Best Dalton Quotes?

ZorinIndustriesZorinIndustries United StatesPosts: 837MI6 Agent
What are your favorite Timothy Dalton quotes?

"What the hell are you up to Kamran, selling DOPE?" - The Living Daylights
"Better luck next time... slugheads!"

1. GoldenEye 2. Goldfinger 3. Skyfall 4. OHMSS 5. TWINE

Comments

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Sanchez - "Problem solver?"
    Bond - "More of a problem eliminator." - License to Kill
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • bondroxbondrox Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    "Stuff my orders. I only kill professionals. That girl didn't know one end of that rifle from the other. Tell 'M' anything you like. If he fires me, I'll thank him for it." --The Living Daylights. I also thought it was cool when Dalton used the title of the film in a line afterwards. I miss Timothy Dalton. His tenure was far too short.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I love the bit,in the fairground,after the killing, turning to the camera to say,
    "Yes ,I got the Message " -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    "she'll call you back" So cool,and delivered with such panache that it set the bar for future entries.
  • bondroxbondrox Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    "she'll call you back"
    good call zaphod. I can't believe I forgot about this one. To me this was the best introduction to a new Bond actor in the entire series history.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    "Are you calling me a horse's arse?"
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    "Goodbye" {:)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    "Compliments of Sharkey!"

I always enjoy a good pay-off line.
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
  • ZorinIndustriesZorinIndustries United StatesPosts: 837MI6 Agent
    I love the bit,in the fairground,after the killing, turning to the camera to say,
    "Yes ,I got the Message " -{

Ahhh that was a brilliant scene. I can hear the orchestrated version of "Where Has Everybody Gone" playing through my head!

• Q and MQ and M IrelandPosts: 171MI6 Agent
    'you earn't it, you keep it.............old buddy'
  • Sir_Miles_MesservySir_Miles_Messervy MI6 CLASSIFIEDPosts: 113MI6 Agent
    "Salt corrosion."
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    "Salt corrosion."
    I never felt line sat comfortably with Dalton, and assumed it was legacy from the original script written for Roger.
  • Sir_Miles_MesservySir_Miles_Messervy MI6 CLASSIFIEDPosts: 113MI6 Agent
    I actually quite liked his delivery of the line -- as if it were a fact plain as day.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    "Watch the dickie bird you b*stard"
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    zaphod wrote:
    "Salt corrosion."
    I never felt line sat comfortably with Dalton, and assumed it was legacy from the original script written for Roger.

As far as I know, this is a myth.

Roger took his hat after AVTAK had been boxed and it was clear, that he'd not come back.
    It was however more or less clear, that Brosnan would get the role and that fell thru as Remington Stele came into another season.

John Glen is the one, who loved working with this kind of one-liners

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    From Q and M,
    'you earn't it, you keep it.............old buddy'
    I'd forgotten this one, Brilliant. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    "he got the boot" I like how this tails off as Bond realises kara is about to crash the plane

"it's bond, get an ambulance here quick"

"we're south of th border, it's a man's world"
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    'Kara, we're inside a Russian airbase in the middle of Afghanistan.'
    'We have an old saying too, Georgi. And you're full of it'
    'If I trusted Koskov we wouldn't be talking.' Great scene!
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    Oh that's an awful line, ics! Ushering in a 'new era' with a corny Roger Moore-style joke, and he fluffs the line too!
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    Oh that's an awful line, ics! Ushering in a 'new era' with a corny Roger Moore-style joke, and he fluffs the line too!
    So true – but I love the line….. also love the line “why didn’t you learn the violin”…. And later “glad I insistent…”…
  • ZorinIndustriesZorinIndustries United StatesPosts: 837MI6 Agent
    "Make a sound... and you're dead."

• Licence to DaltonLicence to Dalton Northern IrelandPosts: 7MI6 Agent
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her"- The Living Daylights :o:#

"Death to spies Minister"- The Living Daylights B-) ?:)

"My interest in her is purely professional" - To Miss Moneypenny in The Living Daylights ;)

"Only if the party's still on"-In response to Felix's two CIA babes in The Living Daylights ;):)

"Let's go shark hunting"- Licence to Kill

"Piss off....." -Licence to Kill, in response to the MI5 representative who comes to restrain him and take him back to London

"Take your hands off her, shes with me"- When Dario starts to feel up Pam Bouvier in Licence to Kill

"So why dont you ask me?"- To Pam Bouvier at the end of Licence to Kill ;%;):x

"This is a dangerous business youve picked Miss Bouvier"- Licence to Kill
    :v

"You didnt think I'd miss this performance did you?"- To Kara at the end of The Living Daylights

"It means beautiful in Afghan"- To Kara in the Living Daylights

"Dont you want to know why?"- Just before Sanchez is about to try and kill him in Licence to Kill
    The best Bond ever, Mr Timothy Dalton!!!
  • dr. evan-gelistdr. evan-gelist SheffieldPosts: 398MI6 Agent
    I expect you to do your job thoroughly and professionally......................
    Then you have my resignation sir!!
    "You're in the wrong business... leave it to the professionals!"
    James Bond- Licence To Kill
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Anymore, this thread seems to be made up of ALL Bond's lines from those two films!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,229MI6 Agent
    "It will take him about 10 seconds to reach us... Plenty of time for a sniper to make strawberry jam of HIM!" (Bond racks the bolt his WA 2000 rifle.) I always loved the delivery from Dalton on this scene, bonus points to Richard Maibaum and Michael G. Wilson on using a qoute from Fleming's orginal story.
  • Rainier WolfcastleRainier Wolfcastle Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    "You didn't think I'd miss this performance, did you?" - TLD
    "So why don't you ask me?" - LTK

These are his final lines from the two films which meant for those unlucky few of the audience who had not left the cinema by then, the worst part of the films was over. {[] No more of Dalton's wooden "Lion in Winter" Shakespeare stage over-acting. Only the end credits left. And then, hallelujah, a six year gap meaning no more Bond films for him. :007)
    "You didn't think I'd miss this performance, did you?" - TLD
    "So why don't you ask me?" - LTK

These are his final lines from the two films which meant for those unlucky few of the audience who had not left the cinema by then, the worst part of the films was over. {[] No more of Dalton's wooden "Lion in Winter" Shakespeare stage over-acting. Only the end credits left. And then, hallelujah, a six year gap meaning no more Bond films for him. :007)

:o it seems, that I have a new pal!

-{ Cheers, RW!

• Rainier WolfcastleRainier Wolfcastle Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    :o it seems, that I have a new pal!

-{ Cheers, RW!

Yeah, I've heard that you give 50 percent discount to your good pals ;) - And as I could use a Seiko G757 I thought I'd diss Dalton a little ...

No, honestly, I always found Dalton terrible - I wasn't even interested to watch while they were filming in Vienna. Did only know him from "Flash Gordon" back then. Though I have to say I didn't find him completely terrible in "Flash Gordon" or "Rocketeer", such comic-book adaptations better suiting his acting style which may be great if you are sitting in the last row of a theatre during a Shakespeare play or a film like "The Lion in Winter". But as Bond a complete failure.
    How Thunderpussy, otherwise a man of impeccable taste regarding Bond actors, could choose TD as his favourite? :# But I have to say: I found TD to be a horrible Bond but not a second did I think that the guy on the screen just is not Bond.
    the 50% is only for people, who are buying and using Pete's used buttplugs :v