Tom Ford Skyfall Overcoat

Does anyone have any updates on the TF overcoat used in Skyfall?

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    If your check out the Jackets from Skyfall Podcast I believe Mantis briefly talks about it - I think he says its just about to come out in the stores!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,326MI6 Agent
  • yy123yy123 Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Here it is:

DSCF5152.jpg

Harrods have several in stock, priced at £2,100.

Hi, nice coat and I am interested in this coat. I would like to ask how's the thickness and the cut of this coat. Many thanks.
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Is there a model number?
  • double oh sevendouble oh seven Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    Just discovered this excellent forum along with David's excellent website.
    Bought the overcoat at the weekend but needs tailoring so no pics until next weekend at the earlist.
    Here is the model number

2hyc3fr.jpg
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    I'm toying with the thought of buying this coat.

I'm assuming to get the look of the screen worn one, the lapels will need 'rolling' to the second button?
  • RYH666RYH666 UKPosts: 105MI6 Agent
    Such a nice overcoat really want it have the billy reid peacoat on order but this also looks Great. Problem is the price cant afford that kind of money!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Holden wrote:
    I'm assuming to get the look of the screen worn one, the lapels will need 'rolling' to the second button?

That will happen when the coat is a little too tight, like Daniel Craig's is. I personally think it looks a bit silly, since the purpose of an overcoat is to keep warm and that's best achieved by buttoning up.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Bought the overcoat at the weekend but needs tailoring so no pics until next weekend at the earlist.
    Here is the model number

2hyc3fr.jpg

unfortunately thats not the model, that just says its a tom ford 2 button plain. Maybe if you can get a picture of the inside label? Thanks mate
    Oops my apologies.
    The item is same as the one Meesta Bawnd is modelling.
    Will take photos when I get it
    96mn12 wrote:
    Here is the model number

2hyc3fr.jpg

unfortunately thats not the model, that just says its a tom ford 2 button plain. Maybe if you can get a picture of the inside label? Thanks mate

How's the width of the lapel? I think there are 2 model of this coat. I think The one in movie is with a relatively more wide lapel than the one selling in Harrods.
  • Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 366MI6 Agent
    ?:) ?:) Did they run out of the correct buttons and put on XL ones instead?

I'm getting sick of this British inspired, American made nonsense!, give bond a British tailor!
    Oops my apologies.
    The item is same as the one Meesta Bawnd is modelling.
    Will take photos when I get it

I got the TF Skyfall overcoat which is a bit different from the one Meesta Bawnd is modeling. I will post the picture later. :007)
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    Nice overcoat, not as special than the Kazan one. Since it's a very normal model, if you're going to spend 3000-4000$ you could buy a Loro Piana in the same model with better quality perhaps.
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
    344qxhx.jpg
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Post pics of jacket
    And YY123, can we see pics of yours too, please?
    As I said earlier i'm new to all this and will admit I bought this as it was sold to me as being in Skyfall.
    However, I think I would've still bought this if it wasn't as it is exceptional quality and was looking for a replacement for my current overcoat.

35kltzn.jpg

rcihhl.jpg

zufres.jpg

dy27gi.jpg
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent
    Beautiful coat!
    Holden wrote:
    And YY123, can we see pics of yours too, please?
    Just post the pictures. Thank you.

028.jpg

019.jpg

015.jpg

039.jpg

050.jpg

025.jpg

009.jpg
    I am with you Double Oh Seven saying it's exceptional quality. -{
    Thanks for all the pics. From what I can see, both coats appear to be the same version.
    Holden wrote:
    Thanks for all the pics. From what I can see, both coats appear to be the same version.

Actually, it's different model, if you check the distance between the top front button and the left sides top pocket. And the lapel width and the cut are different as well. :)
    344qxhx.jpg

012.jpg

There are actually 2 different models.
    Look a little different, but on the ticket, you can see that the model no. and fabric no. are the same - obviously, they are different sizes and one is for a British retailer, the other Italian.
    Holden wrote:
    Look a little different, but on the ticket, you can see that the model no. and fabric no. are the same - obviously, they are different sizes and one is for a British retailer, the other Italian.

Thanks for your remind. But I just thought that different sizes should not be related to the position of the buttons. And mine is one sizes smaller, and the buttons shouldn't runs lower too.
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    can someone shoot me a closeup of the buttons of the SA Skyfall overcoat? Im trying to craft a budget alternative and I need to swap out the plastic buttons for real horn and I want to know what color the Tom Ford ones are. I would really appreciate this. It would also help out other members searching for a really nice budget alternative! Thanks!
  • TeskoxTeskox Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    can someone shoot me a closeup of the buttons of the SA Skyfall overcoat? Im trying to craft a budget alternative and I need to swap out the plastic buttons for real horn and I want to know what color the Tom Ford ones are. I would really appreciate this. It would also help out other members searching for a really nice budget alternative! Thanks!

I'd def be up for one of these!
    Hope this helps

16li5at.jpg

21lps81.jpg
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    Thanks! So they are a very dark horn. Good to know!!!