Films you like more than Bond

walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
are there any films that you like more then the Bond films? if so, name them, i LOVE Jaws, and i think its better then all the Bond films, i also equally love Blade Runner, Apocalypse Now, Alien, and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Comments

• Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Well, films we like more and films we think are actually better films are different things. Which are you asking?
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    The Italian Job 1969, for sixties style and entertainment nothing can top it IMO.

Better than bond though? Well even west side bloody story is better than MR :o
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

How about Mamma Mia with Brosnan? :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    There are many films which I would consider better than the Bond films. Films that I like more is a much tougher thing to consider. I suppose a lot depends on my mood at the time, but other contenders would be films like the Sergio Leone spaghetti westerns, the first two Star Wars films, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Indiana Jones trilogy, Lawrence of Arabia, The Third Man, Pulp Fiction, North By Northwest and I could go on and on...
    Bondtoys wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

How about Mamma Mia with Brosnan? :v

i bet you've got the karaoke version :p and it would still be better than MR.

in fact i'd rather stick hot pins in my eyeballs, slit my twitter with a stanley and then wipe my arse with an alcohol wipe than watch bloody MR again.

even Mary Poppins in hungarian would be more entertaining.

(Sorry sir rog, i think ya a fantastic bloke and all that but the whole space thing really took the piss)
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    In terms of enjoyment (not best) there are very few other films that I get more pleasure from watching than my favourite Bond's such as TSWLM, FRWL, GF or LALD. Cape Fear (1960's version) and The Searchers are two that come to mind. Numerous other films such as Casablanca, Forbidden Planet, The Birds, Lawrence Of Arabia, The Good The Bad And The Ugly, Jaws, The Matrix and Memento give me an equal amount of pleasure.

In terms of my least favourite Bond films the list would be rather long.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,278MI6 Agent
    I take it you mean, which films do we think are better than even our fave Bond films? Otherwise, well, I doubt I'm alone in thinking that Lethal Weapon 2 or Die Hard is better than LTK, or that Face/Off is better than TND.

I think The Untouchables is right up there with the likes of GF, and I personally love The 39 Steps. However, for repeat value, it's very hard to better Bond.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Mrs.BryceMrs.Bryce Posts: 139MI6 Agent
    Maybe the title of this thread should be; things you'd prefer to do to yourself than watch MR.
    Geez guys! :))

I'd much rather watch Moonraker then do any of those things! It's really not that bad! :)

And I have no clue, I enjoy Star Wars, Indiana Jones, anything funny and a bit inappropriate; and I can't help but love old tv shows. I probably don't enjoy all these more than Bond but I enjoy them? :))
    minigeff wrote:

in fact i'd rather stick hot pins in my eyeballs, slit my twitter with a stanley and then wipe my arse with an alcohol wipe than watch bloody MR again.

(Sorry sir rog, i think ya a fantastic bloke and all that but the whole space thing really took the piss)

Hey singe,

I am sure, making that MR camera for me will cure your pain ;) and turn you into a Moonraker fan. :D

Bondtoys wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Hey singe,

I am sure, making that MR camera for me will cure your pain ;) and turn you into a Moonraker fan. :D

it's nice to dream isn't it?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Yeah and I am more than happy to support you -{

Bondtoys wrote:
    Yeah and I am more than happy to support you -{

nice one, can you buy me a digital readout for me milling machine so i can really get on with stuff? every time i save up for it something comes along like damn christmas presents etc etc
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    ok, deal.

You get a DVD or a BluRay and I get the cam? :v