Wanted: Church Ryder III or John White Westbury Chukka Boots

I am trying to get hold of a pair of John White Westbury Chukkas in dark brown (as per QoS), but they have sold out everywhere in my size (UK 8).

As a last resort I will look at a pair of the Church Ryder III but the price is a bit off putting.

Can anyone help?

As always, thanks in advance.
Alan

Comments

• WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    Why not try the Clarks desert boots in dark brown? Can't fault the quality, British brand, original design, part of the Bond legacy and although not an alternative to the Church Ryders, would look great.

A snip at £69 (eBay)

Regards,
    Wilde -{
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the suggestion Wilde but I already have a pair of desert boots and want a pair of Chukkas as well.
  • nms75nms75 United KingdomPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    I'd go for the John Whites myself. The quality of their shoes and boots is excellent and while the Church's are also excellent I believe the John White's offer better value for money.

NMS
    A sense of humour is no laughing matter!
    Yeah I agree NMS but the only trouble is they are sold out everywhere in my size in dark brown :(
  • DrBondDrBond USAPosts: 110MI6 Agent
    Trying to order a pair of John Spencer Chukka boots from website, but they want 80 euros for shipping to US. That seems a little high. Could someone please see how much shipping should be for a 1.5 lb shoebox?
    "My name is Pussy Galore."

"I must be dreaming."
    Never mind; I think I'll just get another pair of John Whites. Arthur Knight only charges 15 euros for shipping.

"I must be dreaming."
    It all depends on which company they're using. I got charged something like 40 euros to post a mobile phone (boxed) to a friend in Europe. They will probably also want it to be trackable so that will bump up the price. Have you had a look on amazon?
    I have John White's, Clark's, Bass, Banana Republic, and even Calvin Klein's Chukka boots. The John Whites are, by far, the highest quality and the most expensive. As far as budget alternatives, I'd have to with the Clarks even though the sole is not right.

"I must be dreaming."
  • DkayneDkayne Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I have a pair of church's Ryder 3 in same colour as bond wears there UK size 9 in mint condition email Danielkayne@hotmail.com if interested
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,525Chief of Staff
    I'd include some pictures of these plus a rough-guide price you have in mind...otherwise you may find people aren't interested...,
    YNWA 97
  • SkylndSkylnd CanadaPosts: 28MI6 Agent
    I am trying to get hold of a pair of John White Westbury Chukkas in dark brown (as per QoS), but they have sold out everywhere in my size (UK 8).

As a last resort I will look at a pair of the Church Ryder III but the price is a bit off putting.

Can anyone help?

Alan

You might happen to be in luck, I have a pair in size 8 Church Ryder 3's for sale. PM me and we can work out some details.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Skylnd wrote:

Can anyone help?

Alan

You might happen to be in luck, I have a pair in size 8 Church Ryder 3's for sale. PM me and we can work out some details.

This is from 2011 :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007