Operation Quantum Bed!

PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
I really like the bed from Quantum of Solace but at over $8000 plus a 6 month delivery schedule, getting the original just isn't feasible.

I have hired a local craftsman to build a replica and the should have it completed in a few weeks, stay tuned.

Here is a pic of the original.
214_bond_jp291008_a_2.jpg

Comments

• Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,884MI6 Agent
    Finally a practical prop! Tell J. I need to borrow it for the anniversary for Janine Sherman and me!
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Getting closer!

securedownload.jpg
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:
    Getting closer!

securedownload.jpg

Very nice! Does it come with a replica of Gemma Arterton as well?! :))
    Paperbill wrote:
    Getting closer!

securedownload.jpg

Very nice! Does it come with a replica of Gemma Arterton as well?! :))

Now that would be nice! My own special bond girl is "helping" with this project!
    IMG_3800.jpg
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    I am intrigued to see it in place when it is finished -{
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    Hope it's oil proof! :o

Seriously nice work! Will be great to see the finished item!
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :D Great idea, a prop you can use every Night. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,884MI6 Agent
    Good luck finding the stationary, BB!
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Good luck finding the stationary, BB!

Yeah bill, how are you going to play "authentic" tick tack toe without "the" stationary

8-) 8-)

Great project though bill - how much to make me one?
    Thanks for the comments guys. It cost really depends on the materials used. I am sill deciding on the headboard (Cloth, vinyl. leather) but all said and done it should be under $1000. I am using real Oak which is the same wood as the BB Italia Bed. I really lucked out getting a craftsman from Europe to build it, it is spec on. Using lesser materials will decrease the cost, better materials increase, but you can't buy anything like this anywhere in the USA for under $3000. I have spent 4 years looking.
    4 years looking for the stationary? Bloody Hell. It's David Linley.
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    The stationary what exactly??? It's nice to finish your sentences!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    great project and looking forwards to see the final result!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Nice and unusual project!!! Must be a first of its kind and makes a change from buttplugs, Moonraker cameras and guns!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Getting closer. Rather that show the various stages of development I will just show the bed upon completion. We are also decoration the bedroom to be as similar to QOS as possible. Its tough getting the exact colors off of screen shots. Here is a neat article
    http://www.elledecor.com/celebrity-style/homes/9-of-the-best-silver-screen-bedrooms-57727
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Love it! Try and make the matching night stands too. You can probably find some similar lamps at Target. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!
    Another update. Here is the bed in near completed state. A couple of interesting notes: The color of the headboad is a ight cream color. I believe the movie headboard is similar but looks tan due to lighting. It is also looks like they used a queen sized bed in the movie and ours is king.

image.jpg
    I hesitated posting this picture, but what the heck. When we get the proper bedding and room made up I will post the bed in its glory. This was a test for weight and of course our dog had to try it out. US matresses are 12 inches and Europen are 10, thus the mattress will look a bit thicker.

untitled.jpg
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:
    I hesitated posting this picture, but what the heck. When we get the proper bedding and room made up I will post the bed in its glory. This was a test for weight and of course our dog had to try it out. US matresses are 12 inches and Europen are 10, thus the mattress will look a bit thicker.

untitled.jpg

You'll soon be able to have fun looking for the stationary :)
    Here it is for now....

image.jpg
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Awesome!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    So in the USA you're used to having 12 inches in the bedroom. Bloody hell you guys are spoiled. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."