1:8 scale model Aston Martin DB5

1:8 Scale model Aston Martin for sale. You can view all pictures of this build in the General James Bond Chatroom. Ive not qutie finished building the car as i have still got this months and next months issues to get before it is finished. It will also be mounted on a official Aston Martin stand. Id like full payment and im not selling on Ebay, i'm selling through this site. Make me a offer. Thanks Jason

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    £300
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Ja34son1977Ja34son1977 Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    I'm sorry but its going to cost more than that. Thanks anyways
    so is what you're looking for higher than the £400 mark?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    yes mate, alot more. like i said this is a rare collectable this will be worth a hell of alot more in years to come
    sorry, but if its more than the back issues cost then you're deluded.

why buy your model when I can go and buy the back issues myself and build it to my standards, plus have the option of making any changes that I might like, plus I can do myself a base to my liking for less than yours? plus if there's any issues (ie damaged in transit, marked, missing or broken bits) with yours i'll have to argue the case to get things sorted. with GE fabbri, i pick up the phone and replacements get sent.

you have to be a little realistic here. its not that rare and paying more than the subscription would be a false economy IMO.

not trying to say you'll do a bad job etc, but it just doesn't make sence to me.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • agent 00agent 00 Univex Station L Netherlands Posts: 340MI6 Agent
    Today's price is 750,- Euro as you subscribe at the website.
    Jan

" Sono Topolino, e tu chi saresti? ".
    http://www.facebook.com/agent00univex
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    I can only echo Jeffs sentiments, common sense really. Going to sort all my screws out this weekend and start building next weekend. As for the 'official' Eaglemoss stand, well for £40 my views on a piece of painted MDF cannot be printed here :))
    agent 00 wrote:
    Today's price is 750,- Euro as you subscribe at the website.

so that's about £590.

asking more than this is just daft. if anyone saw this subscription as a quick money maker then they should think again.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    no one said you av to buy the car that is your choice,i except you all have your opions but wiv all the issues and extras its going to cost more than the £300/£400 you offered minigeff. this is a limited edition so it is rare they only make so many and wont be makin it again. Its made by EON Productions. i did want to sell it but if i dont sell it then thats fine too
  • CJ007GoldeneyeCJ007Goldeneye LondonPosts: 587MI6 Agent
    Andy i see you have a issue with the painted black mdf base but surely your paying that money for the rather large acrylic casing!
    no one said you av to buy the car that is your choice,i except you all have your opions but wiv all the issues and extras its going to cost more than the £300/£400 you offered minigeff. this is a limited edition so it is rare they only make so many and wont be makin it again. Its made by EON Productions. i did want to sell it but if i dont sell it then thats fine too

no i'm fully aware that i don't have to buy it.

in all honesty, i can't stand this 'make me an offer' crap, cos it just wastes people's (and your) time with the constant hassle of making an offer, having it turned down, making another.... etc etc

we all know it's licenced by EoN, and that doesn't really mean anything to me, i don't know about other's views on this, but that doesn't add anything to the price for me. i've seen amazing stuff made by many different people, and for me it's done to the quality of the work.

it's not a limited edition. limited would mean there is a set number being made, ie production is LIMITED to that number. this is not the case with the GE Fabbri db5, they simply make as many as they can sell. say GE Fabbri make 1000. how many of those will actually get made into finished models? how many subscription are cancelled? how many subscriptions will get bastardised together to make a complete model in the future? there is no way of saying how many completed models there are, so no, its NOT limited.

i really REALLY hope you sell this for what you are hoping for, (which is what by the way?) but from where I'm standing, anything over £600 is not worth it.

think that ends all i've got to say on the matter, good luck kidda.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Craig

If you can see anywhere on the Eaglemoss / GE Fabbri site (www.007db5.com) that mentions an acrylic cover for the tacky MDF base then you're a better man than I ...... £40 ..... wouldn't give you tuppence for it :( . I have gone down the glass case route for £75 for protection and looks. :)
    £600 was what i was wanting. I've paid 630 for all issues and stand for the car. Thanks minigeff take care
  • CJ007GoldeneyeCJ007Goldeneye LondonPosts: 587MI6 Agent
    Andy i'm sure when it was first advertised i saw a pic of it with a acrylic casing. What else would the grooves be for.. I agree if its merely the black base with ast emblem thats a rip.
    Don't see any grooves and as far as I'm aware the've always said it's just a base :#
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/James-Bond-Goldfinger-1-8-Scale-Aston-Martin-DB5-Acrylic-Display-Showcase-/261064087548?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item3cc8a1d7fc#ht_747wt_1263

Here's a casing for you guys :p Alternatively you could always contact MG as this is REALLY his area.....on a sidenote he's very busy at moment.

As for the AM DB5 1/8, in this case i wouldn't be ready to pay more than £432,007 LOL

It's NOT really that rare as Germans have also their own "build your DB5"......

-Teppo-

EDIT: I don't want to be rude Jason, BUT it ain't made by EON Productions.....it's licensed by EON and AM -{
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
    Oooops thank you for that Teppo i got it wrong and i stand corrected lol -{
    Here's an idea - you could make more coin selling bits off like this idiot is;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180923956244?redirect=mobile#ht_7260wt_922

Must be a market there somewhere! I'm still trying to figure out the business model of buying in at normal price, selling out for less and not charging for time. There's gotta be a positive side to it somewhere....

Even I made a boo boo, asking for too much for something. All I'm left with is a few quids worth of ebay bills :))

But, even like the great Connery;

dea0a433.jpg

We all make mistakes :o

MG -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Here's an idea - you could make more coin selling bits off like this idiot is;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180923956244?redirect=mobile#ht_7260wt_922

Must be a market there somewhere! I'm still trying to figure out the business model of buying in at normal price, selling out for less and not charging for time. There's gotta be a positive side to it somewhere....

Even I made a boo boo, asking for too much for something. All I'm left with is a few quids worth of ebay bills :))

But, even like the great Connery;

dea0a433.jpg

We all make mistakes :o

MG -{

:)) I thought Steven Seagal was the only who liked ponytails :D :))

Poor Seany, look at his budgie smugglers LOL

Formerly known as Teppo
    you callin me a idiot? OMG you are such a drama queen!! i got the message that you don't want the car. Spitting your dummy out cuz you cant have something you want LOL tell you what minigeff go get it issue by issue if you want it that bad you baby LOL
    you callin me a idiot? OMG you are such a drama queen!! i got the message that you don't want the car. Spitting your dummy out cuz you cant have something you want LOL tell you what minigeff go get it issue by issue if you want it that bad you baby LOL

I just pm'd you with some advice, er baby?

And no, read it again, you'll see that the guy on ebay is the idiot, twas a joke ya see, though I can see how you came to the wrong conclusion. Apologies if you thought I was calling you an idiot.

Oh and only my wife calls me baby, ducky :p
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    The advice is was giving him people was I think he'd be better off saving his sale til after skyfall comes out, especially with the db5 in it, I think he'd get more interest, and a reasonable rate of return then.

I dunno, try to help some kids these days etc etc ....
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Take care people -{ :)
    Don't get upset Jason, i'm sure someone will buy your set. Having that said, keep open mind and why not just put the price up what you are asking for the DB5 parts. Btw, why are you selling this set anyway... ?:)

Anyway AJB is one of the best Bond forums, IF not the BEST - so why not enjoy your stay a bit longer -{

All the best,

Teppo

Formerly known as Teppo
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    £600 was what i was wanting. I've paid 630 for all issues and stand for the car. Thanks minigeff take care

If I wanted to buy (I don't, I'm a subscriber), I'd subscribe and backorder all issues. Otherwise, I'd be looking at buying the parts off someone at a bargain price (say, less than half price - quite a few bargains like this can be found online). From my subscriber's experience, quite a few parts arrived imperfectly finished or damaged in transit. If you are buying from someone, please make sure you have an agreement with the seller about what will happen if any parts are damaged etc.

Anyone trying to make quick profit must be dreaming.
  • Chelle10Chelle10 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hi guys,

Can anyone please help urgently. My dad has collected and put together the James Bond Aston Martin.......anyone know where I can get a case for it. ?The black stand thing is sold out....and I actually was wondering if there was nicer avail. I would love to get it for him for Father's Day
    Well it seems you're in luck, drop me a pm with your budget.

MG -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Anyone want a display base for their 1:8 DB5?

I made one in anticipation that 'chelle' above would want it, but I've had no responce from her.

So I got a base up for grabs. Any takers?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent
    post some pics :-)
    Will do when I got it done :))
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org