Stolen Amedeo Modigliani painting in Skyfall

In case anyone was wondering, the painting in Skyfall (Shanghai) is Amedeo Modigliani's Woman with a Fan, it was stolen from Museum of Modern Art in Paris in May of 2010.

According to Judith I Bridgland this was probably a tribute to Dr No since the 1962 Dr No featured Francisco Goya's Portrait of The Duke of Wellington. The painting was stolen in 1961 but returned in 1965.
"And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I know nothing about art so I wouldn't of Noticed but this is a great little tribute
    to the Past. -{
    ( I can point this out when I get the Skyfall bluray, to make people think I'm an intellectual ) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    I know nothing about art so I wouldn't of Noticed but this is a great little tribute
    to the Past. -{
    ( I can point this out when I get the Skyfall bluray, to make people think I'm an intellectual ) :))
    MA1080.jpg
    61.jpg

Here is the scene in Dr No

http://screenmusings.org/DrNo/pages/DN_505.htm
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Would having Half of Felix Leiter in the shark tank in TLK
    qualify as a Kind of Damian Hurst tribute. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    perdogg wrote:
    to the Past. -{
    MA1080.jpg
    61.jpg

Here is the scene in Dr No

http://screenmusings.org/DrNo/pages/DN_505.htm

According to the DVD commentaries/featurettes, the theft of Goya's Wellington portrait was so recent and notorious at the time that many Brittons would have instantly recognized it.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....