Technical Problems 26th July 2013

BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
AJB suffered a server problem this morning which has caused difficulties with accessing threads, posting, etc for the last twelve hours.
Our administrator SiCo was able to free some time from his schedule and sort things out. Hopefully that's us back to normal. Apologies for any inconvenience caused, and thanks to SiCo.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    -{ Great news {[]

I thought the shock of Sir Miles agreeing with someone had crashed the whole system. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,414Chief of Staff
    I thought the shock of Sir Miles agreeing with someone had crashed the whole system. :))

Me ! Agree with someone ? That's a downright dirty lie, Sir ! X-(

Unless its about how good QoS is :007)

:p

Thanks to Barbel for holding the fort -{
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:

Thanks to Barbel for holding the fort -{

You're welcome. {[]
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    I had a testicle problem once, not nice :D
    Drive you nuts, did it?
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))

yeah sort of :))
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Thank goodness for that, I thought me accesing images of the Swedish Olympic naked leap frog team
    had infected my PC :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    As mentioned unfortunately the server went down, causing the database to lock up. Unfortunately when the server came back online again the database didn't recover. It has now been checked and appears to be running as normal.
    Simon
    That problem with doubleposting seems to have stopped, and so have the error messages- at least no-one has reported any in over 24 hours.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    SiCo's back?

Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please, Favourite films feature please!

Sorry about that {:)
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like the problem with multiple line posting has been fixed, nor the going off topic bug! ;) I am currently here from a technical point of view only and I will be working on the above. - I have said that before though! ;%
    Simon
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    SiCo wrote:
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like the problem with multiple line posting has been fixed, nor the going off topic bug! ;) I am currently here from a technical point of view only and I will be working on the above. - I have said that before though! ;%

lol no problem Si
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    SiCo wrote:
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like the problem with multiple line posting has been fixed, nor the going off topic bug! ;)

That's Bondtoys fault. All the time. It's been nearly ten years I've been emailing you every week and you still haven't banned him 8-)
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    SiCo wrote:
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like the problem with multiple line posting has been fixed, nor the going off topic bug! ;)

That's Bondtoys fault. All the time. It's been nearly ten years I've been emailing you every week and you still haven't banned him 8-)

Ah dearest bumtoys, the jar-jar binx of AJB.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

hehehe, obviously SiCo has a private ignore function and you are on the very top of it :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    We had some technical problems last night, owing to maintenance which took longer than expected, so the site was inaccessible for some time. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
    I hope the AJB computer boffins, don't have to work under the conditions of
    Boris Grishenko, With a big solder standing over them. :D
    When I told my wife that AJB had gone down on me, She said Really, it's
    Amazing what they can do with modern technology. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    AJB's downtime was horrible for me yesterday!!!

When I've told my wife that AJB was down, she opened a bottle of champagne and asked me to the bedroom :s

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Yes, I thought it must have been down as it wasn't loading. Good to see AJB back up again though. Thanks to those who worked hard to bring it online again. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    Ah & here's me thinking it was all the work I'd been doing from the "Teach yourself computer hacking" by Spectre publishing inc.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Ah & here's me thinking it was all the work I'd been doing from the "Teach yourself computer hacking" by Spectre publishing inc.

Silva's Ghost was most likely to blame for this! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I'm afraid we seem to have had more technical gremlins earlier this morning, cause as yet unknown. If anyone's had difficulties logging in, etc, please report them in this thread.
    I could not access AJB this morning for 1 hour.

I too had problems for a while, but everything's fine now.
    I guess, Sir Miles went to the loo and flipped the wrong switch 8-)

He has a switch ........ Down there ? :o :D
    :)) :)) :))

Higgins wrote:
    I guess, Sir Miles went to the loo and flipped the wrong switch 8-)

No...I'm not a 'flush toilet' - just a bucket in the corner :o
    YNWA 97
    ... With a switch? B-)

Higgins wrote:
    ... With a switch? B-)

It has a handle.... ;%
    YNWA 97