Thank You Jany Temime!

I think that we all owe Ms Jany Temime, the Costume Designer for Skyfall, a huge debt of thanks for being so generous to spare her time in answering our clothing questions and clearing up a few mysteries. Please use this thread to post pictures and thoughts that we can then forward to Ms Temime herself. Thanks.

Blair

Comments

• Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 368MI6 Agent
    edited November 2012
    Indeed, thank you!

And thanks particualrly for choosing items for a slightly more frugal 007 for the times.

The return to a few british brands is to be celebrated (Barbour, John Smedley, N Peal, Dents, Liberty of London, Crockett and Jones is to be celebrated -{
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Great thanks!!!

I believe 6 ties in Skyfall (inc one bow tie)
    I guess scarf for London and Lodge are still mysteries as well as Shanghai bar outfit!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent
    Jany thank you for your thoughtful consideration for both the Bond legacy, and it's loving fans. Your choices were excellent for todays James Bond - contemporary with a tip of the hat to British heritage. I look forward to your future work.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Thank you very much for all the help you have given us
    Ross
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,120MI6 Agent
    Thanks Jany, for taking the time to help us and for a great look for Bond at 50!
    Skyfall is absolutely brilliant and you should be rightly proud of the part you played in its success.
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    thank you sooo much for sharing jany! :x
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Jany,

As you can see by my SkyFall wall, you have made a HUGE impact on me and my collection. I am so grateful that you have shared with us the different pieces used in the movie as I not only collect them but wear them too. Please know that many an individual on these boards and beyond are beholden to you, your talent, and your connection to your fan base.

br3.jpg
  • SiddersSidders London Posts: 98MI6 Agent
    Thanks Jany....for putting a huge dent in my credit card bill! :)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,637Chief of Staff
    I'd also like to add both the personal thanks of myself and the thanks from the AJB community as a whole for sharing your time with us -{

Thank you.
    YNWA 97
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    edited November 2012
    Words cannot express how grateful we on this forum are to you for pulling back the curtain on the wardrobe of Skyfall, but also for putting Bond in some truly classic and timeless pieces of attire. Though the world can always count on Bond, we the fans can count on you Jany, to make our favorite fictional hero look both retro and yet so relevant. Thank you.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Yes, thanks Jany, you have cost me a fortune.

Love it :-)
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • draxhugodraxhugo Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Jany,

As you can see by my SkyFall wall, you have made a HUGE impact on me and my collection. I am so grateful that you have shared with us the different pieces used in the movie as I not only collect them but wear them too. Please know that many an individual on these boards and beyond are beholden to you, your talent, and your connection to your fan base.

I couldn't have said it better. Thank you.
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    Thank you Jany! Thank you for making me much better dressed. It has helped my self confidence immeasurably. :007)
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Jany, I sincerely thank you for helping us fans and collectors alike with this research. This forum is full of gentlemen who do everything they (we) can to uphold the James Bond lifestyle, fashion usually being at the forefront. I love the new style of Bond with an homage to his history, but still giving him a modern twist. Very "London" in my opinion. New York is starting to get rather chilly and I am now very well prepared for the months ahead :)

I'm sure you would be happy to hear if you did not know already, the companies you have chosen to clothe DC in Skyfall have been very receptive to our interests in their lines. Billy Reid, N Peal, and others have scoured their warehouses and even re-issued their older season items in order to help us achieve the latest Skyfall look. We all appreciate your connection to the latest Bond film, and now your connection with us.
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    Jany thank you !
    putting bond in cords and barbour is very British !
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
  • cs007cs007 Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Thank you very much Jany, as a massive Bond fan this means so much.

Cameron.
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    edited November 2012
    Thank you Jany for your support.
    With your help we could put a little bit of screenland into our wardrobes.
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    A big thank you Jany for taking the time to connect with us. I'm sure that you can see how grateful we all are as Bond collectors and fans. I'm a huge admirer of the "Enjoying Death" ensemble, as IMO it captures the mood of our hero perfectly. It would be even better if we could persuade Zara to re-stock the shirt again!! -{

A big thanks again!
  • LagoonaLagoona GermanyPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Foto1023_1.jpg

I think everything is said here about your wonderful work and your help to identify the last puzzlepieces :)
    Thank you very much and I'm looking forward to your next work -{

Today's choice: Barbour Jacket, C&J Islay and an HK416... only a Replica :))
    very nice bro!
  • LewsLews Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    Excellent work on the movie! Thank you so much for sharing the specific information with us - as you can see, it truly does mean a lot! :)
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,330MI6 Agent
    Just had a message back from Jany. She thanks everyone for their messages on the Thank You thread. And, good news in that she has revealed where she sourced the scarf, and

"Thank you for your lovely words.
    The scarf is from Tom Ford but we customise it by making it finer ( it was a sort of shawl before and we cut in the length 2/3 of it )
    The holster , black ear piece , are props, they do not come from us. We just adapted the holster that it fitted better.
    The glasses of Q, I cannot remember but will try to find out.
    Regards ,
    Jany Temime "
    :o TOM FORD?
    not sure...but it looks very close in my opinion
  • TakeTheBloodyShotTakeTheBloodyShot Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    Thanks a lot for your work here, Jany!
  • MarcoMarco Central EuropePosts: 130MI6 Agent
    Thank you very much Jany, great job.
  • pavementalpavemental Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Is it possible to do a followup and ask if Jany figured out where Q's glasses were sourced from? The closest I can find are Hackett's 098 frames. http://www.designerframes2u.com/designerframes2u_shop/prod_1895136-Hackett-Optical-HEB098-Brown-Gradient.html