Re: SKYFALL: Master List of Clothing and Merchandise Featured in the Film

Charmed & Dangerous wrote:

While some of the outfits in Skyfall and Spectre are good, imho the clothes in QoS are by far the smartest and most appealing. The Greene Party suit and tie, the Tallamone outfit, the PCS navy pinstripe etc are all perfectly cut and elegant. By contrast I'm not a big fan of the suits in Skyfall which are a bit too pale, and the too-narrow pinstripe in London I'm not a fan of. And much as I love the Morocco outfit in Spectre, those massive desert boots kill the look (again, just my opinion). Though I love the Skyfall Lodge outfit, and the BR peacoat.  ajb007/martini

Really? Not a fan for the London Pinstripe. Happens to be one of my favorites.

I always found it very interesting how the Greene Party Suit was such a popular item. I like it but I much prefer the Spectre Sharkskin Blue. Agreed on the Tallamone outfit, just fantastic.

Charmed, which is your favorite suit if I might ask?

Best,
Stefan

While some of the outfits in Skyfall and Spectre are good, imho the clothes in QoS are by far the smartest and most appealing. The Greene Party suit and tie, the Tallamone outfit, the PCS navy pinstripe etc are all perfectly cut and elegant. By contrast I'm not a big fan of the suits in Skyfall which are a bit too pale, and the too-narrow pinstripe in London I'm not a fan of. And much as I love the Morocco outfit in Spectre, those massive desert boots kill the look (again, just my opinion). Though I love the Skyfall Lodge outfit, and the BR peacoat.  ajb007/martini

QOS does have a near perfect wardrobe as well but it think it copies Steve Mcqueen a bit too closely at times.

nafets47 wrote:

Really? Not a fan for the London Pinstripe. Happens to be one of my favorites.

I always found it very interesting how the Greene Party Suit was such a popular item. I like it but I much prefer the Spectre Sharkskin Blue. Agreed on the Tallamone outfit, just fantastic.

Charmed, which is your favorite suit if I might ask?

Best,
Stefan

Hi Stefan  ajb007/martini
I guess it has to be the Greene Party suit which we see quite a bit of. It's simple navy and elegant, so for me a more business-like suit, one which won't stand out for the wrong reasons. After that I guess the navy pinstripe PTS.
But I also really like the dark blue (French blue?) Mexico/blofeld's lair suit (is that the Sharkskin Blue one you refer to?)- I bought one like it just before Christmas in a mohair blend in the sales at the tailor I go to.
Which is your favourite, Stefan?

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

I guess it has to be the Greene Party suit which we see quite a bit of. It's simple navy and elegant, so for me a more business-like suit, one which won't stand out for the wrong reasons. After that I guess the navy pinstripe PTS.
But I also really like the dark blue (French blue?) Mexico/blofeld's lair suit (is that the Sharkskin Blue one you refer to?)- I bought one like it just before Christmas in a mohair blend in the sales at the tailor I go to.

I could see that in regards to the Greene Party. The Sharkskin Blue that I refer to is the Mexico/blofeld lair.

Hard for me to nail a favorite, but it has been the Skyfall PTS suit. I find that the one that I am most desiring at the time is my favorite and once I own it my fixation switches to the next one. However the first one I bought was the Skyfall PTS and while I did put it up for sale for a small period of time, I couldn't go through with a sale and will not ever sell it.

walther p99 wrote:

QOS does have a near perfect wardrobe as well but it think it copies Steve Mcqueen a bit too closely at times.

I do agree 100% Did not seem original IMO. Don't get me wrong it was really awesome, but was a Mcqueen copy. This isn't intended to downgrade QOS, Mcqueen is a style icon and has been forever. So its not a bad choice to copy.

In Skyfall, I thought the Shanghai and Scotland outfits were very unique and really incredible. Not a copy from anything I have seen.

Best,
Stefan

Last edited by nafets47 (11th Feb 2017 17:34)

nafets47 wrote:

I could see that in regards to the Greene Party. The Sharkskin Blue that I refer to is the Mexico/blofeld lair.

Hard for me to nail a favorite, but it has been the Skyfall PTS suit. I find that the one that I am most desiring at the time is my favorite and once I own it my fixation switches to the next one. However the first one I bought was the Skyfall PTS and while I did put it up for sale for a small period of time, I couldn't go through with a sale and will not ever sell it.

walther p99 wrote:

I do agree 100% Did not seam original IMO. Don't get me wrong it was really awesome, but was a Mcqueen copy. This isn't intended to downgrade QOS, Mcqueen is a style icon and has been forever. So its not a choice to copy.

In Skyfall, I thought the Shanghai and Scotland outfits were very unique and really incredible. Not a copy from anything I have seen.

Best,
Stefan

Exactly, the Skyfall casual outfits were way more original and seemed truer to character.

Has anyone completed all outfits for Skyfall?

For Skyfall I have/had:

PTS
Enjoying Death
London Tube
Shanghai outfit
-
ALMOST had the exact fit type (48F), fabric, etc. Shanghai Tuxedo  ajb007/crap

nafets47 wrote:

Has anyone completed all outfits for Skyfall?

For Skyfall I have/had:

PTS
Enjoying Death
London Tube
Shanghai outfit
-
ALMOST had the exact fit type (48F), fabric, etc. Shanghai Tuxedo  ajb007/crap

The Shanghai outfit, which is my favorite casual outfit in the series, is the only complete outfit that I have.