Connery tops poll in America

ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
Sir Sean tops poll for most popular Btitish actor in America. :D

Bond icon Sir Sean Connery has topped a new poll to find the most popular British actor in the U.S.
The 83-year-old Hollywood veteran has seen off competition from Colin Firth and Daniel Craig to take first place in this year's (13) Q Score chart, based on opinion polls conducted in America.
Silence of the Lambs' Sir Anthony Hopkins comes in second and Liam Neeson third, while David MCCallum and Daniel Day-Lewis rounded out the top five.
Henry Schafer, executive vice president of Q Scores Company, says, "Awareness of Sean Connery and his appeal was strong across the country and with all ages. He was not working so much but he had already transcended in the way people felt about him."
"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Comments

• Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Amazing since he hasn't appeared bodily onscreen since '03!
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) Just goes to show what an icon he is. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I'm just impressed that the pollsters found enough Americans who realised that Scots actually are British! :o
    Ah but for how long ? :)) ( SNP. Joke ).
    Although I've just realised that the top three British actors in America are ......
    Scottish, Welsh and Irish. Not an Englishman in sight. :))
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Great to see David McCallum in there too, I'm glad they realised he's British not Russian :D

How long since he was last on screen?
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    He's done a couple of American TV series in recent years so his appearance on the list may have more to do with those than Ilya Kuriakin.

I remember a scathing letter in a Canadian magazine in which someone be-rated the editor in no uncertain terms for referring to Ewan McGregor as British. "...he's Scottish!!" they proclaimed. I was rather disappointed that the magazine chose to publisher the letter without adding a comment that the stupid bint was the wrong one, not the editor!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,189Chief of Staff
    Although I've just realised that the top three British actors in America are ......
    Scottish, Welsh and Irish. Not an Englishman in sight. :))

With McCallum at No4, and Day-Lewis being Irish/English! :))
    That's okay...Hugh Laurie (House), Andrew Lincoln (Walking Dead), Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy), Henry Cavill and Idris Elba likely would have filled the top 5, but 99.55 of voters thought they were American! :o