If QOS had improved film/scene editing................?

Would it have been vastly better ? The editing in that film is sooooo annoying, everything else seems pretty good (except for the theme song and lightweight villian.....Why can Bond take out 3 large trained agents while handcuffed, yet have trouble with Greene swinging a big axe ?)

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,588Chief of Staff
    Nope...the film is excellent as it is - including the theme song -{
    YNWA 97
  • UltimateTruthUltimateTruth Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Another question; Is "Sir Miles" Marc Forster ?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Better editing would've helped, along with some more character development.
    Use the Bassey song fir the theme and get DK to redo the titles. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ZorinIndustriesZorinIndustries United StatesPosts: 837MI6 Agent
    Yes!
    "Better luck next time... slugheads!"

1. GoldenEye 2. Goldfinger 3. Skyfall 4. OHMSS 5. TWINE
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    Gotta agree. The angle changes every second loses any fluidity for the action sequences. I enjoy most parts of the story and dialogue. I agree the villain is one of the weakest in the series, but the movie would be much better with better pacing/editing to the action scenes.
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Bad luck M!

I agree with the others. In my Bond marathon QoS was the one I saw as potential hard work. Using slow play on all the action sequences reveals a completely different film. (See my full post in the "How I learned to love the reboot" thread.)

It still has its flaws, but from what I was able to discern a better director and a much better editor would have made it a more cohesive film. To me though, it would still be behind Skyfall and CR-06 due to the Quantum big picture plotline.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    I loved the way QoS was filmed and edited. It had an intense you-are-there feel. I consider the opening car chase the most dramatic in the series.

For what it's worth, I also think Greene was a great villain and I love the theme song.
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
  • UltimateTruthUltimateTruth Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    I love the theme song.
    I will accept all of your observations with the exception of this one
  • FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    I loved the way QoS was filmed and edited. It had an intense you-are-there feel. I consider the opening car chase the most dramatic in the series.

QoS rocks. I like it the most of DC's 3 Bond films so far.
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Another question; Is "Sir Miles" Marc Forster ?

No....I'm Jack White :D
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    really, Sah Mahles ? :v

Last time that I have seen you, you looked more like that:
    p-ugly-celeb-guys-p06.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,344Chief of Staff
    Bondtoys wrote:

:)) :)) :))
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    No amount of editing and cunning use of slow play would change the fact that the villain is completely nonthreatening and uninteresting and his dastardly plot was to make a small profit by monopolising some of the water in a less economically developed country. Major teeeed!

I keep ragging on Quantum but actually I only saw it once... perhaps I should do it the credit of giving it another go, but then that would require me to pay money for a copy of it on DVD which I am loathed to do! :))

JediM
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.

I keep ragging on Quantum but actually I only saw it once... perhaps I should do it the credit of giving it another go, but then that would require me to pay money for a copy of it on DVD which I am loathed to do! :))

I was disappointed in QoS in theatres, though it did get better in the 2nd half. However, since watching it at home I've come to like it more and more* so I'd certainly suggest you give it a try on DVD.

(* except for that song, of course.

Should've been
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAHu_ZKWcCQ)
    Bondtoys wrote:

How would you know ? You had your eyes closed at the time ;%

:p
    YNWA 97
    yeah, was busy keeping my food inside :))

Barbel wrote:
    I was disappointed in QoS in theatres, though it did get better in the 2nd half. However, since watching it at home I've come to like it more and more* so I'd certainly suggest you give it a try on DVD.

(* except for that song, of course.

Should've been
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAHu_ZKWcCQ)

Nah...nice enough song and all that...but it doesn't convey what QoS is about...
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

Nah...nice enough song and all that...but it doesn't convey what QoS is about...

Good morning, Mr Bond... I've been expecting you. Take off your earmuffs and have a seat..... :D
    edited July 2013
    Sir Miles wrote:

I absolutely agree!
    I can hear Dame Shirley's song without getting sick B-)

Barbel wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Good morning, Mr Bond... I've been expecting you. Take off your earmuffs and have a seat..... :D

Why....have you been playing the Beatles ? :D
    YNWA 97
    Yes... We won 4-0 but they said they'd get back, with a little help from their friends.
    Barbel wrote:
    Yes... We won 4-0 but they said they'd get back, with a little help from their friends.

Maybe....but...you won't see me....
    YNWA 97
    Cos you're a nowhere man?

(I think we played this game a few years ago....)
    More a fool on the hill...

We did indeed...great days :D
    YNWA 97
    You can't do that!

(Yes, until Napoleon stopped us... :( )
    Wasn't it just the...two of us...?....

(yea....darn Nap :( ).....
    YNWA 97
    Tell me why.

(Wonder how long it'll be before he notices)
    Do you want to know a secret...?...

(should be soon...ish)....
    YNWA 97
    Tell me what you see.

(If he's not out tonight)
    Lucy in the sky with diamonds....

(he may have a ticket to ride)....
    YNWA 97