The Gadget you Can't live without.

ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
I only recently got a Samsung Galaxy s basically an i-pad Touch.
Since getting it, I can't imagine life without it. Music, emails, the web.
Just today waiting in the Vets ( Dog need his booster jab) to kill
time I was able to read a chapter of my book on it.
So does anyone else have a gadget or belonging they couldn't do
without. ( I wouldn't include pacemakers etc :)) )
"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Just got round to loading the electronic version of Skyfall. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    I got my first iPhone (4) about a year ago. I had had an iPod Touch for a few years so was very used to how it worked. However, having such good internet on the move feels like it has changed my life. I really couldn't use the internet on my previous phone, apart from a Facebook update I just couldn't see anything properly.
    I now spend my entire morning commute checking and answering emails, sorting through Facebook notifications from my rugby team and being able to read Twitter and online articles, all whilst listening to music.
    It also has a far better camera than any of my previous phones. I still use a proper camera but for those moments when you just want to grab a picture of something it is great. Last summer I snapped my nan in her garden with an ice cream and within minutes my aunt in Australia would be able to see it on Facebook.
    I like not having to wait till I get home to download songs, watch videos or sort through emails. It saves me a lot of time as I can do all these things during my commute and during those spare minutes when I have to wait for someone.

As I said, I am very used to Apple and even more so since getting my iPhone. I find the phone is a bit too small for some things, especially books and articles, so I am getting an iPad mini soon. My phone will still be invaluable though, as I will need to use it to access 3G with my iPad. I will also be more inclined to download tv shows and movies, so may be watching Bond during my commute soon. :)
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent
    Not your vibrator then, FelixLeiter? :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    My Amazon Kindle :)
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent

Drink-spittingly funny :))
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    None.

I have borderline Neo-Luddite tendencies. Techno gadgetry bores me to tears. Most of it just seems expensive and unnecessary. Personally, I have neither need nor desire to be able to access the Web or email from wherever I’m at. If I’m anticipating having to kill time in a waiting room, airport, etc., I bring a book or a magazine or just watch the world go by and lose myself in my own thoughts.

I own exactly four high tech items: an old MacBook, an old digital camera, a used iPod, and a used cell phone. The fanciest thing about my cell phone is text and photo capability. It’s turned on no more than 12 hours a day.

I’m not trying to be obnoxious or purposely contrarian. I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents so that people know that not everyone has embraced the gadgetry craze.
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    None.

I have borderline Neo-Luddite tendencies. Techno gadgetry bores me to tears. Most of it just seems expensive and unnecessary. Personally, I have neither need nor desire to be able to access the Web or email from wherever I’m at. If I’m anticipating having to kill time in a waiting room, airport, etc., I bring a book or a magazine or just watch the world go by and lose myself in my own thoughts.

I own exactly four high tech items: an old MacBook, an old digital camera, a used iPod, and a used cell phone. The fanciest thing about my cell phone is text and photo capability. It’s turned on no more than 12 hours a day.

I’m not trying to be obnoxious or purposely contrarian. I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents so that people know that not everyone has embraced the gadgetry craze.

OH good i thought it was just me ,cant stand these dik heads wandering around London in the rush hour reading their
    bloody kindle books then moaning when they bump into you oh look at me i have such a witty ring tone on my blackberry
    arnt i cool no mate your a cretin grow up
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I'm sure in the past people complained about
    those " nasty cars " . At the moment I'm sitting
    watching TWINE and typing this, is'nt technology
    wonderfull. ;-)
    Sitting today waiting to be called ( Jury service ) I was able to
    Read a couple of chapters of my Book, and watch a bit of Skyfall.
    All thanks to my Pocket Media player. :)) , Only to be told we
    weren't need 8-) , Still it was great to be able to Pass the time
    watching Bond. -{
    I'm sure in the past people complained about
    those " nasty cars " . At the moment I'm sitting
    watching TWINE and typing this, is'nt technology
    wonderfull. ;-)

Yes your absolutley right technology is wonderful
    or we would be still living in caves ,and near where i live im sure some people still do
    its how its put to use/misuse that gets me
    agent always shaken aka boring old g*t over and out
    Any way to get back to the origanal thread set up by agent TP,
    i could not live with out my ICE controls on my steering wheel,
    i can control volume/radio sations/ CD /track listing/track fast forward/backwards
    telephone / all with my thumb and keep my eyes on the road
    i hate driving cars without it ,
    agent always shaken aka flash g*t over and out
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    The computer - mostly because of the internet. The latter being one of the biggest inventions ever, perhaps?
    :))
    Sure without the Internet none of us would be exchanging views
    on all things Bond, and No one would know how Spot on ALL my
    views on Bond are. ;)
    Sure without the Internet none of us would be exchanging views
    on all things Bond, and No one would know how Spot on ALL my
    views on Bond are. ;)

If you imagine say 25-30 years ago ,you told people you could communicate with people
    all over the world from D.C N.Y L.A LONDON, OZ ect ect in real time from the comfort of your arm chair
    im sure they would have called you stupid ,it certainley is the greatest invention of our time
    talking of wich ,time travel is where my monies on,??
    Now that Prof Stephen Hawking has said that
    He believes "Time Travel" is a possibility, Who Knows ? :))
    Now that Prof Stephen Hawking has said that
    He believes "Time Travel" is a possibility, Who Knows ? :))

i will let you into a secret.Millwall won the F.A. cup in 2047,they beat premier
    legue champions ,Halifax Town 2-1 ,and Romeo Beckham scoring both goals, :s
    Say it ain't so, always shaken. I thought by 2045
    Rollerball would be the national game. :))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff

It is....that's why Millwall won...they've had a headstart as they've been playing that way for years already {:)
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

It is....that's why Millwall won...they've had a headstart as they've been playing that way for years already {:)

• FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

cheeky :))

I don't have the guts to go into Ann Summers ;%
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

cheeky :))

I don't have the guts to go into Ann Summers ;%

Sweetie, Ann Summers is way overpriced....that's what the internet is for :v

My gadget is most def my phone....in fact I've just upgraded, today to the new HTC 1, take possession of it Monday, and I can't WAIT ;)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 386MI6 Agent
    Butler Creek AR-15 magazine loader,,,my old arthritic fingers can't do it anymore....I have one for my Glock also:
    18302.jpg
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:

My gadget is most def my phone....in fact I've just upgraded, today to the new HTC 1, take possession of it Monday, and I can't WAIT ;)

Now look who's sneaking in here.

Welcome, Lexi! How are things with you?
    We'll be in Southhampton the 8th June, any chance to meet you there and check out your new HTC in person?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Now look who's sneaking in here.

Welcome, Lexi! How are things with you?
    We'll be in Southhampton the 8th June, any chance to meet you there and check out your new HTC in person?

Hello Marcus....Yeh I've been just checking on here every now and then...not much seems to change, and all the seeming loathing for the new Bond films make Lexi very sad, so best just not to bother... :#

Anyway, as for your question...a friend of mine is partaking in a tough mudder race that Sat, and Im hoping to go a support...but not sure on details. Why not pm me your details, and we can go from there! :D
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    @Lexi

I have left you a pm and a forum email - no reply.
    Please check your boxes :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    no ones mentioned the television remote control
    now wheres mine, aaarrrggghhh 8-)
    Yes, "The TV remote", My Precious I keep one on each arm of the Chair
    so I look like Cpt Kirk. :))
    I'm begining to get screen envy. My little Samsung S's 4 inches
    just doesn't impress me anymore. I'm hoping to get my hands
    on Ten inches at the weekend. :))
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    back up, portable phone charger. BEST THING EVEEERRR when one is running around a convention, or renaissance festival or anywhere, when one's phone starts to die and there are no outlets.
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    I'm begining to get screen envy. My little Samsung S's 4 inches
    just doesn't impress me anymore. I'm hoping to get my hands
    on Ten inches at the weekend. :))

Sorry mate...think I'll have to cancel this weekend ;%

Mobiles are getting too big now...they don't fit easily into your pockets anymore :#
    YNWA 97