis: Yes?
Bond: Well, you're a French police inspector, yet you speak with an Italian accent.
Mathis: Mamma mia, it worries me, too.

3

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

There is a famous quote from Fleming along the lines of Connery being a "Truck Driver ". I think this is more of the symbolism of the Director, With a Truck Driver who looks like the Current Bond.As well as the Opening Car chase emerging from a tunnel, A symbolic "Gunnbarrel" or Perhaps a "New Birth " of the character. Quantum is filled with symbolism. If only a little more time had been spent on the script. ajb007/lol

1, OHMSS.  2,CR.   3, LTK.  4, FRWL.  5, Skyfall.

4

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

Yep, that Aston is definately black. Not sure where the grey description came from.

5

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

thesecretagent wrote:

Yep, that Aston is definately black. Not sure where the grey description came from.

I think the actual colour of the DBS is "Quantum Silver", which is a dark "smoky grey" sort of colour. No question, the car definitely looks black during some parts of the chase, but I think it's a trick of the light, & the true colour is dark silver.

6

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

CR= light grey Aston Martin

QoS= dark grey Aston Martin

7

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

Thunderpussy wrote:

There is a famous quote from Fleming along the lines of Connery being a "Truck Driver ". I think this is more of the symbolism of the Director, With a Truck Driver who looks like the Current Bond.As well as the Opening Car chase emerging from a tunnel, A symbolic "Gunnbarrel" or Perhaps a "New Birth " of the character. Quantum is filled with symbolism. If only a little more time had been spent on the script. ajb007/lol


I believe the reason Fleming called Connery the truck driver was because that was the only film he'd seen SC in ... "Hell drivers" which is about contract drivers of gravel amongst racketeering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV9Vs9tO … ata_player

SC is sat on the window ledge in the scene  about 50 secs in....

8

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

DanielCraig007 wrote:

CR= light grey Aston Martin

QoS= dark grey Aston Martin

actually its

CR =  Casino Royale Silver, a bog standard silver, a little darker from the db5's silver birch

QoS = Quantum Silver, a flip paint, depending on how the light catches it, it can look anything between CR silver and AM's meteorite silver, which is a dark charcoal shade.

on the look-a-like front, i always thought the agent guarding mitchell's door as forensics do there thing looked more like craig. take a look where bond turns up in the range rover, and walks into mitchell's flat, he walks straight past his doooopleganger.

9

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

thesecretagent wrote:

I supose everyone else has noticed Craig's twin brother driving the truck in the pre-title credits. Through the tunnels at the very beginning when Bond gets the DBS stuck alongside the lorry. The guy is wearing sunglasses, but has the same looks as Craig and the same hair, and when he fights against the wheel even pulls the same sort of expression. I can't be alone in noticing this, and the first time I saw it I was even confused for a moment. Why the hell did they pick someone so similar?


'Art fo Arts sake' I guess. It's certainly too close to be an accident, just an Arty in joke I think.

10

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

Sorry, it's the code name theory.

The guy driving the truck is James Bond of Casino Royale. He got sacked for making a balls up of the job, where Quantum walk away with all the loot. So he ends up with a job as a truck driver. The final scene of CR was the new guy boasting that he's in fact James Bond, dressed in new clobber. That's why the truck driver in QoS looks so peeved during that scene, he recognises his successor.

Bond: Mr. Mathis, there's something that's been worrying me...
Mathis: Yes?
Bond: Well, you're a French police inspector, yet you speak with an Italian accent.
Mathis: Mamma mia, it worries me, too.

11

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

thesecretagent wrote:

I supose everyone else has noticed Craig's twin brother driving the truck in the pre-title credits. Through the tunnels at the very beginning when Bond gets the DBS stuck alongside the lorry. The guy is wearing sunglasses, but has the same looks as Craig and the same hair, and when he fights against the wheel even pulls the same sort of expression. I can't be alone in noticing this, and the first time I saw it I was even confused for a moment. Why the hell did they pick someone so similar?

Nope...but I think it requires some research. ajb007/lol

Oh damn, that means I'm going to have to watch it again..... *sigh* ajb007/wink ajb007/heart

“You get used to the rejection and you don't take it personally” ~ Daniel Craig
Coffee keeps me busy until it's acceptable to drink wine!

12

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

Check him out Lexi - he looks like Craig in the Madagascar scence in Casino Royale. Very oddly cast imo.

13

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

thesecretagent wrote:

Check him out Lexi - he looks like Craig in the Madagascar scence in Casino Royale. Very oddly cast imo.

does this help?..

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/pw86/craiganddriver.jpg

14

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

thesecretagent wrote:

Check him out Lexi - he looks like Craig in the Madagascar scence in Casino Royale. Very oddly cast imo.

On my 'to do' list today..... Gotta love sundays ajb007/biggrin

Thanks Paul for posting pics.... I will take a closer look when watching ajb007/martini

“You get used to the rejection and you don't take it personally” ~ Daniel Craig
Coffee keeps me busy until it's acceptable to drink wine!

15

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

thesecretagent wrote:

I supose everyone else has noticed Craig's twin brother driving the truck in the pre-title credits. Through the tunnels at the very beginning when Bond gets the DBS stuck alongside the lorry. The guy is wearing sunglasses, but has the same looks as Craig and the same hair, and when he fights against the wheel even pulls the same sort of expression. I can't be alone in noticing this, and the first time I saw it I was even confused for a moment. Why the hell did they pick someone so similar?

I watched this today...and I do see the resemblance, however, I think it's more coincidental than chosen. Although, having said that, perhaps someone else said the same thing on the day of filming, and put the truck driver in sunglasses to make it less so....

Now, I've watched this movie over a dozen times, and I have to say this is the first time (after your post) that I noticed.
It's amazing what other people pick up from this movie.... the subtleties are obvious to some, and yet obvious just goes over other's heads.... ajb007/lol (a bit of a theme for me at the moment ajb007/crap )

As for the colour. In the tunnel it seems grey, but in the light it seems black - and the police describe it as grey... but...I'm not convinced - it looked the same colour as the police car chasing it... and that was black ajb007/insane

“You get used to the rejection and you don't take it personally” ~ Daniel Craig
Coffee keeps me busy until it's acceptable to drink wine!

16

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

QoS is on terrestrial telly next weekend, UK dwellers!

Bond: Mr. Mathis, there's something that's been worrying me...
Mathis: Yes?
Bond: Well, you're a French police inspector, yet you speak with an Italian accent.
Mathis: Mamma mia, it worries me, too.

17

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

Lexi wrote:

As for the colour. In the tunnel it seems grey, but in the light it seems black - and the police describe it as grey... but...I'm not convinced - it looked the same colour as the police car chasing it... and that was black ajb007/insane

Understandable lexi.... It's a very unusual paint that Aston are quite proud of and costs a fortune....it changes colour in different lights....

This is a close up of the car

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/pw86/DSC01218-1.jpg

18

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

minigeff wrote:
DanielCraig007 wrote:

CR= light grey Aston Martin

QoS= dark grey Aston Martin

actually its

CR =  Casino Royale Silver, a bog standard silver, a little darker from the db5's silver birch

QoS = Quantum Silver, a flip paint, depending on how the light catches it, it can look anything between CR silver and AM's meteorite silver, which is a dark charcoal shade.

on the look-a-like front, i always thought the agent guarding mitchell's door as forensics do there thing looked more like craig. take a look where bond turns up in the range rover, and walks into mitchell's flat, he walks straight past his doooopleganger.

Geff, that was Steve Wright who makes a living as a Daniel Craig look-alike.

http://www.danielcraigtoplookalike.com/quantum.html


http://s3.postimage.org/1s7nb2nic/Screen_Grabs.jpg

19

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

ke02eww wrote:
Lexi wrote:

As for the colour. In the tunnel it seems grey, but in the light it seems black - and the police describe it as grey... but...I'm not convinced - it looked the same colour as the police car chasing it... and that was black ajb007/insane

Understandable lexi.... It's a very unusual paint that Aston are quite proud of and costs a fortune....it changes colour in different lights....

This is a close up of the car

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/pw86/DSC01218-1.jpg

Ah, thanks, - so I'm not being totally stupid.

“You get used to the rejection and you don't take it personally” ~ Daniel Craig
Coffee keeps me busy until it's acceptable to drink wine!

20

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

Does he have a stunt double actually?
Have no information about that. A double who does the dangerous scenes and has the same look with the same sunglasses ajb007/cool
I like his choice of sunglasses and on that page I found some good ones.

Last edited by Vladimir (24th Mar 2011 17:39)

21

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

Hi stunt double is Ben Cooke, Steve Wright was just in that scene as an agent guarding the corridor outside of Mitchell's flat.

22

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

007 and a half wrote:
minigeff wrote:
DanielCraig007 wrote:

CR= light grey Aston Martin

QoS= dark grey Aston Martin

actually its

CR =  Casino Royale Silver, a bog standard silver, a little darker from the db5's silver birch

QoS = Quantum Silver, a flip paint, depending on how the light catches it, it can look anything between CR silver and AM's meteorite silver, which is a dark charcoal shade.

on the look-a-like front, i always thought the agent guarding mitchell's door as forensics do there thing looked more like craig. take a look where bond turns up in the range rover, and walks into mitchell's flat, he walks straight past his doooopleganger.

Geff, that was Steve Wright who makes a living as a Daniel Craig look-alike.

http://www.danielcraigtoplookalike.com/quantum.html


http://s3.postimage.org/1s7nb2nic/Screen_Grabs.jpg

i feel so stupid, i don't know what to say (best said in dr kaufman voice)

23

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

I've always though Jason Bradbury from "The gadget show " looked alot like D Craig

1, OHMSS.  2,CR.   3, LTK.  4, FRWL.  5, Skyfall.

24

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

I think Kevin McKidd from "Rome" looks a bit like Craig:

http://lichnosti.net/photos/1530/12738284321.jpg

25

Re: Craig Look-a-Like

Check out this guy - he is the main Daniel Craig Lookalike. He's called Max Ryder.

www.danielcraiglookalike.net