Skyfall Trailer - Next Month according to Digital Spy

scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
From Digital Spy:

The first official trailer for the upcoming James Bond movie Skyfall will premiere next month, it has been reported.

Sony received the teaser for the 23rd Bond film earlier in the week, according to the Daily Mail.

Skyfall, directed by Sam Mendes, will be previewed during screenings of Men In Black III, which is released on May 25.

Greek actress Tonia Sotiropoulou was recently cast to star opposite Daniel Craig.

Dame Judi Dench, Javier Bardem, Bérénice Marlohe, Naomie Harris and Ben Whishaw also star in Skyfall, which arrives in cinemas on October 26 in the UK and November 9 in the US.

Craig has insisted that he will never quit the James Bond films, but will only stop when the producers ask him to.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a375314/skyfall-trailer-to-debut-next-month.html

Definately can't wait to see this, i think Bond's next outing will definately be worth the wait and a return to form what with the big 50 anniversary and the mess that Quantum turned out to be! :))
http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.

Comments

• jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    It might be The Daily Wail reporting it, but it's very credible. MIB III is a Sony film and the date tallies with the release dates of the previous teaser trailers. There might be some footage from the Shanghai second unit shoot but mostly it will feature interiors and the London location shooting.
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Holy crap does that mean that I'll have to go and see MIB 3 just to see it ? Hope not.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    zaphod wrote:
    Holy crap does that mean that I'll have to go and see MIB 3 just to see it ? Hope not.

I'm sure not - these days once the trailer is being shown it will be up on the net for viewing straight away.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    zaphod wrote:

I'm sure not - these days once the trailer is being shown it will be up on the net for viewing straight away.

Like someone said a day before release of the preview for The Dark Knight Rises that was showing exclusively with Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - "One day until the preview releases, one day and one hour until I watch it online."

It will surely be released quickly online officially or illegally.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I'd guess if the trailer is in theaters on a Friday, it would be released on-line the following Monday or Tuesday.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    zaphod wrote:

History will hopefully repeat itself. The teaser trailer for Quantum of Solace was attached to Hancock which was released on 2 July 2008. The QoS teaser was released via AOL and MSN on the internet two days prior on 30 June 2008. Check out the link below.

As for the Skyfall trailer. I would anticipate scenes set in London, Scotland and Shanghai to be featured. There is a slim chance that early footage from Turkey may also be included.

Quantum of Solace Teaser
    http://www.universalexports.net/Movies/quantumofsolace-teaser.shtml
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Now then...I am torn here! What do fellow fans think???
    With QoS I went all out to see the trailers online and even had one on my phone.
    HOWEVER, my good friend Nap was the opposite, waited patiently for the movie and didn't want any spoilers (right Nap??)
    So, what's an agent to do...trailer or no trailer, that is the question?????

Knowing me, I won't be able to wait but would be interested to hear other fans views.

:)) :)) :)) :))
    Now then...I am torn here! What do fellow fans think???
    With QoS I went all out to see the trailers online and even had one on my phone.
    HOWEVER, my good friend Nap was the opposite, waited patiently for the movie and didn't want any spoilers (right Nap??)
    So, what's an agent to do...trailer or no trailer, that is the question?????

Knowing me, I won't be able to wait but would be interested to hear other fans views.

:)) :)) :)) :))

Obviously, you make your own choice. Up to this point I have chosen not to avoid any spoilers. But there is a limit as I do not wan't to know everything. I will watch the trailer next month in the knowledge that there is a possibility it may reveal more than I would like.

I have always found it useful to have some background knowledge of a film before seeing it. This does not spoil my enjoyment at all. The trick is not to discover too much.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    Best to find out from others if there are any spoilers or whether it's a mood piece.

I like being primed for a film, with some idea what to expect, just to whet the appetite.

I did know about some of QoS from the photos, not sure exactly what plot there was to spoil though as it turned out. :#
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Sam Mendes was speaking today at a press event for the film in Mexico. He said that he was one of those at the time who did not think Daniel Craig was good casting for Bond. The teaser trailer was shown for the first time and details are revealed in the article.

SPOILER ALERT!
    http://noticias.bol.uol.com.br/entretenimento/2012/04/18/diretor-do-novo-quot007quot-nao-acha-daniel-craig-certo-para-o-papel.jhtm
    Does the teaser itself has spoilers though? Is it in that clip or just referred to?

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Does the teaser itself has spoilers though? Is it in that clip or just referred to?

The article does not go into great detail regarding the trailer, which suggests to me that it may not have been the fully complete version. Perhaps, a rough cut was shown? What is described though is worthy of a SPOILER ALERT! for those who wish to avoid them completely.

My advice is if you want to stay spoiler free do not watch any of the trailers before seeing the film.
    Fair enough. The one on youtube labelled official is the usual fan mash-up of Layer Cake and other stuff.

Roger Moore 1927-2017