Is DC the New RM

ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
edited September 2011 in The James Bond Films
Moore began with a likable enough movie LALD, after the over the top DAF. Bringing a slightly harder edge to Bond
Craig had CR after the once again over the top DAD, and he too brought a Gritter portrail to the role.
Moore's next outing TMWTGG, was a much weaker Film, the same (IMHO) with Craig's 2nd QOS. ( Not as good as CR ).
Moore's third TSWLM, was a huge hit, and they finally got to do a film with Moore's take on Bond ( I know many dislike him as Bond, but this in my Opinion was one of his finest Moments )
So hopefully If history repeats itself Bond 23 Might just suprise many of us, Like Connerys Goldfinger and TSWLM, Craig's Third outing might be something special after all.
We have the return of Moneypenny, On all accounts from the statements from Craig and others, That this one will have a Lighter touch and keeping many of the elements of the more traditional Bonds of before, Only introducing them gradually Perhaps with this and the next Film.
Here's hoping 2012 will be another fantastic year for Bond and we'll have another Film to make it's way up out favourites lists. -{
But please once again, Eon invest in a steadycam rig :))

TP_001.jpg
"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Comments

• DangerMouseDangerMouse Benfleet, EssexPosts: 235MI6 Agent
    I was just thinking about this sort of scenario the other day. If that's the case, let's pray Bond 24 doesn't become Craig's Moonraker or DAD and instead becomes his Thunderball.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Well, I am sure, that Marc Foster was aware of this statistics and decided said right from the beginning:

Let's make a Bond movie in the tradition of the RM movies, so QoS must suck 8-)

TP, I know that we are all waiting for the new movie, but I was expecting a bit more from you. Your TD buddies are not doing you any good :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Sorry, TP, I just don't buy your argument. LALD followed the pattern started by DAF--slapstick comedy, one-liners, American locales (with more American rednecks--yee-haw!). Moore's performance in the film is mostly light, and it's in TMWTGG that he tries to be a bit nasty. TSWLM was a make-or-break film for Broccoli, and I don't think the producers feel that Bond 23 has to be a similar epic.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Sorry, TP, I just don't buy your argument. LALD followed the pattern started by DAF--slapstick comedy, one-liners, American locales (with more American rednecks--yee-haw!). Moore's performance in the film is mostly light, and it's in TMWTGG that he tries to be a bit nasty. TSWLM was a make-or-break film for Broccoli, and I don't think the producers feel that Bond 23 has to be a similar epic.

Agreed. Moreover, I think Craig's Bond will remain more or less in the realistic realm. However, that does not negate the possibility of cool gadgets. Remember FRWL, a fairly sraight spy thriller, had that cool bit of kit known as the attache case. Would like to see something similar for Craig.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Hardyboy wrote:

Agreed. Moreover, I think Craig's Bond will remain more or less in the realistic realm. However, that does not negate the possibility of cool gadgets. Remember FRWL, a fairly sraight spy thriller, had that cool bit of kit known as the attache case. Would like to see something similar for Craig.

DG

I'm with both of you there...and I'm happy to see the gadgets return...as long as they are more like the attache case and less like invisible cars ! For me the gadgets have to be plausible and not something thats just a little too silly or far too advanced technologically...
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sorry guys, Once again I've made my point Badly, I'm merely pointing out Both actors first Movie was Huge, I couldn't believe how Big LALD was. While there second outing wasn't as successful. So here's hoping ( even Me :)) ) that they get the mix right for the next one, as with Connery and Moore. Third times a charm. -{
    Bondtoys what Craig needs to do is spend more time in Tights, Like proper actors like Mr Dalton. :)) :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,277MI6 Agent
    I see what TP is saying, makes sense esp as Craig was nastier in his second movie much like Moore in GG. But it is a bit of a tenuous conspiracy theory type connection all the same. Still, a large break in between films 2 + 3 is another similarity.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    No Conspiracy theory,just a coincidence :))
    and I'd forgotten about the longer break between Films.
    Hopefully if history repeats itself, Bond 23 will be a huge success. :D
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Moore began with a likable enough movie LALD, after the over the top DAF. Bringing a slightly harder edge to Bond
    Craig had CR after the once again over the top DAD, and he too brought a Gritter portrail to the role.
    Moore's next outing TMWTGG, was a much weaker Film, the same (IMHO) with Craig's 2nd QOS. ( Not as good as CR ).
    Moore's third TSWLM, was a huge hit, and they finally got to do a film with Moore's take on Bond ( I know many dislike him as Bond, but this in my Opinion was one of his finest Moments )
    So hopefully If history repeats itself Bond 23 Might just suprise many of us, Like Connerys Goldfinger and TSWLM, Craig's Third outing might be something special after all.
    We have the return of Moneypenny, On all accounts from the statements from Craig and others, That this one will have a Lighter touch and keeping many of the elements of the more traditional Bonds of before, Only introducing them gradually Perhaps with this and the next Film.
    Here's hoping 2012 will be another fantastic year for Bond and we'll have another Film to make it's way up out favourites lists. -{
    But please once again, Eon invest in a steadycam rig :))

TP_001.jpg

Like this TP- I saw the similarities too....and even liked the steadycam joke!

Did the editing win awards on gf and tswlm? Well there we have it.. B23 will be perfect!