Help finding a peacoat

Hi everybody.

I'm looking for a peacoat to be prepared for the cold Autumn days and evenings in Bond style.
I really fancy the BR peacoat, but alas, my budget (or to be more truthful, my conscience) does not allow me to buy it.

I've tried searching for alternatives both on this site (where I mostly find dead links) and on the mighty Internet without luck. Therefore I come to you knowledgable classic clothing experts to get help ;)

I'm NOT looking for an exact copy of the BR coat. I can completely live with the fact that it is not screen accurate down to every detail, but I'm pretty sure I want the following features:

Slim collar - I want it to stand up and not lie flat down, which often is the case with the collars as broad as an average man's torso :D
Black color
Slim fit
3 buttons so I can close the middle one
Length-wise to end around middle of the bum or an inch or two higher

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    Hej Jacob...
    Jeg ville smutte ned til det nærmenste mili overskudslager og købe en sømands jakke der - koster nok ca. 500 kr... de er super flotte... ellers ville jeg vente og se hvornår H&M kommer med deres efterårs jakker... de havde noget som lignede sidste vinter...

-{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    ?:) børk børk børk :D

Swedish_poser.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the advice ics. Let's take in it English from now on, perhaps others can use your information ;)

Translation of ics' reply:

"I'd head down to the nearest military surplus store and buy a peacoat there - they're around $100... They are very nice... Otherwise I'd wait till H&M launch their Autumn collection - they had something similar last Winter."
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent