Re: Skyfall knife

Whoever said that guns get him excited - knifes are making him horny  ajb007/rolleyes

Asp9mm, yesterday I thought about you - we have a mole again in our garden  ajb007/crap

President of the 'Tim Dalton Misty-Eyed Fan Club'.
------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond (and Sir Miles - stop playing with my signature) !-------

SORRY...I guess I should have said it's a custom made knife with a Damascus blade.
ajb007/insane

minigeff wrote:
Kuragami wrote:
thespyboys11 wrote:

Hi guys,
The knife is a fixed blade Damascus knife custom made by my friends company here in the states. They supplied it for the film.
As they are hoping to release copies I cannot show photos but at least I can save you countless hours of searching for it on the internet.

God's work my son.  God's work.

God makes Damascus knives?  ajb007/amazed

Someone hasn't spent enough time on the Internet to get that meme.  ajb007/tongue

Kuragami wrote:
minigeff wrote:
Kuragami wrote:

God's work my son.  God's work.

God makes Damascus knives?  ajb007/amazed

Someone hasn't spent enough time on the Internet to get that meme.  ajb007/tongue

What zee ell az mimi get toe doe wiz eet?

http://www.marktv.org/aa/images/mimi.jpg

Aha ALLO ALLO, Good TV show, shocked a yank knew that? Hee hee!

" Not All Who Wander Are Lost "

Damascus or Tamahagane, same steel used in samurai swords - gotta love them blades  ajb007/wink

Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.       

TIS  - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Teppo wrote:

Damascus or Tamahagane, same steel used in samurai swords - gotta love them blades  ajb007/wink

Not really. Damascus refers to the way the steel is pattern welded, where as tamahagane refers to a precise smelting process used in Japan to produce steel from iron sand.

Also, even though nihonto had laminated blades, they where not pattern welded or damascus blades.

"I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
-Mr Arlington Beech

Yeah, huge difference between damascus and tamahagane blades.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Page 205 of Bond on Set Skyfall shows Barbara Broccoli with Albert Finney:he is wearing a pouch type knife sheath
that appears to be left-handed.

Bondtoys wrote:

Asp9mm, yesterday I thought about you - we have a mole again in our garden  ajb007/crap

I love moles  ajb007/lol    Long live moles  ajb007/shifty

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Tecolote wrote:

Page 205 of Bond on Set Skyfall shows Barbara Broccoli with Albert Finney:he is wearing a pouch type knife sheath
that appears to be left-handed.

It's just a generic friction form bushcraft/utility sheath.  Been modified to reduce the lip too, and not very well either.

0073 wrote:
Teppo wrote:

Not really. Damascus refers to the way the steel is pattern welded, where as tamahagane refers to a precise smelting process used in Japan to produce steel from iron sand.

Also, even though nihonto had laminated blades, they where not pattern welded or damascus blades.

Hmm, i was referring to the mixture of using damascus and tamahagane steel, sorry for confusion  ajb007/insane

Asp9mm wrote:

It looks like a Fallkniven blade.  But the angle isn't too good to ID positively

I'm not sure about the knife that Kincade has in this scene but the fixed blade later in the film looks like a Buck Knife. http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?eve … uctID=3051

Clarky wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:

It looks like a Fallkniven blade.  But the angle isn't too good to ID positively

I'm not sure about the knife that Kincade has in this scene but the fixed blade later in the film looks like a Buck Knife. http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?eve … uctID=3051

you're getting your knives mixed up.

Kincade's knife is the one used at the end, and its not a Buck knife.

An expected 100 of these will become available approximetly in January from the same company that made it for the film. When more info becomes available i will let everyone know.
Ed

Deleted

Last edited by draxhugo (15th Jan 2013 15:04)

minigeff wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:

you're getting your knives mixed up.

Kincade's knife is the one used at the end, and its not a Buck knife.

I'm not sure there is any evidence that the end knife was the same knife as shown by Kincade.  As far an I could tell it's supposition based on foreshadowing.  I'm basing my opinion on the handle of the knife which was the only part visible in that scene.  The knife Kincade places on the table had no polished chrome parts.

The blade is totally different compared to some Buck knife, do ya homework pal  ajb007/rolleyes

Teppo wrote:

The blade is totally different compared to some Buck knife, do ya homework pal  ajb007/rolleyes

Read better, pal.  I'm saying I do not believe Kincade's knife is the same knife as the dispatching knife, of which you cannot see the blade so how can you comment on the blade shape when it isn't visible.  I am basing my question solely on the handle, the one visible part from the scene I'm talking about without giving spoilers.

You can take your smart attitude and tuck it somewhere private.  Postulation and exposition is exactly what we do on this site.  I'm no noob to this game.

For me, the scene where Bond and Kincade are laying out the toys paints the picture very clearly. What's on the table is all they've got. Thus, when a knife appears later, it can only be one knife, Kincade's.

I can understand you saying that it could be a different one, but I think you might be looking so far into it that you're missing the obvious.

I personally don't use reflective surfaces as reference as its not a reliable way of identifying items. The lighting is the 2 different scenes is very different.

I am with geff on this one. What they lay on the table is all they have.

"some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"

Bond on Set: Filming Skyfall, book page 154  ajb007/wink

Relax, guys.....The knife Kincaid shows Bond and places on the table IS the same knife Bond uses to kill Silva.  As I previously stated, this is a custom made knife with a fixed Damascus blade. It was made and provided to the propmaker by my friends company. They are expecting to offer it in their catalog the begining of the year. I have photos of the knife which I cannot post but I can tell you it IS the knife.
Best thing to do is wait...all will soon be clear.
Ed

thespyboys11 wrote:

Relax, guys.....The knife Kincaid shows Bond and places on the table IS the same knife Bond uses to kill Silva.  As I previously stated, this is a custom made knife with a fixed Damascus blade. It was made and provided to the propmaker by my friends company. They are expecting to offer it in their catalog the begining of the year. I have photos of the knife which I cannot post but I can tell you it IS the knife.
Ed

Cheers for this Ed  ajb007/martini

@ Clarky, I hope you do accept my apologies of my harsh comment earlier  ajb007/crap I'm sometimes "Shoot first, ask later"-type of chap  ajb007/insane

Teppo wrote:
thespyboys11 wrote:

Ed

Cheers for this Ed  ajb007/martini

@ Clarky, I hope you do accept my apologies of my harsh comment earlier  ajb007/crap I'm sometimes "Shoot first, ask later"-type of chap  ajb007/insane

i heard you was a jaffa  ajb007/lol