Is Craig not Connery ect. (007 Legends)

DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
After playing Legends, I thought 'Well, Goldfinger is a Connery film, but it's like a memory in Legends, and the memory takes place while Bond (Craig) is doing Skyfall.' So isn't it that Craig the same Bond is as all the others? I never thought about that before I played Legends, it's very confused.
Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/

Comments

• ZorinIndustriesZorinIndustries United StatesPosts: 837MI6 Agent
    Yes the timeline, in my opinion, is very confusing. I like to think of CR/QoS taking place, then DN-DAD, and then SF comes after that, which would explain Judi Dench's appearance as M. Also, the introduction of a "new" Q, and the reference to the exploding pen, saying, "We don't go for that anymore," indicate that Bond has experienced all this already. Yet the introduction of a few characters completely nullifies my theory. It all makes no sense, really.
    "Better luck next time... slugheads!"

1. GoldenEye 2. Goldfinger 3. Skyfall 4. OHMSS 5. TWINE
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    People seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the franchise in thinking that there even is a timeline. As usual, the best comparison is mythology. Recurring characters and themes, but never tied down for the sake of new stories to be told and altered. It has infinite artistic license. Any references to events should only be taken to have a sensible meaning for the time and place that the reference is being conveyed in, not about.
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    I really wish I could have played as Connery in Legends. I did like the flashback idea they did though. The game was awful and too short anyway.
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
  • Agent LeeAgent Lee Posts: 254MI6 Agent
    Mr Beech wrote:
    People seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the franchise in thinking that there even is a timeline. As usual, the best comparison is mythology. Recurring characters and themes, but never tied down for the sake of new stories to be told and altered. It has infinite artistic license. Any references to events should only be taken to have a sensible meaning for the time and place that the reference is being conveyed in, not about.

Well put. I actually created a thread where I dissected a few different timeline theories (http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45515/an-exploration-of-timeline-theories/) and this was more or less my conclusion. Only you put it way better than I did {[]

I also think that, if you are going to put a timeline to the films, 007 legends should not be thrown in the mix. It's clearly a 50th anniversary thing and not meant to make sense timeline wise.
    Wish I Was at Disneyland, podcast about Disneyland, Disney news, Disney movies, Star Wars, and life in Southern California.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wish-i-was-at-disneyland/id1202780413?mt=2