1

Topic: buildings seen from rooftop ?

when bond is on the roof with moneypenny at the end of the film , you see big ben and st pauls.. whats the tall squarish building to the right of those?

"some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"

2

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

I think you may be confusing St Pauls with another building as it is in the totally opposite direction from Big Ben and can't possibly appear in the same shot.  In fact you can't really see St Pauls even when Moneypenny is in shot and you are looking in that general direction.  You can see Millennium Bridge.  Big Ben is behind Bond and St Pauls is behind Moneypenny, so I don't know which square building you are talking about.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

3

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

Where is Bond standing?
I would love to go up there and re-create this iconic moment.

4

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

sorry guys i am from up north originally so dont really know london
if you pause it at 2hrs 15 mins 53secs you can see Big Ben a union jack flac and in between the flag and bond is the building i am talking about ..

"some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"

5

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/07/30/article-0-144A6DEA000005DC-700_634x347.jpg

Which one you looking at?

The dome towers belong to the Old War Office Building.  I guess it was these you were mistaking for St Pauls.

Last edited by Asp9mm (3rd Mar 2013 15:31)

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

6

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

Strangeways wrote:

Where is Bond standing?
I would love to go up there and re-create this iconic moment.

It's the Department for Energy & Climate Change (DECC) building.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Environment/Pix/columnists/2011/2/7/1297088669020/Department-for-Energy-and-006.jpg

Last edited by Asp9mm (3rd Mar 2013 15:33)

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

7

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

Bond is looking towards the west (where the sun sets ) i dont know if that was deliberate
You can see ST STEPHENS tower( its not big ben thats the bell,sorry to be picky nor is it a union jack that only applies to
the flag when flown on  HM warship) at the end of the green roofed MOD building
in Whitehall.The slightly foggy square building is the British gas  HQ its bang opposite the MI6
building on the north shore of the Thames ,So i think Bond is looking towards home for comfort
ie the office, or it could just be a big coincedence ?

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

8

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

Asp9mm wrote:
Strangeways wrote:

Where is Bond standing?
I would love to go up there and re-create this iconic moment.

It's the Department for Energy & Climate Change (DECC) building.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Environment/Pix/columnists/2011/2/7/1297088669020/Department-for-Energy-and-006.jpg

Is there public access up there?
I am guessing they have been inundated!!

9

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

always shaken wrote:

Bond is looking towards the west (where the sun sets ) i dont know if that was deliberate
You can see ST STEPHENS tower( its not big ben thats the bell,sorry to be picky nor is it a union jack that only applies to
the flag when flown on  HM warship) at the end of the green roofed MOD building
in Whitehall.The slightly foggy square building is the British gas  HQ its bang opposite the MI6
building on the north shore of the Thames ,So i think Bond is looking towards home for comfort
ie the office, or it could just be a big coincedence ?

All correct, except the foggy building is Millbank Tower, and Bond is looking almost dead South.

10

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

Strangeways wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:
Strangeways wrote:

Where is Bond standing?
I would love to go up there and re-create this iconic moment.

It's the Department for Energy & Climate Change (DECC) building.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Environment/Pix/columnists/2011/2/7/1297088669020/Department-for-Energy-and-006.jpg

Is there public access up there?
I am guessing they have been inundated!!

There is no public access.

11

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

Has anybody cross-checked the locations of those buildings relative to eachother, and found out where the new MI6 HQ is?

12

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

The new MI6 building at Vauxhall will be right opposite the Millbank Tower, which HoldCommand says is the foggy building dead ahead of 007 facing due south.

The Millbank Tower has now been demolished to make way for new flats on the north side of Vauxhall Bridge.

13

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

Strangeways wrote:

The new MI6 building at Vauxhall will be right opposite the Millbank Tower, which HoldCommand says is the foggy building dead ahead of 007 facing due south.

The Millbank Tower has now been demolished to make way for new flats on the north side of Vauxhall Bridge.

The demolition work must have been undertaken quite recently.  I was there for a function in November 2012.  There is (was) a function suite at the top of the tower with a wonderful view of the city.  I'm surprised the Mayor allowed the demolition of an iconic structure.

14

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

B549 WUU wrote:
Strangeways wrote:

The new MI6 building at Vauxhall will be right opposite the Millbank Tower, which HoldCommand says is the foggy building dead ahead of 007 facing due south.

The Millbank Tower has now been demolished to make way for new flats on the north side of Vauxhall Bridge.

The demolition work must have been undertaken quite recently.  I was there for a function in November 2012.  There is (was) a function suite at the top of the tower with a wonderful view of the city.  I'm surprised the Mayor allowed the demolition of an iconic structure.

Millbank tower has NOT been demolished, in fact it is still very much standing.

15

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

GussGriswold wrote:

Has anybody cross-checked the locations of those buildings relative to eachother, and found out where the new MI6 HQ is?

I don't understand the question, in the Bond unviserse the Vauxhall Cross HQ is partially destroyed, we are to assume the new MI6 HQ (where Mallory's current office is) is in the building which Bond is atop (the DECC).

16

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

Hold Command wrote:
B549 WUU wrote:
Strangeways wrote:

The new MI6 building at Vauxhall will be right opposite the Millbank Tower, which HoldCommand says is the foggy building dead ahead of 007 facing due south.

The Millbank Tower has now been demolished to make way for new flats on the north side of Vauxhall Bridge.

The demolition work must have been undertaken quite recently.  I was there for a function in November 2012.  There is (was) a function suite at the top of the tower with a wonderful view of the city.  I'm surprised the Mayor allowed the demolition of an iconic structure.

Millbank tower has NOT been demolished, in fact it is still very much standing.

Thanks for clarifying. I was suprised at the comment that it had been demolished.

17

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

Hold Command wrote:
GussGriswold wrote:

Has anybody cross-checked the locations of those buildings relative to eachother, and found out where the new MI6 HQ is?

I don't understand the question, in the Bond unviserse the Vauxhall Cross HQ is partially destroyed, we are to assume the new MI6 HQ (where Mallory's current office is) is in the building which Bond is atop (the DECC).

That is certainly what is alluded to in the end scenes.  M's office is no longer located within the MI6 building.  It could be that only the 00 section has moved and Mallory is head of it.  That would certainly tie in with MI6 black ops reality like 'The Increment' for example.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

18

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

Hi all

I am coming to London at the end of the month and would love to visit some of the places in London. If its not too much trouble can someone who knows the city give me a fools guide where to find the following sights for photo ops ???

The real MI6 building
Building where M visits Mallory for the first time
New digs - know these are just gates but cool all the same
Court entrance at Westminster

Sure I can find Temple tube station ok !!!

Cheers in advance


M

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

19

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

007JBDCMWR wrote:

Hi all

I am coming to London at the end of the month and would love to visit some of the places in London. If its not too much trouble can someone who knows the city give me a fools guide where to find the following sights for photo ops ???

The real MI6 building
Building where M visits Mallory for the first time
New digs - know these are just gates but cool all the same
Court entrance at Westminster

Sure I can find Temple tube station ok !!!

Cheers in advance


M



PM sent

20

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

Hi all

Got a spare hour or so on Sunday (providing the boys all get up early)

Want to get some pics outside the new digs gates / Whitehall court scene

Anyone remember the exact locations, think they were id'd somewhere in the forums but searches don't come up ?

Also going to MI6 building / Temple / Westminster tube but got that sussed


Also, thanks Gary for offer and will defo give you a bell when we are down again and have more time

Cheers

M

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

21

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

New digs entrance is the entrance to a car park opposite smithfields market.

The gates aren't there I don't think.

As for the hearing I think I remember someone saying it was the ministry of agriculture but that might be utter balls.

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

22

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/42561/good-to-be-back/

I was there it looks a bit different...

The name is Bond, James Bond...

23

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

Thanks guys

We had a fun couple of hours, discovered its a nice sort of straight walk between a lot of cool places......

MI6 building / Station door (DAD) / Westminster tube station exit (video is hilarious) Energy building (but not rooftop) / Trafalgar Square / National Gallery (stealth mode to get a pic in there on the bench with pic behind us) / M's house after trip to TF Sloane St !!!

M

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

24

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

Hold Command wrote:
always shaken wrote:

Bond is looking towards the west (where the sun sets ) i dont know if that was deliberate
You can see ST STEPHENS tower( its not big ben thats the bell,sorry to be picky nor is it a union jack that only applies to
the flag when flown on  HM warship) at the end of the green roofed MOD building
in Whitehall.The slightly foggy square building is the British gas  HQ its bang opposite the MI6
building on the north shore of the Thames ,So i think Bond is looking towards home for comfort
ie the office, or it could just be a big coincedence ?

All correct, except the foggy building is Millbank Tower, and Bond is looking almost dead South.

In fact the shot is directly South (looking from horseguards towards Big Ben) but Bond is LOOKING west, so always shaken you are correct

25

Re: buildings seen from rooftop ?

Hello Raging bullfuzz (great name, by the way), but you've already registered with us twice. We don't allow multiple identities here so I'm afraid it's also goodbye.

8 songs done, 3 in various stages of disarray for next album!