Off Topic - Indiana Jones Memoribilia, Post Em If You Got Em

Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
edited March 2011 in Off Topic Chat
Semi Off Topic

When I first saw Raiders of The Lost Ark (ROTLA) I was hooked on the Indiana Jones charachter. A rogue, part scholar archaeologist, part grave robber, part ladies man, part tough guy. In short, a man after my own heart. Anyway when I later heard that Spielberg wanted to do a James Bond movie and that Lucas had a Bond type charachter named Indy that would quench Spielberg's thirst for Bond, the hook was set., I was in. When Spielberg and Lucas later made Connery Indy's father, the icing was on the cake. Anyway I have a nice collection of Indy stuff including props and all the one sheets except for Crystal Skull. This thread is intended for all to post their Indy stuff. I'll start off with my original ROTLA one sheet and program book. Enjoy.

016-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

020.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

DG

Edit: Oh yeah, according to the last movie KOTCS Indy was also a spy too!
So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
image_zps6a725e59.jpg
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.

Comments

• Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Nurhachi's Urn.

Lao Che was one of Shanghai's top crime bosses although his roots were as a petty thief and loan shark. It was his his intellect and ruthless streak that made him rise to the top.

"Early in his career Lao Che demanded cremation ashes as collateral for the loans he floated, thus keeping the souls of his clients' family members in limbo until the loans were paid in full. Since then, Lao Che has become a collector of rare and royal ashes, like those of Nurhachi, first emperor of the Manchu Dynasty. Lao Che hires Indiana Jones to locate these particular ashes in return for the Eye of the Peacock diamond. However, Lao Che's hunger for Nurhachi gets the better of him. He sends Kao Kan to subvert the deal he has struck with Indiana Jones, by stealing the ashes Indy has gone to great lengths to find. But Kao Kan fails in his mission, paying for the attempt with his left forefinger."

(Excerpted from Indiana Jones The Ultimate Guide , Pg. 34 )
    (DK Publishing 2008, NY, NY)

Aimee Reich's solid cast Nurhachi Urn from back in the day.
    2008.jpg

2005.jpg

Markpoon's more recent and exquisite Nurhachi Urn with removable top and hollow chamber for real ashes.
    2006.jpg

2007.jpg
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • jimmybondijimmybondi ShrublandsPosts: 328MI6 Agent
    Thanks for sharing this. I am a true Indy fan, too. But no serious interest in collecting so far...
    gez.
    Jimmybondi

007fyeoturboespritbronz.jpg
    jimmybondi wrote:
    Thanks for sharing this. I am a true Indy fan, too. But no serious interest in collecting so far...

My pleasure.

I'm a collector by nature, so Indy was a no brainer. I collect in so many different areas that it sometimes gets crazy. When I started dating my wife, she said my co-op looked like a museum primarily because of several historical busts I had scattered about the place. Yes I'm into that too.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Wish I still had memorabilia to share but definitely share the passion.

Fuzzy memories include the Raiders novel, giant sized Marvel TOD, and the ROTLA game for the atari 2600. Which was infuriating so I played Pitfall instead! :D
    Alex wrote:
    Wish I still had memorabilia to share but definitely share the passion.

Fuzzy memories include the Raiders novel, giant sized Marvel TOD, and the ROTLA game for the atari 2600. Which was infuriating so I played Pitfall instead! :D

I vaguely remember the Atari game, although I did not have it. I have a few of the continuation novels burried somewhere. I see you're an Omega Man fan too since Heston/Robert Neville is your Avatar. You've got great taste. That movie made quite an impression on me as a kid. Still one of my favorites and I re-watch it often.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    Thank you, Donald G. The Omega Man is one of my all-time favorite pictures. I have owned it on at least four forms of media up to recent Blu. The one-sheet hangs in my movie room. Love that score to death.
    Alex wrote:
    Thank you, Donald G. The Omega Man is one of my all-time favorite pictures. I have owned it on at least four forms of media up to recent Blu. The one-sheet hangs in my movie room. Love that score to death.

Wow, that's so cool. Small world. I don't have the one sheet yet, but I do have a set of lobby cards. I missed the original Film Score Monthly sound track (I procrastinated), but I picked up the re-issue with the different cover. I also have the soundtrack on my MP3 player. I like the U.S. one sheet, I just wished they had used some of the artwork from the Italian campaign. Been toying with having the Neville belt made too. The K-bar knife with sheath and 1911 holster is easy to source, but the belt itself and the flashlight and recorder holder would have to be custom made. Oh yeah, and don't forget the SW 76, the Smith and wesson version of the Swedish K. Would love to own one of those!

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    Great stuff DG. Now, those vintage mustangs are awesome but my favorite is still the 1970 Ford XL Convertible. (crazy 'bout the color) -{

i001649.jpg

I also must own Dutch's motorcyle jacket, complete with middle finger adornment :D
    Now that's a land yacht! Nothing like Detroit iron. I can hear "A Summer Place" being played on an 8 track tape in the background. Dutch's jacket would indeed be a cool prop to replicate.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
  • bushwoodcountryclubbushwoodcountryclub Posts: 62MI6 Agent
    I have some Indy stuff....all the trading card sets and I must admit I don't know why....but I have all the Lego minifigures from the Lego sets. 40 years old and I for some reason just love those little guys.

Probably cause my 8 year old daughter thinks they are cool and it was fun picking them up with her help.
  • james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    I do hope after they release Cowboys & Aliens starring Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford this summer, they will finally make an announcement that Indiana Jones 5 is going to be filmed. We all would like a 2012 release date on that one.
    I do hope after they release Cowboys & Aliens starring Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford this summer, they will finally make an announcement that Indiana Jones 5 is going to be filmed. We all would like a 2012 release date on that one.

I'm looking forward to seeing Harrison and Daniel together. Hope it's good. As for Indy 5, I cant wait, but no more aliens. I think they jumped the shark with the last one. I think Indy should be kept searching for biblical/mystical artifacts, not sci fi artifacts or more pointedly, little green men.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg