-

BondFan82BondFan82 GermanyPosts: 10MI6 Agent
-

Comments

• Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    You know my views on these autographs Stefan! :))

Anyway, let's see what the other fellow collectors reckon.

-{
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent
    This one look ok!

Chistopher Lee:

http://www.m-i-u.de/bild.php/2416,leeAM029.jpg
  • BondFan82BondFan82 GermanyPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    edited February 2013
    -
  • Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    What's the question? They're both genuine in my opinion.
    What's the question? They're both genuine in my opinion.

I think it's due to the language barrier (him being German) that his question may have been misconstrued.

I think he was asking for an opinion on the autographs, whether they were genuine or not! :) -{
    edited February 2013
    -
    Good stuff - hopefully we're all agreed now then?
    I'm gonna throw a spanner in the works Andy, I think the Andress & Lee look a little fake to me, well more the Lee signature really. :#
    We normally agree on the fakes Jamie, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree here.

My initial thoughts were that all 3 are genuine and having looked at the ones I have in my collection (obtained in person), I still believe they are.

No one has else has chipped in yet, but here's hoping they will.
  • BozzltovBozzltov Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    I'll agree with the Lee being odd... it seems too "sharp" or "jagged" when comparing it to my two, but that might be an earlier signature or something.
  • BozzltovBozzltov Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    Bozzltov wrote:
    I'll agree with the Lee being odd... it seems too "sharp" or "jagged" when comparing it to my two, but that might be an earlier signature or something.

Upon looking again, it doesn't look as bad to me as it did before... still looks off. :s
    The Lee could be stamped so that may be why it looks 'sharp'.

I'm still not convinced by them though.......still it's all down to personal opinion on these ones!

The Andress looks rushed to me, not really the sort of 'respectable' styled handwriting a lady of a certain age would have, this looks like a younger persons writing......in their favourite dodgy coloured sharpie pen!! :))
    edited February 2013
    -
    BondFan82 wrote:
    Would you recommend me to send them back for a refund?

Personally I would.

It's time us collectors stood up to these fakers, I'm getting fed up of them conning people into buying $hit from them. It's time they were stopped once and for all, and one way to do that is to stop buying from them.

Some of these con artists are that daft that they will sign a Harold Sakata photo in black sharpie or whatever & then whack it on Ebay with a really low starting price saying it was signed years ago etc etc.

Hope that helps!
  • 007_Autographcollector007_Autographcollector Posts: 221MI6 Agent
    Having looked at these, the Christopher Lee to me does look incorrect. There is something not quite right about it. In all honesty it looks like a very good fake but hey thats just my opinion.

I would also agree that the Ursula Andress's seemed to be always signed in blue marker from that dealer. It seems that those are a bit rushed and were either done in person or are not genuine.

But that is just strictly my opinion gentlemen :)

Hope this helps -{
    Having looked at these, the Christopher Lee to me does look incorrect. There is something not quite right about it. In all honesty it looks like a very good fake but hey thats just my opinion.

I would also agree that the Ursula Andress's seemed to be always signed in blue marker from that dealer. It seems that those are a bit rushed and were either done in person or are not genuine.

But that is just strictly my opinion gentlemen :)

Hope this helps -{

My thoughts exactly mate! :)

Bondfan82, do yourself a favour & send these back because they just aint right, you will thank us in the long term! -{
    edited February 2013
    -
    I have heard mixed reports on whether Ursula Andress will sign or not.

I wrote to her TTM around 4-5 years ago & got an RTS. But recentish reports have suggested that 'she' is signing, whether that be secreterial or not I'm not sure.

From the scan you have quoted, I'd say it looks 'passable' with caution, by that I mean it could swing either way with regards to it's authenticity. In my opinion I'd say it looks to be 80% genuine, like the photo you got signed too!

I met her & got a few pics signed at her rare appearence at Autographica back in 2005 so have some scans for comparison.
    Dont know if you noticed Jamie, but he got them from Alex - we know there may be the odd fake in his vast collection, but we're usually happy to recommend him to new collectors :#
  • PaulWestonPaulWeston Midlands, UKPosts: 119MI6 Agent
    I don't have enough knowledge to comment on whether it's fake or not, considering how different autographs can differ from even collecting in person (Tanya Roberts/Sylvana Henriques are 2 that come to mind) - it is too difficult to call.

What I will say is you will probably find it very difficult to get a refund from bondcollectibles. I know I did when I received some very large pixel & blocky photographs from him. He became abrupt and stated he didn't do refunds. I don't think he should provide poor customer service like this and I have avoided purchasing from him ever since.

bondcollectibles actually bought an autograph off me without properly knowing my background or having proof of my attendance to the show from ticket or photographs. (I had bought some photos off him and he accepted my offer to get him an autograph). Unsure whether he sold this on or kept it for himself.
  • 007_Autographcollector007_Autographcollector Posts: 221MI6 Agent
    Hi Paul,

I have to state that officially he has no choice other than to DO refunds as he states on his COA's. If your not happy with an item (s) and you prove them to be not genuine, he has no choice but to give you a refund as it is stated in his signed contract.

He was fine with me and I returned a number of autographs to him, I sent him back Pedro Armendariz, Richard Loo, Milton Reid, Peter Bayliss and a large number of others. As an example, I bought a signed photo of Charles Gray / Max Von Sydow / John Hollis multi signed, which in itself is nearly impossible to get signed by all 3 together. Further upon investigating, the paper the photo was printed on was Kodak Endura paper (like 95%) of the photos that are sold from them. I contacted Kodak international directly and asked when that paper was FIRST introduced, turns out it was never released until June 2002, a full 2 years after the passing of Charles Gray, therefore an impossibility. Obviously there was some excuse but I took no chances at all.

STRICTLY as my opinion but I find it hard to believe that all these rare autographs such as Lotte Lenya, Milton Reid & so on are sold continuously week in week out on ebay, to which the bondcollectibles account (apart from the name) states no connection with his website or vice versa.
    Once again I would like to state that this is STRICTLY my opinion and does not represent the opinion of AJB007.co.uk in any way, because I would not want them in any sort of trouble :)

My only advice is, eventhough the reputation is still good, stay well away! They say if its too good to be true with autographs, it usually is!! :)
    edited February 2013
    -
    BondFan82 wrote:
    The german law states that companies residing here in Germany have to give a 30 day money back guarantee when selling items online. I´ve bought these autographs about 1 1/2 weeks ago. So luckily returning them shouldn´t be a problem.

But shouldn't his rules etc be at his discretion?

Nowhere on his COA does it state anything about a 30 day money back guarantee, so as far as the consumer is concerned there is no time allowance to return items, meaning you could return them 1 week, 1 month or even 1 year after purchase.
    edited February 2013
    -
    Let us know how you get on.
    edited February 2013
    -
    edited February 2013
    -
    No problem.

The confirmation that you received, was that from Paypal or Bondcollectibles themselves?
    edited February 2013
    -