A Member News Thread.

ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
I know there is a Comings and Goings thread But I was wondering if there would be any interest in having a "Member News" Thread.
In which perhaps, younger members could give details of passing exams, Students could post how their Degrees are going.
Older members could let others know about Births, marriages or Change of Job etc. Or other Big events in Life. Even if it's
only for advice on buying a new car or You've decided to stop shaving and grow a Beard. :))
"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I've had a sore throat for a week.

Viral gastroenteritus (probably spelt wrong), then the sniffs, then a claggy hard to swallow throat, now sore throat.

3 fecking weeks of ill! X-(

This has probably something to do with my daughter starting nursery, which could double for one of Saddam's Biological and Chemical Warfare production units.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Due to the un-seasonal weather today ice skating at Canary wharf was cancelled today due to
    the ice melting (well I thought it was funny)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    You are more than welcome to start a topic like this in the Off Topic Chat forum and if people post sensibly in it then there is a high chance it can be pinned to the top of the forum.

This forum is not the place for it!
    Simon
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    No Problem, Just a suggestion for a thread. Perhaps some kind Mod can move it to the "Off Topic Chat " Forum. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    But of course! :)

And as our leader has said, if this thread is used sensibly we'll pin it to the top.
    Wow, that was quick. I always said you were a very nice man. :))
    Other Mods take simply ages to do anything. :p
    Careful there, TP! You're in danger of major league slagging from all quarters. :))
    I'm "The boy who kicked the hornet's nest " :))
    Because my Doctor has said she thinks my blood pressure is a little high. I've had
    An automatic blood pressure strapped to my arm all day, and bloody hell
    Can it squeeze your arm. :)) So no more salt for me and plenty of that green stuff,
    Salad I think it's called. :#
    Just got a junk email telling me that I've made the cut for the World whos who. :D
    So that's one in the eye for all those who said I'd never amount to anything. :))
    Hell I thought I was famous when I made it to the phone book. ;)
    ( The Jerk )
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Today's my first anniversary of being an AJB member. Met loads of canny people on here. Hope to carry on for years to come.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    -{ Congratulations, I'm sure everyone wants to see you stick around
    For years to come. {[]
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,416Chief of Staff
    Congratulations on your first year -{
    YNWA 97
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I completely forgot that I joined here back in 2012 {[]
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Well Congratulations to you too. {[] Doesn't time fly when you're having fun, or hanging
    around AJB007. :))
    It does seem strange though :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    My niece and nephew are visting this weekend. My niece (3) asked my dad: "Did you too have your own Ipad when you were a kid, granddad?" :)) My father grew up during WWII and found the question hillarious.
    It was funny, after all during the war we had to gather round a neighbour's i-pad. :))
    To watch the latest film of Dame Vera Lynn twerking with George Formby. :p
    There should be an AJB007 Forum Meetup :)
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Tricky given how geographically diverse we are, but if anyone wants to meet at the Bond exhibition in London in the next couple of months, I'm game...
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    This is blowing one's own trumpet (well, it's a double bass really though the principle still stands) but some things are worth mentioning: my band will be performing at the Commonwealth Games in July.
    To be precise, we'll be playing during the Marathon on July 27th between 10am and 1pm GMT. Weather permitting, you might catch a glimpse of us on TV.
    Congratulations -{ I hope it's a big success. {[]
    Well played, Barbel! And good luck, what an honour! -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    finished well my number 2 this morning :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    We heard ! :))
    :o :o :o

Living up to your signature then? ;%
    Well played, Barbel! And good luck, what an honour! -{

Thanks C&D, and TP as well.

BT- too much information.... 8-)
    Barbel wrote:

BT- too much information.... 8-)

Well, it was <<< BIG >>> news for me and we are supposed to post our news here? :D

Glad you're keeping plumbers in business. :))

On the subject of Barbel's up coming TV appearence, will this now mean
    The band going on a crash diet and regular trips for a tan. :))