Dr. NO IMAX 3D?

Their is a rumor that Dr. NO will be released in Imax 3D. I would love to see a 4K scan on an Imax screen but not in 3D! The first 3 Bonds are the proper aspect ratio for the Imax screen. Here's the link:

http://m.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-features/69589-original-james-bond-film-may-get-the-imax-3d-treatment

Don't know if I believe this but I would, as I am sure most ajb would as well, love to see a re release of the classic Bond films!

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I wish they'd leave old movies alone. 3d is another fad they try to flog
    every few decades. Imax Is a much more important technological leap
    and looks fantastic.
    At some point you have to stop tinkering with them, or you end up
    with the Lucas treatment with new characters being added to the older
    Bond films. :)) We might get to see a Wookie in Moonraker.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    Their is a rumor that Dr. NO will be released in Imax 3D. I would love to see a 4K scan on an Imax screen but not in 3D! The first 3 Bonds are the proper aspect ratio for the Imax screen. Here's the link:

http://m.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-features/69589-original-james-bond-film-may-get-the-imax-3d-treatment

Don't know if I believe this but I would, as I am sure most ajb would as well, love to see a re release of the classic Bond films!

I saw GF on the BFI Imax a few years ago with Strangways, it was awful. Like watching it on a huge Standard 4:3 TV, with your nose pressed up against the screen, you couldn't process the picture. It was different a week later with OHMSS because that was widescreen. So no, I wouldn't look forward to seeing Dr No at the Imax.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • boundlessrogueboundlessrogue Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    I wish they'd leave old movies alone. 3d is another fad they try to flog
    every few decades. Imax Is a much more important technological leap
    and looks fantastic.
    At some point you have to stop tinkering with them, or you end up
    with the Lucas treatment with new characters being added to the older
    Bond films. :)) We might get to see a Wookie in Moonraker.

Cheers, sir. I raise a glass to that. -{
  • ChromeJobChromeJob Durham, NC USAPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    Has to be the right IMAX screen (and I'm talking real IMAX, not the "IMAX Experience" crap that the greedy IMAX corporation is flogging at local cinemas). The one in Raleigh, NC, is a nice big screen that gives you a good view (unless you're in the front row as I was for Star Trek '09). Sitting just below the projection booth windows is fab.

The older IMAX theater at San Jose's Tech Museum is one of those old domes that you watch a distorted (pillow case effect) image on, while trying not to strain your neck. Seeing THE DARK KNIGHT RISES there ruined the film for me.

Seeing the old films, remastered by Lowry, in 4K and IMAX resolution would be great. Sign me up to see FRWL that way. But in 3D? Nyet.
    20130316-5278_kingston_corvusbond_pussyposter_80x65.png
    “It reads better than it lives.” T. Case
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,566Chief of Staff
    There is another thread also discussing this...so I'll close this one.
    YNWA 97
This discussion has been closed.