Memorabilia-this weekend-16/17 March NEC Birmingham

Another Memorabilia show at the NEC Birmingham UK this weekend 16/17 march.
It's combined with Comic Con on a joint ticket at £10 but £10 parking also.

Bond ladies include Honor Blackman, Shirley Eaton, Lana Wood, Maryam D'Abo and Madeline Smith.
Also cameraman Alec Mills from Roger Moore films.

There is also Oliver actors, Ron Moody, Mark Lester and Shani Wallis.
and not forgetting Smantha Fox former page 3 girl.

On Sunday there's Dr. Who - Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant (Peri) Fraser Hines and Terry Molloy (who played Davros-Dalek creator.)

Bleuville.

Comments

• NeverSayDieNeverSayDie Posts: 495MI6 Agent
    I'll be there either in my tux or Commander Bond uniform :)

Anyone else from AJB going?

Chris
    Had an amazing day. There was loads of cool Bond stuff!

I met Pussy Galore! She was lovely!
    IMG_8996_zps938fae35.jpg

IMG_9042_zps68d175d4.jpg

My purchases from the day:
    Goldfinger on LP
    YOLT on LP
    The last replica available of Vespers necklace from CR/QoS
    The last pair of Severnaya access key cards from Goldeneye
    A 'The Man with the Golden Gun' mug
    IMG_9041_zps24e325ca.jpg

A few shots from today
    IMG_9036_zps2a3a0710.jpg

Keeping the British end up :)
    IMG_9013_zps1a922b9a.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Dude, you rock. :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Cripes. Public place with a replica firearm. You do realise that you could have been sent down for five years for that. It's just not worth the risk anymore and it's happened to members on this very site too. Saying it's part of the costume won't cut it. All you need is a belligerent rozzer or some OTT member of the public giving them a ring. Then it quickly goes tits up. They don't mess about anymore, it's a very sad sign of the times.

Looks like you had a great time though :D
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Cripes. Public place with a replica firearm. You do realise that you could have been sent down for five years for that.
    Heh, I didn't even think of that! Even an orange tip won't save you!
    I like the brave cosplayers! :v
    edited March 2013
    About replica firearms, it is not illegal to carry a BB gun in public as they are considered 'toys'. However, it is illegal to threaten somebody with a BB gun. Air weapons, air rifles for example, have different laws and it is illegal to carry them about (12 month maximum sentence, I believe). I wouldn't wander about with a BB gun in public though, you will get a caution if the police are called (and those police might be from an armed response unit!), but these UK conventions always inform the police that there will be people with replica firearms so there is never any trouble. You see people with several machine guns and even swords strapped to themselves! I'm a member of a few professional costuming groups and have been attending conventions for 10 years but thanks for your concern, it's perfectly fine :-)

These are a couple of albums of photographs from the weekend. Notice how in every other shot the cosplayers have a sword, gun or machine gun. This also goes for Star Wars cosplay, the Stormtrooper blaster is based on a sterling machine gun.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=487691861294919&set=a.487691527961619.1073741825.163358323728276&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=348999058533112&set=a.348997698533248.1073741827.310186902414328&type=3&theater

I also use replica weapons whilst filming all the time. I'm a professional filmmaker. The important thing is to get an incident number from the police and tell them exactly what you are doing. You should see how many weapons I've used in my showreel! http://www.chrisstonefilms.com/showreel.html

Cheers -{
    Chris
    I also use replica weapons whilst filming all the time. I'm a professional filmmaker. The important thing is to get an incident number from the police and tell them exactly what you are doing. You should see how many weapons I've used in my showreel! http://www.chrisstonefilms.com/showreel.html
    Good to know you aren't likely to get nicked, and here's to you getting a proper Bond gig sooner than later, mate! :007)
    chrisisall wrote:
    Good to know you aren't likely to get nicked, and here's to you getting a proper Bond gig sooner than later, mate! :007)

Thanks chrisisnall. I would love to get the Bond 30 directors gig. I feel I need another 15 years hard work and experience at least to even be considered. It's the job I've dreamed off since I was little and the whole reason I got into filmmaking.
    You only live once so I will give it my very very very best try. I loved every second of making my 007 inspired music video (see:http://www.chrisstonefilms.com/portfoliorebel.html ) and would love to make a real Bond film.

Chris
    I feel I need another 15 years hard work and experience at least to even be considered.
    Pump out some more great shorts, show 'em what you can do with virtually nothing, wow everyone with "Excess within control", and it might not have to be that long.
    The key is not to get sidetracked by 'love' or some such silliness. You cannot make both the public AND a woman happy, as sexist as that sounds. Pick one.