Magazines featuring 007

LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
edited October 2012 in Skyfall - Bond 23 (2012)
She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony

Comments

• Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    A nice retro pose harking back to the Sean Connery era. Is it just me? But the proportions do not seem to be quite right. Daniel Craig looks rather thin and the suit rather small?

Here is the retail cover.
    60174.jpg
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    From Moore Than;
    Craig looks rather thin and the suit rather small?

well he is Only 5Ft 9, of course it's going to be small. :))

I agree his head looks a little too big for his Body in the B/W image. I'd guess
    this has been "Photoshopped" a tad too much, or it's two photos Blended together.

http://youtu.be/S_vVUIYOmJM
    Here's how the Pros do it. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    F---- me, he looks dreadful. Some things never change.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Here are three photo's (not the best quality) from inside Empire Magazine. The one overlooking London is pretty classy.

Skyfall-120424-03-700x482.jpg

Skyfall-120424-04.jpg

Skyfall-120424-05-626x600.jpg
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    Could you say how many pages this Skyfall article covers, Moore Than ? There's plenty of magazines on the way, so it's impossible (well, too expensive :D ) to buy them all...
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    F---- me, he looks dreadful. Some things never change.

plz explain how he looks 'dreadful'? he looks menacing, masculine, and stylish, no?

i dont think bond is suppose to look 'pretty' if that is what you mean?
    First one is better, in black and white, but he has a touch of the Charles Hawtrey about him, bit of a pinhead.

Second, pasty face, sunken eyes, thin lipped, lumpen nose, nervous expression, almost like James Cornwall in one of his shifty roles. He looks nothing like he does in the larger pic we see in the mag, where he looks like he's clearing out the potting shed.

Skyfall? Bleeding Awful, if you ask me.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Could you say how many pages this Skyfall article covers, Moore Than ? There's plenty of magazines on the way, so it's impossible (well, too expensive :D ) to buy them all...

My source for the photo's was from the internet, not the magazine, so I cannot tell you how many pages the Skyfall article covers. If you click on the link below you will see brief descriptions relating to their Skyfall article plus other Bond articles on Goldeneye, Timothy Dalton, Live And Let Die, On Her Majesty's Secret Service and Dr No. This should help you decide whether to buy or not.

Empire Magazine Preview
    http://www.empireonline.com/magazine/
    Cheers, Moore Than ! It's certainly looking good, likely to be added to the archive :D
    Can't be that hard to choose, not like there are any other mags doing Skyfall currently.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    What the WHAT?! They actually used that out of proportion photo for a cover!?

At least it is a nice cover. Just too bizarrely Photoshopped.

CS6 Comes out soon!
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Mr Beech wrote:
    What the WHAT?! They actually used that out of proportion photo for a cover!?

At least it is a nice cover. Just too bizarrely Photoshopped.

CS6 Comes out soon!

Agreed. I thought it was fan made at first. The actual cover I like, just think he looks a touch pale.
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    A nice retro pose harking back to the Sean Connery era. Is it just me? But the proportions do not seem to be quite right. Daniel Craig looks rather thin and the suit rather small?

60174.jpg

We have discussed the close fitting suits before. Not my favourite style, but very Tom Ford, and very a la mode.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,229MI6 Agent
    Any one know of any US bookstores that carry this magazine? I would like to add a copy to my collection if possible.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:
    Any one know of any US bookstores that carry this magazine? I would like to add a copy to my collection if possible.

It's been awhile since I've been in a bookstore. Do you have a Barnes & Noble near you? Last time I was in there they had a big magazine selection.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,229MI6 Agent
    Actually I do and my memory serves they carry Empire Magazine. I will definatly have to pick a copy the first chance I get.
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    What does this phrase from the Dail Mail article mean...?

The man who is taking charge of 007 for the final time has graced a very special edition of the new Empire magazine.

"Final time". Yet again that awful rag is just making things up!

:v
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

Bought my copy this morning .... there are about 30 pages dedicated to Bond, most of the magazine .... mixture of Skyfall, Craig, Mendes, GoldenEye, Roger Moore, George, Sean and an interview with Timothy Dalton.

Its been awhile since I bought 'Empire' but it was worth it :)
    Thanks Lady Rose ! Definitely sounds worth the purchase !
  • Smiert-SpionamSmiert-Spionam Posts: 318MI6 Agent
    Yeah I brought it today and it's definately worth the purchase IMO. Particuarly enjoyed the Goldeneye article. Some interesting shots that I haven't seen before in there as well. -{
    Smiert Spionam
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    well scan them in and get them up on here...
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • JamesBondfan18JamesBondfan18 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I'll have to buy that mag
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:

60174.jpg

Looks a lot like this guy.

hoagy_carmichael2.jpg
    Really? You should give me the name of your occulist... :D

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    As Dara Ó Briain would say " Look at the Ears on him !" :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • mpoplawskimpoplawski New Jersey, USAPosts: 128MI6 Agent
    I think the suit looks great. Fitted but not overly tight. Not crazy about the shirt, looks like either a point collar or tab. I prefer the spread collars. It is still sharp looking.
    Bond: "But who would want to kill me, sir?"
    M: "Jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors . . . the list is endless."
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Out of proportion? One can tell how many people are used to seeing fat guys in baggy suits loping around . . . thin is in, in both body physique and clothes, so the silhouette is supposed to look that way. And Craig's body is obviously not "skinny" in the traditional sense. It's been so long since we've seen clothes that actually follow the lines of the human body that it looks odd to us when someone is wearing a suit that is actually tailored for that.
  • HoagieHoagie Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    Hi, I'm new here but just couldn't help registering!! The the anticipation for the new movie has taken over and I can't bore my disinterested friends any longer so thought I'd chat with a few likeminded people!

I just wanted to agree with Gassyman about the pic, great suit, perfect fit an almost iconic visual in my opinion. The haircut is good too, I was getting a bit fed up with the Dalton / Brosnan blow dried look!

The black and white adds to the retro feel too. Looks like some real effort going into the visuals here.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    mpoplawski wrote:
    I think the suit looks great. Fitted but not overly tight. Not crazy about the shirt, looks like either a point collar or tab. I prefer the spread collars. It is still sharp looking.

It's a tab collar. It looks okay on Craig because he has a slender face.
    The new October issue of Empire magazine has extensive Skyfall coverage. Sam Mendes and Daniel Craig reveal (amongst other things) how Bond's latest adversary, Silva, will be more than a match for MI6's finest.

The FULL article.
    Skyfall Launches Empire's Winter Preview
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35004

EmpireMag.png