Bond 24 leading ladies (thanks Lexi)

Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
edited June 2013 in SPECTRE - Bond 24 (2015)
Forgive me as I think someone started a thread a while back, it i can't find it.

My top choices :

Kate Beckinsale
Jennifer Garner
Jessica Chastain
Olivia Wilde ( has already starred with DC once!)
Zoe Saldana
Gal Gadot

Sorry, am I obviously dribbling? :#
"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Comments

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Well, if the daily Mail is correct, then it's Penelope Cruz! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2334541/Penelope-Cruz-oldest-Bond-girl-stars-24th-film-aged-40.html

(and I think you meant leading ladies....not leaving :)) )
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:

Gotta love predictive texting! Unless it was a Freudian slip! :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Maybe this is the new twist in the Bond 24 script.
    Bond has made a big lifestyle choice and is Leaving the Ladies. :))

It's easilly done, On my mobile a couple of days ago I spelt
    The Shining as The Shinning. :)) ( Big Fingers )
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    Well, if the daily Mail is correct, then it's Penelope Cruz! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2334541/Penelope-Cruz-oldest-Bond-girl-stars-24th-film-aged-40.html

I was just about to come to this thread to say how much I wanted Keira Knightley to be a bond girl, and now I read this? Penelope Cruz? First 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' does this to me, and now this!
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    You got to wonder how reliable this source is when they say Goldfinger came out in 1962....
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Goldfinger came out in 62 ? was he outed by Stonewall. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    No wonder Bond thought he sounded like a French nail varnish :))

Penelope Cruz would be great - the Bonds have a long history of versatile and accomplished actresses as leading ladies such as Sophie Marceau, Halle Berry... All the way back to Diana Rigg.

And bearing in mind who her husband is, perhaps it's a continuation of Skyfall after all...

Keira Knightly, Penelope Cruz and Naomi Harris... Now all we need is an appearance by Captain Jack :s
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I wasn't aware that there was even a first draft completed of the script, so is it likely that they'd be working on casting yet?
    Well, this is more of a wish list, Domino Effect.

Though if you read The james Bond quote conversation in the Trivia section, you'll see we have a pretty good script going already... :))
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I'd like to see either Leslie-Ann Brandt or Katrina Law, both of the Spartacus series.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,764MI6 Agent
    Well, this is more of a wish list, Domino Effect.

Though if you read The james Bond quote conversation in the Trivia section, you'll see we have a pretty good script going already... :))

There is a script in some form ready. Morten Tyldum, director of "Headhunters", was contacted by Broccoli and Wilson some time ago. Among other things he was shown a script for Bond 24.
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

I was just about to come to this thread to say how much I wanted Keira Knightley to be a bond girl, and now I read this? Penelope Cruz? First 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' does this to me, and now this!

If it's not an early "silly-season" rumour, then I think it all smacks of nepotism.
    Javier asks the producers "Can my wife join in as well?!"
    Why not bring in the whole Bardem family and relatives.

It all shows a lack of imagination. Repeat again because it was sucessful.
    If we have Mendes, are we stuck with Newman for the music, whereas I want to see David Arnold return.?

The films are much better with a cast of relative unknowns so you don't associate them with other parts.
    Like Bernice Marlohe an interesting newcomer.

Bleuville.
    Can only be a matter of time before Idris Elba gets a mention as the
    new Bond girl. :))
    Can only be a matter of time before Idris Elba gets a mention as the
    new Bond girl. :))

Thanks for ruining my next suggestion, spoilsport! :))
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Penelope Cruz seems fairly certain. Also, interesting that she's supposed to be shooting next summer. Are we going to get a summer 2015 Bond?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/jun/03/penelope-cruz-bond-girl-sam-mendes
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Penelope Cruz seems fairly certain. Also, interesting that she's supposed to be shooting next summer. Are we going to get a summer 2015 Bond?

If this is true, then I think it's time for "The Property Of A Lady". With Cruz being an 'older' bond girl, TPOAL would seem to be a suitable title methinks
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    This.is great news if it means we get a film sooner rather than later. :-)
  • CunoCuno UKPosts: 31MI6 Agent
    I see Penelope Cruz is even in the running now as the Oldest Bond Girl, according to the Sunday newspapers.
    Made of sterner stuff.
    Surley, that would be Dame Judi. :-)
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Bleuville wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

If it's not an early "silly-season" rumour, then I think it all smacks of nepotism.
    Javier asks the producers "Can my wife join in as well?!"
    Why not bring in the whole Bardem family and relatives.

It all shows a lack of imagination. Repeat again because it was sucessful.
    If we have Mendes, are we stuck with Newman for the music, whereas I want to see David Arnold return.?

The films are much better with a cast of relative unknowns so you don't associate them with other parts.
    Like Bernice Marlohe an interesting newcomer.

Bleuville.

It does feels bit cosy, but I like the idea of an age appropriate leading lady.
    Although I wonder if this will.be as true as
    Simon Russell Beale to be in Skyfall.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Just going to mention this, not sure if means anything. I noticed on the Yahoo main page that Bond Girl was in the trending now box. Nothing specific is mentioned in the link. Just this page comes up:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?cs=bz&p=Bond%20girl&fr=fp-tts-656&fr2=ps

Wonder why today Bond Girl was in the trending now section.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Might be everyone at AJB checking out the story. :-)
    I wonder when the old story " first nude love scene
    in a Bond film " will pop up again.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Surley, that would be Dame Judi. :-)

Nah, you forgot Her Madge QEII. :D
    How could I forget. ;% I'll be sent to the tower. :))
  • IA-SteveBIA-SteveB IowaPosts: 62MI6 Agent
    Cruz was pretty much confirmed as the next Bond girl on Good Morning America Monday.
    IMHO, P cruz Looks fantastic and she can Act. So it's a win, win for the series.
    She is also more age appropriate, I for one am glad to see an Older actress
    staring along side Bond. -{
    IMHO, P cruz Looks fantastic and she can Act. So it's a win, win for the series.
    She is also more age appropriate, I for one am glad to see an Older actress
    staring along side Bond. -{

+1
    Gala Brand wrote:

Not so fast!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/04/penelope-cruz-bond-girl_n_3383074.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,210Chief of Staff
    Gala Brand wrote:

Not so fast!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/04/penelope-cruz-bond-girl_n_3383074.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment

:(