Re: Sunspel - disappointed!! Whats happened?

As I understand it, the color has been different for about four years (probably longer) now.  When asked about it, Sunspel reps said that they deliberately changed the navy blue to a lighter shade because the CR screen accurate color was "too close to black."  Having two of the screen accurate navy polos (albeit too big for me now), and a black, they are pretty darn close.  So I imagine that the color is an issue that we will all just have to deal with, as James Bond aficionados are likely not their biggest customers.

As for quality, I should hope that they would be able to fix this, but I imagine that as long as people keep buying the Riviera polos, they will continue their current production practices.

BuckMcNaked wrote:

As I understand it, the color has been different for about four years (probably longer) now.

Well I've only had mine for 2 years an look at the difference compared to a new one!!! 

I think I read the shade had changed etc in the past however I think this new colour is a total diff story, it is really nothing like it at all anymore

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/528150_4296160208300_466352170_n.jpg

Well, although a bit hard to tell from pictures, mine looks exactly like the screen-accurate one on the left on your picture. It looks like the same material and it is not grey in shade at all. As said, I bought it a couple of months ago.
Am a bit confused now.

Mine doensn't have the same label.

If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?

Jacob Mortensen wrote:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/528150_4296160208300_466352170_n.jpg

Well, although a bit hard to tell from pictures, mine looks exactly like the screen-accurate one on the left on your picture. It looks like the same material and it is not grey in shade at all. As said, I bought it a couple of months ago.
Am a bit confused now.

That def looks different!!  Maybe my email did work lol

Now I am confused  ajb007/lol

Did you buy it direct from them online?

toutbrun wrote:

Mine doensn't have the same label.

Yes that does look like a new label!

Jacob - what does it say on the label below Sunspel

Yes, but it directly from them.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/311562_4296549338028_1486456193_n.jpg

Well I also bought direct.

I think this sums up Suspel - very inconsistent!!!  Im over in the UK October, think I will pay a visit to their store and select my own Riviera, ordering online I seem to get incorrect sizes and poor quality!!!

Yours def looks more correct then the one I received!!

I just bought one three weeks ago and the color is fine. I don't have a picture but it looks exactly the same as the one JacobMortenson posted. I also ordered online in a size L.

BTW, to MRZareba, I suggest going in an L. I have a 44" chest as well and my arms aren't the biggest. I'm about 6"3, 195 lb and the L fits me great. In fact, if I even bulked up a bit it would fit even better!

Thinking of this, I remember going into their flaghship store near Liverpool Street and they got very snippy when I took a photo of one, there's a 'no photo' policy. Why? I mean, if you wanted to imitate them, it wouldn't be hard exactly.

Bond: Mr. Mathis, there's something that's been worrying me...
Mathis: Yes?
Bond: Well, you're a French police inspector, yet you speak with an Italian accent.
Mathis: Mamma mia, it worries me, too.

The pique polo does not have a pocket. I have an idea. If someone lives in London, maybe one could go to the Sunspel store and make some pictures or at least check out the riveras carefully. I really want that shirt, but I don't want to but a greyish version!

http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/5419/895/54190895.png

Maybe more people should direct them to this thread - we might have some answers!!!  Maybe they have upped quality control since my horrible Riviera purchase

C'mon the more emails to them the better chance of a response

customerservice@sunspel.com

I could write an email, but since I don't own even one t-shirt from them, my concerns would be useless I guess ;/

MrZareba wrote:

I could write an email, but since I don't own even one t-shirt from them, my concerns would be useless I guess ;/

Well why don't you write them an email saying you wish to purchase one but have concerns about the colour and quality due to SOME 007 fans having bad experiences of late and maybe direct them to this thread??

Sounds good. All right, give me a few hours, currently as always - Photoshop ajb007/biggrin

welshboy78 wrote:

Well I also bought direct.

I think this sums up Suspel - very inconsistent!!!  Im over in the UK October, think I will pay a visit to their store and select my own Riviera, ordering online I seem to get incorrect sizes and poor quality!!!

Yours def looks more correct then the one I received!!

Bizarrely my Navy polo was fine, but my black version of the same item fitted completely differently and shrank like billy-o after it's first wash ... using exactly the same process as I had done with the CR shirt  ajb007/crap

I've sent them a message. So I've kicked the door, now will see what happens... But I hope that I'm not the only one that wrote them an email today ;/

OH! mine HAS a pocket!!

If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?

A reply from Sunspel:

"Good afternoon

Thank you for your email and interest in our products.

We were sorry to hear that some of the feedback you have read has on occasion been negative.  The Riviera polo shirt currently online is the same style, fabric and colour of the one that was featured.  About 2 years ago the colour was altered slightly but this was short term and we reverted to the original colour relatively quickly.  All the stock of this colour has now sold through and is no longer available.

With regard to the quality, we can confirm that the garment is still made to the same high standard as always. Of course, with any product that is popular and therefore sold in quantity, we have received a very small quantity returned with shrinkage issues.   However, within the quantity returned we found that some had not been treated correctly during the wash process.

We hope this information has answered some of your concerns and why you may have seen some of these type of comments.

Regards"

Zareba

Much appreciate your effort mate!!

Glad they responded though must admit I'm still a little skeptical - my issue wasn't just shrinkage and color but also construction!!

I think I will buy my next Sunspel at their store so I can hand pick some decent ones!!

Again thanks for taking the time to send them an email!

welshboy78 wrote:

Zareba

Much appreciate your effort mate!!

Glad they responded though must admit I'm still a little skeptical - my issue wasn't just shrinkage and color but also construction!!

I think I will buy my next Sunspel at their store so I can hand pick some decent ones!!

Again thanks for taking the time to send them an email!

No problem! The name's George by the way ajb007/biggrin

I had write this email to them feedback@sunspel.com

I text my friend 1st let them knowing this.

And I found this topic through google.

This is my experience & email to Sunspel

I bought 6 sunspel tshirt 2 of them are "sunspel superfine" as I had a few of them as I bought 4 years ago. Some of them got hole in it. But still good as it is.

The reason I keep buying sunspel superfine after 4 years is because The quality!

When i open the box I was rub the fabric with my finger as I can tell the fabric are bit dry. I didn't realise much as when I rub the another one. I can tell the fabric is totally different hand feel ! The one is thicker to others or one has been brushed but they are all superfine. They all different compare the one I had. I checked the label afterward, What I've got is just pieces of %100cotton from turkey.  

What a disappointment.
British Sunspel made in turkey.

I would let you know that you have lost a loyal customer and I will turn my business to zimerli not back again.

It's a bit of a coincidence though, you having a name BadSunspel - and then this happens....

Bond: Mr. Mathis, there's something that's been worrying me...
Mathis: Yes?
Bond: Well, you're a French police inspector, yet you speak with an Italian accent.
Mathis: Mamma mia, it worries me, too.

My bet: someone from Tom Ford sent this guy here to write this piece of shazam, so we can start searching for the QoS polos and forget about the riveras...

No, that's not even funny actually.

Hi.

I've been following this thread for a while, as I was after a few of these polos.

Just thought you may like to know that I found a place that sells them online for less than Sunspel. I just received mine today, and they're the real deal - just like the one in Jacob Mortensen's picture up there. Not only that, but they got it to me the day after, and I received the despatch email an incredible 20 minutes after ordering!

Good stuff, and I'll be telling them as much. Drop me a line and I'll send you the link.

Cheers,

B.