MyHermes, the worst couriers in the UK?

WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
I have been waiting for almost two weeks now, from the time of dispatch, for my order from COS and noticed that they employ the services of MyHermes for the UK part of the delivery. I have not used this courier before, but notice that they have APPALLING reviews on Google for stolen, lost, untimely and other poor quality deliveries.

Was wondering if you guys have had any similar experiences and what was done to rectify them?

Regards,
Wilde

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Last christmas (no this isn't the start of a crap Wham song) I ordered a dvd boxset for 'er in doors.

MyHerpes were supposed to delivery it on time before the big day, I ordered it at the start of November, plenty of time to beat the christmas rush surely?

No.

MyHerpes employ self employed delivery drivers. These drivers usually use their own vans/cars to deliver you parcel. There are no local depots to collect your parcel from.

Heres how it works;

You order, say from amazon. MyHerpes collects the parcel from them. Then MyHerpes take it to the local depot, then it goes on to YOUR local depot. Then, self employed drivers turn up and collect their load of parcel and deliver them to the local area.

There is no public call centre to ring. You are not MyHerpes' customer, in this example, amazon are, so you can't complain to MyHerpes, only amazon can.

After my parcel was late coming, I did my own research and managed to find a number to call. They basically said they couldn't tell me anything. Yes thats right, it's MY parcel, I'VE PAID for it, but MyHerpes wouldn't tell me where the parcel was, how long it'd be, or why it'd taken so long to get processed.

In the end, the parcel got to the local depot where it disappeared overnight. Thats right, it was apparently collected by the local scum in his knackered out volvo, and then it... poof, went, gone forever. After calling MyHerpes back, they said they hadn't a clue where it had gone. Erm, maybe its in the house of the scumbag stealing driver? This went down well.

In the end, I called whoever i'd ordered from, explained the situation and they said that due to the high number of parcels going missing with MyHerpes drivers, they were considering cancelling the contract. That was Sainsburys. Whether this happened or not im unsure, would be interesting to find out.

So, lesson learnt. These days, when I order from someone I'll call them and ask who they use for delivery. If they say MyHerpes I ask for another courier, if they refuse I simply take my business elsewhere.

MyHerpes really is the most unsecure untrustworthy and unreliable delivery firm I've ever had to deal with.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,687MI6 Agent
    That's what you get when you order from a firm named after a STD. :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Catching.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,554Chief of Staff
    Stores I buy from from online have used this courier...and some are big name retailers too...I initially had a problem with these - about a year ago...and pretty much encountered the same problem/frustrations that minigeff had...I contacted the supplier whom sent me out a replacement straight away....this time I was lucky as I was in when the courier called...he said he was the delivery driver for this area so we came to an understanding as to where he could leave parcels for me if I was out...so far - and this IS tempting fate - all has been well since...but I have heard many, many similar problems about them..
    YNWA 97
    When you look at it, MyHerpes run a very shrewd ship.

The local delivery drivers get paid per parcel delivered. They also work on a freelance basis, so can be let go at a moments notice. They also have to maintain, run and supply their own transport. It must be a pretty crap job, especially during winter with Christmas.

With freelancers, MyHerpes avoid several costly business expenditures such as providing a pension, severance or redundancy packages, fleet maintainable costs and call centre staff.

Trouble is, their tracking system is useless and won't or can't advise anything other than "contact your supplier who will contact us."

And who suffers for all this? Oh yeah, it's that bloke who pays for the service - the 'customer'.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    This just gets better. The tracking record has been updated saying that the item has been 'delivered with signature', what a joke, nothing has been delivered!

Totally abhorrent! :#
  • Lisa1Lisa1 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    The Mail Order Company I order from also use MyHermes. I ordered 2 pairs of shoes which showed that my parcel was with the courier on the 22nd Dec 2012, having later that day checked for an update it read delivered to shed.Erm the courier wouldn't be able to get in through the back gate as it is always kept locked, still I went out to check and double check but no parcel there. Even my neighbours didn't see anything. The parcel was apparently delivered at 12.20pm, I didn't leave my flat until 12.45, no-one even rang the buzzer. It's a bloomin Joke.
    Having put in a complaint to my mail order Company as to a missing parcel they are investigating it, in the meantime I was asked if I would like a replacement sent which I ordered on the 2nd Jan 2013 for next day delivery the same thing happened yet again Just the same delivered to shed and yet I was in all day.
    Someone is having a laugh, certainly Not me. Where's my bloomin parcels gone to?
    Lisa1 wrote:
    Where's my bloomin parcels gone to?

Ebay probably. I'd contact the seller and tell them to send another parcel with a different courier.

Welcome to AJB btw -{

MG
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Hi, Thankyou minigeoff, I will do. I know that alot of catologues are in a sindicate and have signed a contract with Hermes until 2017. Yeah I did wonder whether the courier had sold them on Ebay.

Thanks for the welcome. :)
    Just been in touch with the mail order firm only to be told that they only use Hermes Couriers. Hmmm enough said
  • wallaseywallasey Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    if you think MyHermes are bad - try collect+
    you'll pray for myhermes to deliver your stuff if you ever had them
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Hi Wallasey, welcome to AJB, -{ Please take a moment to have a look at this guide:

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45180/introduction-how-to-use-the-forum/

interesting first post- Were you using the courier for anything Bond related?
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    My Mate purchased a rather expensive Motherboard for his new Alienware Desktop, and had the misfortune of having Hermes as the Courier. Unsurprisingly, it went 'missing' 8-)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger