Re-issue of barbour jacket as official accurate Bond jacket

I just spoke to my contact at Barbour and he confirmed that the infamous Tokito will be re-issued in the autmn/winter collection later on in the year. The jacket will not bear the Japanese designer Tokito's name and is not a re-issue of the original. But will be solely manufactured by Barbour, with the difference being that it will be more accurate to the one seen in the movie. The hood and zips will be removed and not come with the jacket, the cut tapered slightly more around the arms and back. There is talk that it will have a skyfall or 007 tag somewhere within the jacket, possibily on the tag but that is not 100% confirmed yet.

Comments

• NeverSayDieNeverSayDie Posts: 495MI6 Agent
    That's cool news.
  • Chrisy27Chrisy27 Posts: 52MI6 Agent
    That's good news but slightly annoying for the people who bought one now.
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    Chrisy27 wrote:

GREAT NEWS for those of us who don't have one, sucks for those who spent a grand to buy one plus the cost to tailor it. I think that nothing today is limited edition anymore especially when it sells like this jacket did.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    The whole "limited edition" aspect is lost on me anyway... if there is something I really want I could care less if only a few have it.. or if the masses can own it... to me having a jacket doesn't need to come with bragging rights... in the end this is Barbour simply recognizing a demand and adjusting supply.. plus in reality those that are stuck on the limited edition aspect can either go with the claim that they own the original "Tokito" version.. or the 007 labeled version... great news for collectors... shame that Levis and Zara weren't as receptive to this concept !!
  • Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 366MI6 Agent
    alphaagent wrote:
    Chrisy27 wrote:

GREAT NEWS for those of us who don't have one, sucks for those who spent a grand to buy one plus the cost to tailor it. I think that nothing today is limited edition anymore especially when it sells like this jacket did.

I disagree, those who bought the original Tokito, really will have the 'real deal' in terms of this jacket, and those who have altered theirs to match the one on screen will have excatly what DC was wearing - his was altered too!

DC's didn't have a Skyfall tag, why does mine have to?
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    I am, however, curious as to what the projected retail price will be for the Skyfall labeled Barbour jacket will be... that will be the most interesting aspect of that release..
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    We have heard similar rumours like this several months ago from Barbour store staff, believe Mantis wrote to Barbour HQ and they denied that a Skyfall edition would come out.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    alphaagent wrote:
    Chrisy27 wrote:

I disagree, those who bought the original Tokito, really will have the 'real deal' in terms of this jacket, and those who have altered theirs to match the one on screen will have excatly what DC was wearing - his was altered too!

BOOM. And if (when) you (I) leapt early enough, you (I) only paid about 600, plus another 85 for SA tailoring :D
  • Chrisy27Chrisy27 Posts: 52MI6 Agent
    It will be funny if these jackets will be marked up more expensive, esp when you consider they have less fabric! (no hood etc) :))
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Cool, and also annoying for people that did the tweaks themselves. I'm still happy with the original jacket. I think the hood, inner flap etc are all functional, and I like to be able to use those details. This will probably cost a little less I'm thinking, since it will not be a collab with a designer. This will be a "Barbour" jacket, not a Tokito/Barbour jacket, so hopefully that helps keep price down. But adding the "Skyfall" edition may increase slightly. I'm thinking (hoping) around the $350-450 CDN range at the most.
    alphaagent wrote:
    Chrisy27 wrote:

The N peal jumper had a Skyfall tag in it. Besides original Tokito, re-issued jacket. Makes no difference way i see it, if it looks like the jacket in the movie, it fits and you feel good in it. That's the important thing. I am not one of the guys who has the have the boxer shorts Craig wears in the movie. All this attention to detail is too much in my opinion, I want to live parts of my life as I do a bit like Bond not be DC as Bond.
  • B549 WUUB549 WUU Posts: 145MI6 Agent
    I wonder if the demand will be as high when they get round to producing the jacket. I also agree with the earlier comment about labelling. I would rather have the original jacket as opposed to one with 007 embroidered in the label, same as I would rather have a 'classic' Omega as opposed to one that carries 007 and associated logos. It's just my opinion but I find the use of 007 branding on luxury items cheap and shoddy.
    alphaagent wrote:
    The N peal jumper had a Skyfall tag in it.

Not if you bought it before the reissue. Mine does not have a Skyfall tag.
    alphaagent wrote:

I agree with both of you, I have the PO not the tacky 007 etc versions. But in this case it is necessity, as there is no way to get this jacket, the fact is a re-issue is a God send for about 70percent here. So with or without, makes no difference to me, long as the label is on the inside I am happy. It would have been nice to get the jacket early like you guys, but sadly location does not always help in these affairs.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    alphaagent wrote:
    alphaagent wrote:

I agree with both of you, I have the PO not the tacky 007 etc versions. But in this case it is necessity, as there is no way to get this jacket, the fact is a re-issue is a God send for about 70percent here. So with or without, makes no difference to me, long as the label is on the inside I am happy. It would have been nice to get the jacket early like you guys, but sadly location does not always help in these affairs.

Maybe somebody should fire an email off to Barbour about this reissue, wouldnt want people to get hopes up and disappointed etc they denied this last time
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    alphaagent wrote:
    alphaagent wrote:

I was just correcting you about the tag in the N Peal sweater. I don't have a big stake in any of this; I want folks to be able to get the items they want. I'm also not grouchy about having my Barbour altered to be screen accurate. It was part of the fun of it, I guess?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Barbour HQ still denies this.
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    dont really know why but i just cant see them rereleasing the jacket...would just be kind of out of place...
    So alpha's Barbour contact is making stuff up or Mantis' Barbour contact is out of the loop... :s
    I was chatting with Barbour headquarters, not a distributor...regardless, I would take a wait and see approach before anyone counts their chickens...
    Not a distributor, contact that works within Barbour.I wouldn't imagine Hq to eager to confirm it right now, would be counter productive to their sales at the moment and I assume there will be a launch of sorts. Be a bit like calling up Nike off the cuff and asking if they are releasing a New Jordan in their new collection......or eon and asking if judi dench back for 24 :)) Either way I had asked him to source me a jacket from within, so unless he is trying to make me feel better, It sounds a little too elaborate and by some of the comments above, it seems this is not the first other members have heard it before. Having said that David is right, if you can get one now do so, definitely don't count your chickens and definitely don't spend a grand on one on ebay!
    dont really know why but i just cant see them rereleasing the jacket...would just be kind of out of place...
    I would agree, but I think like a few of the others, the response has been such that before the release of Skyf would you have bet that there would be a re-issue of the levis, the tokito, n peal, the bulldog even the setter has remained continuous.
    I don't doubt the re-issue, just the branding of SkyFall around it....
    The Mantis wrote:
    I don't doubt the re-issue, just the branding of SkyFall around it....

can't see it myself, he did say that part wasn't confirmed for sure. In saying that though, I was surprised to see N peal added the tag.
    I think Neville and gang added that without express permission. Like Crockett using skyfall logo without permission etc.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I'm waiting for an answer tomorrow about the changes on the Barbour movement of buttons etc
    Ross
  • ATSATS Posts: 128MI6 Agent
    Are the originals Made in England?
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    ATS wrote:

It appears not as I spoke to Barbour on the phone yesterday and they stated the tokito jackets are not made here
    Ross
  • Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 366MI6 Agent
    alphaagent wrote:

I was just correcting you about the tag in the N Peal sweater. I don't have a big stake in any of this; I want folks to be able to get the items they want. I'm also not grouchy about having my Barbour altered to be screen accurate. It was part of the fun of it, I guess?

I agree, it would be cool of them to re-issue this jacket indeed!

I hope for fellow Bondians they do, but those who already have theirs need not be concerned!

-{
  • ATSATS Posts: 128MI6 Agent
    Thanks Jared. Can anyone else confirm where they are made?

Thanks
    ATS wrote:

It appears not as I spoke to Barbour on the phone yesterday and they stated the tokito jackets are not made here
    Ross