Skyfall Sign

One of my parents neighbours was a set designer on Skyfall and after filming the producers let him keep the sign. He has recently added it to the front of his house. Pretty Cool!

sky1.jpg

sky2.jpg

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Given the high abduction rate of garden gnomes in the UK, I'm surprised that sign's still there!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    nice pic, you better make sure that Donk is not passing by and take the sign :D

This is better in the mem&coll. section btw.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Crazy bugger :))
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    They better get it insured!
    Of course, maybe the story has lost something in translation and this is an advance still from Bond 24 in which James Bond - as a result of the 2015 UK Government Shutdown that came from as a result of financial repercussions of the 2013 US Government Shutdown - has been put on furlough and has moved into May's house in one of Glasgow's less salubrious neighbourhoods.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Address please? :D
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,270MI6 Agent
    I'm already on Google Earth with various tool type devices & my cheque book on standby :D
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    I'm already on Google Earth with various tool type devices & my cheque book on standby :D

Yes I can imagine what device you are using :))
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent
    Excellent thinking, get him isolated. Send him on the A9. It's a direct route. You can monitor his progress more accurately and confirm it with the traffic cameras.
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • esseUKesseUK EnglandPosts: 53MI6 Agent
    I just hope someone lets the fella know how important that sign is. 8-)
    "It's time to get out"
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    esseUK wrote:

It won't be to him. It's just a job and you'd be surprised what the prop guys throw away. They know there is a collectors market, but that's not important to them. They think people that buy the stuff are nuts. Props are very rarely as good as they look on screen. I know someone with a screen used 1992 Batmobile in their garden rotting away. They can sell it, but they like it where it is as it's a talking point at barbeques :))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    esseUK wrote:

It won't be to him. It's just a job and you'd be surprised what the prop guys throw away. They know there is a collectors market, but that's not important to them. They think people that buy the stuff are nuts. Props are very rarely as good as they look on screen. I know someone with a screen used 1992 Batmobile in their garden rotting away. They can sell it, but they like it where it is as it's a talking point at barbeques :))

Well, it's clearly important enough to him that he has it wired up to an alarm...
    Asp9mm wrote:
    esseUK wrote:

Well, it's clearly important enough to him that he has it wired up to an alarm...

Not that important if it's outside two feet from the road and any alarm at three in the morning would just tell you it was nicked and heading away at speed rather than preventing any theft. personally, I too hang my valuables by the front door in the vain hope they won't be nicked or vandalised. Looks more like a light than an alarm anyway.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    I think your friend might be pulling your leg a little bit - a Google search reveals the sign was auctioned off at Christies and the pic of it shows that its a bit different from the one your friend has...
    image.jpg

Still a cool item though! B-)
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I think your friend might be pulling your leg a little bit - a Google search reveals the sign was auctioned off at Christies and the pic of it shows that its a bit different from the one your friend has...
    image.jpg

Indeed, a 'real' skyfall plaque and someone sticks it by the front door in front if them classy wheely bins? Perhaps by using the wrong typeface, material, size and by colouring the letters white, this chap has cunningly disguised the genuine article for a jokey made piss take, hoping that it'll be less desirable to any light fingered tea leaves.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Mileham007Mileham007 Posts: 103MI6 Agent
    I will ask the neighbour more aboubt it, when I see him next.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Mileham007 wrote:
    I will ask the neighbour more aboubt it, when I see him next.

Just get some brown paint and paint out the bottom horizontal line of the first L :D
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Mileham007Mileham007 Posts: 103MI6 Agent
    To be fair the neighbour is in his 50's, i doubt he could be bothered to make up a fake sign then put it up outside his house!
    image.jpg

That was a copy of the sign. They made a few copies for charity auctions and made backups for production too.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    image.jpg

^^^Not copy, and not sign on dude's house^^^
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent
    If you neighbor is interested, please let me know and I'll put them in touch with two collectors of Batman vehicles... thanks. :)
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    A recent addition to the Thunderpussy Love pad.

skyfall_sign_mobile.jpg

I might not make the Sky fall, But I can make the earth Move. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Lmfao :))
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    A recent addition to the Thunderpussy Love pad.

skyfall_sign_mobile.jpg

I might not make the Sky fall, But I can make the earth Move. :))

CGI is amazing these days, it looked so much bigger on the big screen. :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Presumably that's the caravan that Bond is living in after the destruction of his ancestral home.
  • esseUKesseUK EnglandPosts: 53MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    esseUK wrote:

Yes your right, it's a shame they don't have more control over the film props, it would be good to give the true collectors a chance to own a few pieces, I'm sure they would make a tidy sum.
    "It's time to get out"
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Excellent thinking, get him isolated. Send him on the A9. It's a direct route. You can monitor his progress more accurately and confirm it with the traffic cameras.

It's assumed that Bond tells Q where he's going, because, as he says, the DB5 does not have a tracker.
    Q can only do a "breadcrumb" trail if he knows the destination, and as far as we know it's not mentioned.

How did Tanner not see Bond in the driver seat of the Jaguar in London when he opens the door for M ?

Why didn't Bond get some backup from MI6 instead of relying on a shotgun? Not very good planning.

You just have to suspnd disbelief ! (I did see Skyfall 6 times in the cinema-so I'm a long time fan.)
    Bleuville.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    Q does know where Bond is going as does Tanner and Mallory.
    Up the A9! It's on the map behind him.

Tanner would've assumed that the driver of M's Jag was the duty driver.

Bond didn't want others in MI6 to know as they'd been compromised and he wanted to change the game plan.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Back to the topic ...

There is someone offering "replicas" (and I use the term loosely):
    http://www.brandomackproductions.com/skyfall-sign

Skyfall2_zps9491861c.png

You can order directly (if you don't care about accuracy) or he lists them on eBay. Sad, really, it's such a simple piece and wouldn't take much to make a correct one.
  • RedDawn289RedDawn289 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    edited February 2016
    Has anyone replicated these at all? The only company I could find was this

http://www.tinkervise.com/collections/replica-props/products/skyfall-sign-prop-reproduction

It says S150 primed and $200 painted. It doesn't looks like they have a picture of the painted one though.