Any ajb meetings?

Lots of other sites (not bond) do meetings in pubs, annual picnic, that sort of thing. Have there ever been any plans to do a meet for this site? I don't post as much as other people but I must admit, the sight of a pub full of people talking/arguing about Bond would be a sight to behold!

Comments

• Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Agreed. I'm always happy to host events on this side of the Pond. Besides the British-theme pub and 60's retro-theme pub on the upcoming James Bond cruise, I'm hosting an event soon in Florida with martinis in a room filled with rare books and toys...
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • jamesm123jamesm123 LondonPosts: 182MI6 Agent
    Any plans for any UK meetings? Not a photo signing, or cruise just Bond fans meeting to have drinks and discuss the nitty gritty so to speak.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,518Chief of Staff
    jamesm123 wrote:
    Any plans for any UK meetings? Not a photo signing, or cruise just Bond fans meeting to have drinks and discuss the nitty gritty so to speak.

Not sure of any at the moment...but a few have got together in the past...a few met only a couple of weeks ago...in London too...its easier to meet up when 'something' is happening...AJB has members far and wide and it can be difficult to set up a meet because of this...
    YNWA 97
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Nice idea but organising that sort of thing is quite hard, I'd be interested should anyone ever put something together
  • The LimeyThe Limey Kent , EnglandPosts: 60MI6 Agent
    Well Chaps , I'm in North Kent , and would love to have a beer and chat about Bond !!
    In fact , the ''Duck Inn'' (Flemings Favourite pub) is only half an hour from here . A meet up of like minded locals would be a great way to get by until the next film :)
    The Limey wrote:
    Well Chaps , I'm in North Kent , and would love to have a beer and chat about Bond !!
    In fact , the ''Duck Inn'' (Flemings Favourite pub) is only half an hour from here . A meet up of like minded locals would be a great way to get by until the next film :)

Ahh at Petts Bottom :)
    I'm up in Hampstead in north London but I've always wanted to see the duck inn. I was planning on doing the Bond driving tour of Kent (taking in the Moonraker book areas) at some point.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Who would want to meet a bunch of tossers like you lot :v :D
    I hope you downloaded the online guide and map (see below) from the ''Visit Kent'' website ? http://www.visitkent.co.uk/james-bond . Don't forget the ''Goldfinger'' route too !!
    The Duck Inn is a great place for lunch and a pint , and you could drive both routes in a day , if you start early . At least once a week , I drive past Manston, Dover , Maidstone, Reculver , etc, etc, ........all the places from the books, and it's a surreal feeling, even after all these years . Take the trip , and enjoy !! :)
    jamesm123 wrote:
    I'm up in Hampstead in north London but I've always wanted to see the duck inn. I was planning on doing the Bond driving tour of Kent (taking in the Moonraker book areas) at some point.

bond_driving_route.jpg
    :D
    Thomo wrote:
    The Limey wrote:

Ahh at Petts Bottom :)

duck_inn.jpg

duck_inn_2.jpg
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

Can't think 8-)

:))
    YNWA 97
  • dukebongdukebong Universal Exports London Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    The duck inn is well worth a visit
    Instagram: universal_exports_London
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

Hey, Lexi really wanted to meet me!

Not so sure about Asp9mm
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Only because you bribed her with Stollen :D
    Well, I certainly know how to lure a fish :D

I didnt see you get your worm out :))
    :))

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    He got his maggot out. Made the news...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNWdmcgBxdk
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Yummy, have to love the extra flavour :D

At least not everything in this flavoured tea comes out of the lab :D

I would have thought that you would be up for some of that tea mate, it would go well with your ducks tongue dimsum :D
    Great, another thread hijacked by core user in-jokes, yawn.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    jamesm123 wrote:

The down side to people on here meeting up and becoming friends?
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:
    jamesm123 wrote:

The down side to people on here meeting up and becoming friends?

Indeed...its crap when people become friends, have fun and enjoy each others company (Bondtots excluded) and share banter...oh well :#
    YNWA 97
    Why don't we meet up the next time in Hampsted? :D

At least I am having a friend there who shares my opinion about you bores

Happy to meet up anytime
    jamesm123 wrote:

Such a friendly person :D gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling to know there is so much :x in the world and that we are all Bond fans.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    If it wasn't for AJB, most of us would be bothering people on late night buses. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Or knocking one out in Hampstead Heaths toilets :D :v
    I still combine the activities from the above two posts every third Wednesday :D
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,220Chief of Staff
    Moonraker5 and I once met up and sank a few beers together. Happy to meet up with any members in Scotland. I'm in Germany from time to time, but have managed to successfully avoid meeting any of our members there... 8-)