Steven Spielberg - GODS AND KINGS

james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
Would you like Steven Spielberg to direct the motion picture GODS AND KINGS, story of Moses? They hope to release it in 2014.

Comments

• james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    Update 2013:Steven Spielberg is off the project.
    Would you like Steven Spielberg to direct the motion picture GODS AND KINGS, story of Moses? They hope to release it in 2014.
    This movie is now called "Exodus: Gods and Kings", to be released December 12, 2014. Christian Bale as "Moses". With Aaron Paul, Sigourney Weaver, Ben Kingsley, John Turturro.

You may close this thread if you like.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I personally think that Spielberg has ran out of Steam and seems to be making any old Rubbish nowadays.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    +1, Spielberg is not making good movies and hasn't in a long while.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    I think Lincoln was a very good movie :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    To be honest, I agree it was good but then again no better than any other
    Film biography. In fact at times it felt like a TV movie.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    I agree. It was much lauded but it put me in mind of the old Comic Strip Presents episode, The Strike, with Meryl Streep cast as Maggie Thatcher, here you had Sally Field as Mrs Lincoln.

Beside which I was frankly bored by the whole thing. The Strike is infinitely more Oscar worthy!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    I agree on Spielberg, unfortunately. Only because of War Horse and Lincoln, really. They just ooze TV movie sentimental gushing. I thought Daniel Day-Lewis was fantastic as Lincoln, but otherwise found the film really uneventful.

I guess of his modern films, I thought The Adventures of Tin Tin was visually stunning and fun, and I liked War of the Worlds. But starting around 2004 with The Terminal is when he became a hit-or-miss director to me, and I guess Indiana Jones 4 lost favor in retrospect (despite critical and commercial success at the release period, perhaps pointing to the bandwagon effect that the public often takes on for some media entities, such as the Star Wars prequels that also involved George Lucas and had relative summer blockbuster success for their time).
    I agree with you. I didn't like Lincoln (2012) either. I think Spielberg should make a Jaws 5.
    +1, Spielberg is not making good movies and hasn't in a long while.