Skyfall, Bond car theories. . .

Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
The newly released Aston Martin Vanquish has among its choice of exterior colours a "Skyfall Silver".
Looks pretty similar to the existing Titanium Silver to me, but the name is rather telling.
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
Oscar Wilde

Comments

• Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    I saw the Press Release from Aston Martin yesterday. What a beautiful car.

I also thought this could be the new Bond car...if the Skyfall Silver is true it is a dead give-away.

http://www.astonmartin.com/en/cars/vanquish
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    Just checked on the Aston Martin configurator and there is indeed a "Skyfall Silver"

So I spec'd up my next car ;)

skyfall.jpg
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't read into it that much. They can call their colours anything, and as Aston has very strong Bond ties (after all, one of it's models will feature in Skyfall, and though it might not be current, it is heritage and has people pointing back to the brand) they're keen to capitalise on the connection. Note that the Vanquish does also come in Quantum Silver, despite not being in Quantum of Solace...
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Agent007jamestAgent007jamest usaPosts: 163MI6 Agent
    Just checked on the Aston Martin configurator and there is indeed a "Skyfall Silver"

So I spec'd up my next car ;)

skyfall.jpg

how much extra was the ejector seat? ;)
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    I agree with Moonraker 5. It could simply be a marketing connection in the colour schemes.

Personally I like the look of Viridian Green, with red brake calipers.... A beautiful car, looks true to its predacessors.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    However, Quantum Silver is a colour in the whole Aston range now, only after being introduced on the DBS which did star in Quantum of Solace.
    If I was a betting man, which I'm not, my £5 would be on Bond at some point driving the new Vanquish in Skyfall. If he doesn't then it will be clear why I am not a betting man :)) If he does, then hooray for my theory. :007)

On another point I had my very best ever Vesper on Tuesday evening, well two of them actually and strangely what maybe made it so damn good was that for the first time I departed from tradition and had the bartender make it stirred not shaken -{ -{

I wouldn't read into it that much. They can call their colours anything, and as Aston has very strong Bond ties (after all, one of it's models will feature in Skyfall, and though it might not be current, it is heritage and has people pointing back to the brand) they're keen to capitalise on the connection. Note that the Vanquish does also come in Quantum Silver, despite not being in Quantum of Solace...
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Erm...stirred not shaken???
    WTF!!! Was the Bartender Mister Henderson?
    (Hope you all like that reference!)

I only ever have mine shaken, regardless of etiquette!!!

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    As a Heineken drinker I can't have mine shaken. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    SPAD_Aston_Vanquish.jpg
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    it would be nice wouldn't it, but think about it, we've not seen or heard anything about the vanquish being in bond until AM unveiled it.

with all the people posting 'behind the scenes' shots, EoN dripping out bits and pieces about the plot etc, you'd have thought at least one mention would have happened somewhere.

if its in there, cool, but i think if it played a major part, ie been in a chase scene etc, we'd have heard about it by now.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

Where I come from, Heineken is not even regarded as beer :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Bondtoys wrote:

Where I come from, Heineken is not even regarded as beer :D

thats cos its a lager ;)
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    You are wrong, son - as always :D

We have a lot of lager beers here and most of them are accepted to be beer - Heineken is not {[]
    If you order a Heineken in a pub here, that's what you get in return: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It's perfectly fine when washed down with a Buckfast chaser ( a very fine british wine ) :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Bondtoys wrote:

We have a lot of lager beers here and most of them are accepted to be beer - Heineken is not {[]
    If you order a Heineken in a pub here, that's what you get in return: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

1) I ain't your son.

2) You missed the point, you said Heiny isn't regarded as a beer in Germany, so I said that's cos it's a lager, ie I was agreeing with you, cos lager is ditch water whereas ale is lovely stuff.

England 1, Germany 0 :p
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:

1) I ain't your son.

2) You missed the point, you said Heiny isn't regarded as a beer in Germany, so I said that's cos it's a lager, ie I was agreeing with you, cos lager is ditch water whereas ale is lovely stuff.

England 1, Germany 0 :p

Anyone know Bonds views on Ale ? If Tea is Mud I would not think that he would be a fan. He would probably associate Ale with Morris Dancing and other predilections of a ye olde England
    Fleming was always keen for Bond to be a modern chap. To my mind he would have no problem with a Premium lager such as Staropramen.
  • barracudabarracuda CataloniaPosts: 97MI6 Agent
    Top Gear contacted Aston Martin to ask about "Skyfall Silver" and said this:
    ...we just spoke to Aston Martin who confirmed that sadly, the new Vanquish won't be in Skyfall. The paint options 'Skyfall Silver' and indeed 'Quantum Silver' are there simply to continue the "long association with the [Bond] brand". How cool is that?
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/aston-martin-vanquish-configurator-2012-06-22

Their
    'Yes, dammit, I said "was". The bitch is dead now.'
    The James Bond Dossier | SPECTRE | Q-Branch James Bond Podcast
    barracuda wrote:
    Top Gear contacted Aston Martin to ask about "Skyfall Silver" and said this:
    ...we just spoke to Aston Martin who confirmed that sadly, the new Vanquish won't be in Skyfall. The paint options 'Skyfall Silver' and indeed 'Quantum Silver' are there simply to continue the "long association with the [Bond] brand". How cool is that?
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/aston-martin-vanquish-configurator-2012-06-22

Their

:)) I bet there's a load of DBS owners sighing a breath of relief over that news.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    I love this car!