Novelisations of Moonraker and Die Another Day

LastRatStandingLastRatStanding ScotlandPosts: 296MI6 Agent
I've just finished reading Gardner's novelisation of Goldeneye and after thoroughly enjoying I naturally want to make my way through the rest of the Brosnan Novelisations, however, I haven't heard too much about Benson's work apart from that it's not particularly highly recommended. So if anyone could give a more in depth view on his work I'd highly appreciate it! His novelisations of TND, TWINE and DAD are easy to find on ebay for only a few pounds and I'll probably buy them either way but I'm not sure whether to get too excited about it especially TND and TWINE. However DAD as a book intrigues be quite a bit and I get the idea that a novel version of this story could be taken more seriously than the film. Is this the case? Is the way to truly enjoy the DAD story line reading it as opposed to watching it? I'm also intrigued by the Moonraker novelisation by Christopher Wood for the same reason.

Do these two ridiculous Bond films that rank so lowly among most film rankings work as novels? Personally I'm not too much of a fan of either of the films but could possibly gain respect for them in a literary sense if they are done correctly. I'll probably go ahead and buy them and leave reviews here later, but are they anything to get excited about or are they just drivel that will make me dislike the movies even more? Are Benson's novelisations better than Wood's?
Now, they only eat rat.

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    All I can say is that Wood's novelization of TSWLM was stellar.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • LastRatStandingLastRatStanding ScotlandPosts: 296MI6 Agent
    I've got than one already but getting round to reading it is still on my to do list! I'm looking forward to it :007)
    Now, they only eat rat.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    If you like Bond and like reading, read every Bond novel there is! I read the GoldenEye novel in 1996 when it came out and loved it. I have not read the later adaptations of TND e.v.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • davidelliott101davidelliott101 Posts: 165MI6 Agent
    I have the Wood Moonraker novelization and I have to say it was a great read... better than the film itself.
    I have the Wood Moonraker novelization and I have to say it was a great read... better than the film itself.
    Way better!

Exactly what I wanted to hear as I'm not huge on the film! I look forward to reading! How true is it to the story? Exactly or more like 75%?
    Now, they only eat rat.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    I've read the Woods - both good, TSWLM the best. I've also read the LTK, GE and TND novelisations - TND good as it fills in much detail on Elliot Carver in the film version etc. Read them all. Have TWINE ansd DAD but I've yet to read them. :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Exactly what I wanted to hear as I'm not huge on the film! I look forward to reading! How true is it to the story? Exactly or more like 75%?
    About 85%, but skewing things here & there for a more serious take.
    Okay I've just splashed out and bought them all including LTK which I had a few years ago but either sold or lost (Being my favourite Bond film I just have to read that one again) -{ I look forward to reading them all! I'm going through that phase where I just need a break from the films :))
    Now, they only eat rat.