Re: SKYFALL: Master List of Clothing and Merchandise Featured in the Film

Orlebar Brown do that sort of thing too!  ajb007/crap

Not as bad as the shocking Sunspel price hike for the Riviera after CR!!!!!!

Never was I so glad to have got in early! Still wear it after all these years (had to dye it though - too tight fisted to buy a new one)

What price did they originally go for £40ish?

I still reckon the older versions were softer and made better by Sunspel before the switch to Turkey

Instagram - welshboy1978

£45 if memory serves me right.

welshboy78 wrote:

What price did they originally go for £40ish?

I still reckon the older versions were softer and made better by Sunspel before the switch to Turkey

I have to agree with you there as I have both and the made in England one seems much nicer.  It's a shame really as I've bought loads off them in the past with them being locally made.  I just sent a load of stuff back that I received from them to find half was made in Turkey and Portugal.  Guess I'm on the hunt for a new company to replace them.  They were nice enough to take it back, though did say I will have to look very close at the website from now on lol.

You'd think with the big savings they have in production costs the price would be cheaper!  Lol I know that will never happen.  Have a look loads of the basic t shirts are being made abroad now.  I may be fussy but would rather put my money into my own economy haha.

Just a quick reminder that the Gun Holster worn in the film by James Bond, during the Tube Train scene is a Vega IWB # 333 for the the Walther PPK. It is only seen for a brief second, when Bond jumps onto the Tube train, but that is what is is. Check with your nearest sporting goods dealer that offers hunting/ firearms stuff. I got mine from www.pythonholsters.com who is based in the US, they are a great company to do business with and they helped me get a Vega IBW# 339 for my Airsoft Walther P99 back in 2008.

PS: Still no positive match for the Black Leather Shoulder Holster seen in the opening scenes of Skyfall from my end. According to some other more experienced collectors here, it seems to be a modified Price Western Leather holster since Price Western has supplyied by the British Armed Forces and the Metropolitan Police Service for many years with holsters.

edited to protect the innocent  ajb007/lol

Last edited by Asp9mm (25th Feb 2015 19:12)

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Hi There!
I have for sale Jaeger coat worn by Judi Dench in Skyfall. 100 % autenthity with certificate signed by Meg Simmonds EON archive director.
Can send photos on email or giving nr of item from auction on ebay: 261812560898.
Regards

Anyone know the brand or style of holster Bond is wearing in the teaser poster? It looks like brown leather.

Last edited by dak212us (20th Mar 2015 18:34)

Pretty sure it's a custom, in the last 15 years the shoulder holsters used always have been.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Cant believe that this film is just about four years old now, how time flies. Still my favorite period of ID'ing and hunting down Bonds wardrobe.

walther p99 wrote:

Cant believe that this film is just about four years old now, how time flies. Still my favorite period of ID'ing and hunting down Bonds wardrobe.

Same here was only thinking the same thing a few days ago.. still my fav bond film to date and outfits  ajb007/lol

Andrew Craig wrote:
walther p99 wrote:

Same here was only thinking the same thing a few days ago.. still my fav bond film to date and outfits  ajb007/lol

And it brought it in so many new members! but I agree, Skyfall is my favorite film and outfits in the series.

It was certainly cheaper ajb007/smile

The 3 main jackets all attainable at sensible prices to the fans etc and the rest of the attire also (outside his suit wardrobe)

Last edited by welshboy78 (16th Oct 2016 23:09)

Instagram - welshboy1978

welshboy78 wrote:

It was certainly cheaper ajb007/smile

The 3 main jackets all attainable to many!!

Yeah Skyfall's wardrobe seemed way more true to character then SP, Besides the much maligned suit tightness Bond's outfits seemed less "costume-y" if that makes any sense.

My only regret is not pulling the trigger on the now iconic tux when I was offered it for very cheap in my size!!

Instagram - welshboy1978

welshboy78 wrote:

My only regret is not pulling the trigger on the now iconic tux when I was offered it for very cheap in my size!!

I tried that one on at TF in NYC back in 2013, what a beauty! my favorite dinner jacket in the series by far.

If anyone wants one of those BC belts, they have one back in stock at Saks off 5th. It is NOT the Morocco belt. It's the one with the regular, non-center bar buckle in the darker brown. Size 38

http://www.saksoff5th.com/main/ProductD … 4442093804

canoe2 wrote:

If anyone wants one of those BC belts, they have one back in stock at Saks off 5th. It is NOT the Morocco belt. It's the one with the regular, non-center bar buckle in the darker brown. Size 38

What's this have to do with SF?

walther p99 wrote:
canoe2 wrote:

What's this have to do with SF?

Absolutely nothing. I thought this was the Spectre clothing thread ....  ajb007/insane

walther p99 wrote:

I'm late to the game here, but agree completely. I wear Skyfall pieces most days of the week and am still planning on picking more. It's amazing how the influence continues to be strong, where as with Spectre I haven't bothered with any of the items (I enjoyed the film, it just didn't stick with me like Skyfall). Glad to see others feel the same!

Also, does anyone else fee like the 2010-2012 period has a massive influence on their wardrobe? Besides Skyfall I've got a huge collection of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo pieces. And the Nike Sweet Classic High's, which I believe are 2009 or 2010 vintage. Odd how such a specific set of years can have such influence.

JMac88 wrote:
walther p99 wrote:

I'm late to the game here, but agree completely. I wear Skyfall pieces most days of the week and am still planning on picking more. It's amazing how the influence continues to be strong, where as with Spectre I haven't bothered with any of the items (I enjoyed the film, it just didn't stick with me like Skyfall). Glad to see others feel the same!

Also, does anyone else fee like the 2010-2012 period has a massive influence on their wardrobe? Besides Skyfall I've got a huge collection of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo pieces. And the Nike Sweet Classic High's, which I believe are 2009 or 2010 vintage. Odd how such a specific set of years can have such influence.

Yeah I really think Skyfall was the beginning of the boom on Bond clothing. I remember how this board was filled with new members, a lot of whom haven't posted since 2012/13. I don't think SP's clothing ID'ing period was as heightened or exciting as SF's. Out of boredom at work recently I reread a lot of the Skyfall clothing thread and its interesting to see the initial derision for Bonds attire to almost universal approval once the film was released.

I agree 100%, for me personally Skyfall is a fantastic example of professional attire and how to dress oneself. The fitting people might not agree with, however no one complains about the color matching of ties to suits or choices of the items themselves.

nafets47 wrote:

I agree 100%, for me personally Skyfall is a fantastic example of professional attire and how to dress oneself. The fitting people might not agree with, however no one complains about the color matching of ties to suits or choices of the items themselves.

absolutely, I also think Skyfall had the best ties in the series since Connery. The ties in Spectre are nice but I don't know why they made them slightly wider then the Skyfall ones.

While some of the outfits in Skyfall and Spectre are good, imho the clothes in QoS are by far the smartest and most appealing. The Greene Party suit and tie, the Tallamone outfit, the PCS navy pinstripe etc are all perfectly cut and elegant. By contrast I'm not a big fan of the suits in Skyfall which are a bit too pale, and the too-narrow pinstripe in London I'm not a fan of. And much as I love the Morocco outfit in Spectre, those massive desert boots kill the look (again, just my opinion). Though I love the Skyfall Lodge outfit, and the BR peacoat.  ajb007/martini

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."