Tom Ford Harrington jacket

Snagged one of these original Tom Ford jackets thanks to a fellow member's watchful eye... pretty close to correct sizing.
bondtomfordclosed.jpg
bondtomfordbig.jpg
bondtomfordbackbig.jpg
bondtomford.jpg
bondtomfordback.jpg

Comments

• jz007jz007 Posts: 362MI6 Agent
    That looks GREAT!

Levis 505s? I'm looking to get some...

... and the shoes?
    jz007
    Bond on a Budget
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,326MI6 Agent
    I grabbed one of these a while back, and they feel great. Considering having the back venting altered though to be straight and flush, like the screen-used one. Nice...
  • RANDRAND Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    The jacket looks like it fits perfectly; in fact the whole outfit is spot on.
    Very impressed.
    Rand
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Yes, these were also available around the time of the movie...different material than the original, leather accents, and vented flap in the back...but it is a TF Harrington, and blue at that!
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    ^^ Yup. A little off in material and cut, but still a wonderful jacket.

Looks great, and there are still a few of these still available at TFNY if anyone is interested.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the props guys!
    Jeans are actually 501s in rigid wash... but i do have some 7s on the way.
    Shoes are the john white ryder knockoffs.
    polo is sunspel.

The material is a waxed cotton on this TF jacket, and a Y-3 is cotton spandex mix... so I think both materials give a sheen in photo and film that move toward the Navy color, but they are both black in person. The accents are a dark brown leather. Quite a few details that differ from the film jacket(which I hope to rectify with my own version) but the cut and basic pattern are close enough.
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    ^^ Yup. A little off in material and cut, but still a wonderful jacket.

Looks great, and there are still a few of these still available at TFNY if anyone is interested.
    What do they knock them out at? Cheers.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    It's very nice!

But just for the record, or new members that could think that this is the actual model, the back is wrong and the one in the movie (not available anymore) does not have any leather except the zip, ie. the collar doesn't have leather.

That being said, like everyone else said, it's very nice, it looks great on you and I hope you'll enjoy it!
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Danimal wrote:
    Thanks for the props guys!
    Jeans are actually 501s in rigid wash... but i do have some 7s on the way.
    Shoes are the john white ryder knockoffs.
    polo is sunspel.

The material is a waxed cotton on this TF jacket, and a Y-3 is cotton spandex mix... so I think both materials give a sheen in photo and film that move toward the Navy color, but they are both black in person. The accents are a dark brown leather. Quite a few details that differ from the film jacket(which I hope to rectify with my own version) but the cut and basic pattern are close enough.

Ypur version with the leather collar clearly is black. It's been apparent TF produced this colour and collar comibination for some time.

However, I think greater ajb minds than mine would agree that the correct, screen accurate TF jacket with the material collar, different back, cut and in a different material is still NAVY.

The Y3 jacket IS black.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Yeah, definitely the movie jacket is navy, a different material, and no leather accents, with a normal jacket yoke, not vented.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    edited May 2012
    Tom Ford has just released a new Harrington jacket this season that is a much closer match to the one seen in "Quantum of Solace." It's now in a dark navy blue and no longer has the leather collar. It still has the leather piping around the pockets, but that's a very minor variance. Here's a photo of the jacket -

TomFord1R-1.jpg
    What does the back look like?
    edited May 2012
    The back has the correct pattern and detail now, thank goodness!!

TomFord3R.jpg
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Looks much better. Where did you get the images from?
  • jz007jz007 Posts: 362MI6 Agent
    Bad-freakin-ass!!!
    jz007
    Bond on a Budget
    These are shots I took of my jacket, paired with a Sunspel polo and Seven jeans.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Cool. Whats retail on this jacket?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    toutbrun - Up until the very newest release from TF this was the only Quantum style Harrington I had seen available... and yes, I agree it is inaccurate in some detail to the film jacket, but the collar and body pattern is as close as anyone has gotten to the screen jacket so far.

David - I have seen no definite proof from the discussions that the movie jacket was indeed Navy... and from what I have seen, it looks black to me. :)
    cooke.jpg

Good to know TF finally released a more accurate version... nothing worse than an original maker not offering the original jacket.
    Danimal, there are those that have been in the presence of the screen used one...it is Navy, nearly midnight blue.
    Mantis - Not sure about you, but when I look up at a moonless midnight sky I see black. ;) Personally I don't think anyone should be caught dead wearing a black jacket with Brown shoes, so I really do hope the original was Navy...:007) it's just that after going through tons of screen grabs, promotional stills, and color matching, then seeing how many mistake my black TF for Navy in pictures, you can easily see how the jacket may have been black.
    And not to throw yet another wrench in the color debate, but after all the trauma, including distressing and sun exposure, then time before it came into the presence of later viewers...a cotton material jacket can easier fade from black to a Navy hue. I know this from personal experience, as do others.
    Even in the movie, the jacket's color changes from the black it appears to be as new to the more Navy-like distressed color it ends up being by the end of the carnage.
    There is a clear difference in color from the Navy polo underneath to the whatever color jacket on top.
    Seems like another Indy hat color situation to me.:D
    Danimal,

Further to Mantis' e-mail, there's also the costume card swatch of the jacket available which, as he says, is a midnight blue color. Albeit, midnight blue looks almost black in person, but it is indeed blue.

As a word to the wise, please do not trust the color of screen grabs or stills from the film. The post-production process allows for many ways to manipulate the colors of what you see on screen. You'd be surprised at what the actual colors of many costumes actually are in person versus what you see on screen. Screen grabs are really only good for patterns, labels, stitching, etc., but colors simply cannot be trusted.

TFjacket1.jpg
    I totally feel you...color is a crazy integer with movies...but happily we do have proof, color swatches, and bonifide proof...rest easy it is blue.
    DBS - Mantis knows me from quite a few other forums, and he knows I know all about how colors can go awry from reality to the screen (we've overlapped on X-Men stuff from years ago)... I just can't resist a good color debate. Once I get a swatch or evidence in hand I will be happy to yield to whatever that color may be. B-)
    Understood. In that case, I highly recommend getting your hands on one of the costume swatches - it should settle the issue for you. And you'll definitely see how dark Tom Ford's blue can get! :)
    Danimal wrote:
    toutbrun - Up until the very newest release from TF this was the only Quantum style Harrington I had seen available... and yes, I agree it is inaccurate in some detail to the film jacket, but the collar and body pattern is as close as anyone has gotten to the screen jacket so far.

That's why some items are rare and money can't buy everything in life ;)

Unless you have them modified to match the screen one...
  • LewsLews Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    Tom Ford has just released a new Harrington jacket this season that is a much closer match to the one seen in "Quantum of Solace." It's now in a dark navy blue and no longer has the leather collar. It still has the leather piping around the pockets, but that's a very minor variance. Here's a photo of the jacket -

Do you know the price on that one and model the model number? Would love to try to pick one up.

Lews wrote:
    DBS wrote:

Do you know the price on that one and model the model number? Would love to try to pick one up.

It's very expensive (more than 2000$ if I remember right) for a very generic jacket. I would rather spend my money on something more special and unique from Tom Ford, like the black Kazan coat. But that's personal taste.

EDIT: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/33866/tom-ford-harrington-cardigan/

For more information (so more likely 3000$)
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,326MI6 Agent
    I was in touch with Tom Ford New York to grab one and have it shipped across to Blighty. It's retailing at $2,500.

Here are some other photos of the detailing:

TFHarringtonFront.jpg

TFHarringtonZip.jpg

TFHarringtonPocket.jpg

The product code is 111BV138.

Ask for Dan or Alex. Crikey, sad to be one first name terms with TF staff...
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Is this jacket a little lighter in weight or a different material to the movie one?

Or is it just my failing eyesight?? B-)
    Blair, congrats on picking up one of these jackets! It's a beauty - I'm sure you'll love it!

As far as I can tell, the weight is the same. I only have my costume swatch to compare the jacket to, but it "feels" like the same type of material. It's definitely a lightweight jacket though, but since I live in Southern California, it's about as thick as I need here. To make it clear, the color IS lighter than the "QoS" jacket as that was definitely a dark midnight, and this jacket is a navy blue. But it's the closest match to the film jacket to date. Who knows if another version will come out next season, but by then, I think we'll all have moved on to the clothing from the next film. :))

To confirm what Blair has said, the jacket retails for $2,500. As for the product code, etc. here's a scan of the tag with all the info from my 48R -

TFHarringtontag2R.jpg